“Bed Bugs”

Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed here in early May. In the middle of the second night I got up for a minute and on the way back to bed I discovered that we had bed bugs. Upon leaving the clerk discounted our stay for one night and 20.00 extra dollars. That did not cover our costs to prevent us from an infestation. I tried to contact the manger multiple times. That person never returned my calls. We contacted Choice Corp., they where no help, this is a franchise therefore they can not do anything. Find somewhere else to stay, this was not our first stay at this Sleep Inn, it really seems to be going down hill!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Gary R
Jeanne M, Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

It is the aim of our property to provide each guest with a good memory of the Sleep Inn. Unfortunately, sometimes we can not accomplish this goal due to circumstances beyond our control. We take seriously all the complaints that are received. After your stay with us that room was treated and we did follow all the guidelines to insure that the next guest to stay in that room did have a repeat of your experience.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I spent two nights here and would recommend it highly. The rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk also went above and beyond in their service. Friendly and very helpful. I will make it a point from now on to book my rooms early for the twice a year events I attend in Greenville.

Room Tip: Only having stayed in one room on the second floor I can't judge what the others would be like b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have to tell you, you really need to check for another place to stay beside this one. Their staff was rude, when I asked for extra blankets I was handed a blanket with burn holes in it. The place stinks, it is run down and when I contacted the manager when I returned home she was to call me back after my conversation with her and she never did. On top of that they now will not even answer the phone! Gotta love that caller ID. WOW what customer service! I even took it to the newspapers so you can decide if it is really wirth your risk to stay at a place with people of this nature running it. Best of luck and hope you go somewhere else. don't stay there!

Room Tip: Find another Hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank robin m
Jeanne M, Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

I do remember speaking with you but I do not remember any complaints regarding a blanket. I beleive that your complaint was that the hotel policy required a valid id because your credit card was unsigned. This policy is in place to insure that someone has not stolen the guests idendity. I am sorry that it took me longer than expected to return your call but I did have to speak with several members of my staff to insure that I had all the information required to address your issue. There have been tiimes that I have wished for caller id but we do not have that at this property and it could prove to be more of a hinderance to the day to day operation of the hotel .

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Early Saturday morning around 4:20, my business partner and I was rudley awaken by several loud and forceful knocks on our room door. My business partner walked to the door to see who it was through the peep hole and to his shock it was the police. So I opened the door in confusion and hoping to gain insight only to be be disrepected by the officer. I was told that there was multiple complaints about the noise level coming from my hotel room. As i was about to ask to officer to explain what he was talking about he starts yelling at me as if i was a child and threating me. "I heard you talking!....The tv is too loud i can hear it in the hallway!! Stop talking! turn the tv off and go to sleep now!!!!"
Now as a 29 year old businessmen we really did not appreciate this treatment. I currently work at another Sleepinn and have been for over 3 years and that was unacceptable.
I asked for the manager 3 separate times and he was no where to be found.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Jeremy H, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Jeanne and I discussed your matter and we do apologize for your experience. The hotel can't be held responsible for what Greenville PD does or how they handle things. Jeanne would not be on site at 4 am in the morning, that is true.Upon further investigation, Basically they stated the noice was coming from your room and GPD investigated.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

If you are just passing through and need a place to sleep for the night, this place will do. I wouldn't stay here if I was spending a lot of time in Greenville, but everything was satisfactory for the 12 hours I was in town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have stayed at this property a couple times in the past and was always satisfied. Not this time!! It has really gone downhill. The bathroom ceiling was peeling, and the shower door was hard to close and leaked. When parking gets scarce, there is usually a side door you can enter through by using your room key. It didn't work when I tried it and when when I asked they said it had been broken for a while. It would take about 10 seconds to put up a sign!!! In addition, my key card did not work when I tried to get in--I eventually found out that she had keyed it for someone elses room! And when I finally got i the room, the pillows were naked. After that, my key card NEVER worked. I had to go down to the desk 4 times throughout the stay to get it rekeyed. Of course, the woman at the desk who has never heard of the term "customer service" decided it would be a good idea to say that the only way the card would need to be rekeyed so many times was because due to MY negligence. I have never had that much trouble with a key card before. On the positive side, the housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating, and the location was perfect for the conference I was attending at the TD Convention Center.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I definitely recommend staying here,great service and great nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thanks for the great review we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Greenville. Jeanne.