“GREAT PLACE - CLEAN, FRIENDLY, CONVENIENT”

Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Excellent hotel, in every respect. Clean, big rooms. Super convenient to the Interstates, and lots of stuff in the area – many, many restaurants (regular and fast food), and a mall about 4 miles down the street. It is about a 10 to 15 minute to the historic downtown Greenville area and Falls Park.

Typical Residence Inn: Full fridge, microwave, dishes, little living room, etc. There’s a laundry room on the second floor (coin operated) to do your laundry – very convenient.
Good big breakfast buffet in the mornings. Everything good.

I stayed here twice in July, 2011 – about a week apart. The first night I stayed, I was in an end room on the third floor, by the stairwell. The internet was horrible – I couldn’t use the internet on either of my devices for longer than 10 minutes. It was strictly wi-fi in that room; there was no plug-in internet. I was very quick to write a review that this hotel has horrible internet.

In hindsight, I shouldn’t have posted that review. When I stayed here again, a week later, the internet was fine – and not just fine, very speedy. I had a room in the center of the hotel on the third floor. There was fast wi-fi, as well as the cord on the work desk to plug into the internet. When I am wrong, I own it – so I removed that previous review and corrected myself – the internet is very good. I don’t know why that one night it was horrible – I think maybe it was the room location, but really don’t know.

All-in-all, great place!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
GSPRI, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Wow, Thank you for taking the time not only to complete the first review, but also for updating it as well. I am so sorry that the internet was so slow and non responsive on your first visit. You are correct about the internet wireless signal in one area of the hotel being very weak. When you posted your review on July 12, I called our support team to have them test our equipment. Since then we have added an additional access point for a stronger signal in that area of the hotel.

We are always seeking ways to improve our hotel. I am so happy that your overall experience with us was great, and I thank you for returning to give us another opportunity to serve you! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the information about your stay, so we can better ourselves for the future. Please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel or by e-mail at ri.gspri.gm@marriott.com for you next visit, I would love to thank you in person.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

We were traveling with a friend, thus, we reserved a suite for better privacy. The hotel is located just off I-85, but tucked away in a quiet location. The property is well maintained and clean. The suite seemed smaller than other Residence Inns but still roomy and quite spacious for our needs.

What was memorable about this place was the wonderful breakfast. My wife really enjoyed the waffles and pancakes (with fruit toppings). I enjoyed the eggs and potatoes.

The walls were a bit thin, as we could hear the conversation from our neighbors, however, it wasn't a significant problem. What was an issue is that upon checkout, there was a billing glitch that required 2 follow-up phone calls to correct (and I'm still not 100% sure it is corrected).

Despite the one billing hiccup, the quality and value of this property means that we will consider staying here in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank adventuretravelernc
Nicole A, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are humbled and very glad you had a great stay. If you are ever in the Greenville, SC area I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed here for almost two weeks and the only complaint that I have is that there was not enough fruit choices and if you arrive before 6:30 for breakfast, there is not much of a selection. The room I had was very large and loved the fact that I could cook if I wanted to. I am planning on staying here again in April and May. The front desk staff were very helpful and always greeted me with a smile when I returned at the end of the day. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
GSPRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

We are happy to hear that your room was spacious why staying with us for two weeks. Our breakfast was updated at the first of the year, we added different fruit options. The mixed fruit was removed and in its place we rotate pineapple, cantaloupe, and honeydew. We also have whole fruit such as apples, bananas, and oranges or other seasonal fruit. If you have other suggestions that we could add, please feel free to contact me. We love to hear comments and suggestions on how to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 20 March 2011

After reading these old reviews i was worried but everything was great! The rooms was clean, a cleaning company was cleaning the carpet all over the hotel but that didn't bother me because it smelled so clean and i was happy to see that they cared enough to clean the carpets! I was given directions to historical sites and local restaurant's by the young man at the front desk Jai was his name i believe. I would visit again ! Breakfast was adequate but it was very busy and the young lady stocking the food seemed to re fill re things as fast as she could so be sure to go down early .

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

I am so happy that you had a “Great weekend get away”. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Downtown Greenville has a nice park and several historical sites to see. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 27 September 2009

We ussually stay at local b&b's in the Blue Ridge Mountain Areas, but on a recent trip we tried this Residence Inn. We were impressed with the cleanliness and large rooms provided at this hotel. Plus as with B&B, we were still able to have breakfast each morning without traveling or spending additional cash. At night they have an evening social with food and drinks and the property was very close to the highway which allowed us the ability to get around the area quick. The plus to this property over a B&B was the availability of a full kitchen which we took advantage of to reheat leftovers and keep drinks in the fridge. We liked this Residence Inn and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank lovetravelingalot

Reviewed 15 August 2009

We always stay at residence inn, throughout the country. We were disappointed with this inn. Breakfast was supposed to be from 7 - 10 on the weekends as we were told by the desk clerk when checking in. On Sat morning we came down for breakfast and were told it was over at 9:30. It was 9:30 when we came down and ended up having coffee. Taking a shower surprised up as there was no hot water or pressure. When we advised the desk we were told that they were sorry but they had to replace a compressor that morning. They said it was fixed and we could shower then. Too late, dressed and ready to go.

The morning we did get breakfast early it was unlike all of the other residence inns, very little choice, very little fruit. Beer and wine are not sold in the cooler and the surrounding grounds left a lot to be desired. In all, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear we fell short of you expectations. We have since renovated and re-vamped our guest services and amenites. If you are ever in the Greenville, SC area, we would love to have you come experience the new and improved Residence Inn.

Thank you.

Reviewed 31 January 2009

Moved to this property from another hotel in Greenville, as it is a distance from the I-85 and therefore quieter. Found the staff to be friendly and accomodating. Breakfast is fairly standard, and they now have a light dinner on Monday-Thursday. Absolutely would recommend in this price range.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank RaleighTravelers