Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Greenville Marriott(Greenville)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsliving roomfire pitshower and toiletfront deskwell maintained and cleanan extended stayfirst floorcomfortable hotelhome away from homeup to datehot breakfaststaff was very friendlydishwasherpropertyfireplacehousekeeperinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I entered the assigned room and I thought the neighbors are in my room - I could hear them loud and clear!
Went to the desk to get a different room. Since I am eligible for free room upgrades, I also asked if I can an upgrade. Clerk asked "what kind of upgrade" ?
Not sure if he didn't want to give an upgrade or if he was just stupid, I got no upgrade.
He gave me the keys for a normal room, but the keys didn't work! I went back, no apologies from the clerk.
I opened the room and it smelled horrible!
I wanted to set the alarm clock, but it was broken. I went back to the clerk and he told me that someone will bring me a new clock. Again no apologies.
10 minutes later someone knocked on the door and handed me an alarm clock, no words accompanied that exchange.
I tried to set it, but it was the same broken alarm clock!
Went back to the clerk, again no apologies, again someone will bring a new clock.
10 minutes later I got another clock, this time working.
Other things I noticed: dirty bed sheets with blood stains, dirty closet mirror, dirty bath room. They never cleaned the bath room well. Always the horrible smell.
Will never return there again!

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Michael K
GSPRI, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Michael,

Please allow me to apologize for my associate’s behavior and your experience at our hotel. I am pretty embarrassed and ashamed right now. This is not the way we train our staff, and we failed you. I have worked here for ten years and I assure you that this not acceptable for me. I will follow up with my team members, so we can prevent these things from affecting other guest. For your bad experience and lack of service encounters, I want to offer you compensation; if you could contact me by phone or email I would appreciate it. Once again I am sincerely sorry and I do hope that when and if you travel to Greenville again, you allow us to serve you and make things right.

864-627-0001
ri.gspri.gm@marriott.com

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Met another couple here for New Years weekend. Got a great price on a 2BR suite, full kitchen and fireplace. Check-in was great, quick with high floor requests accommodated without a problem. A couple oddities...2BR suite only had 1 hair dryer, which is not the case in most Residence Inns. Also asked that room be refreshed early in the day...and was told they do them "in order." Again, not usual for Marriott properties. Breakfast WAS pretty standard, eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, etc. Busy but rapidly refilled; kudos to the staff! Rooms were very clean, we enjoyed the fireplace, and overall would stay jere again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank 1192011g
Nicole A, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are humbled and very glad you had a great stay. If you are ever in the Greenville, SC area I hope you will stay with us again.

Again, thank you.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed in 2 bedroom/2Bath unit with full kitchen August 2011. Pros: Spacious unit, 2 queen beds, full kitchen, and sofabed. Breakfast was served in morning. Good value especially with AAA disount. No fee for parking. Convenient to airport, about 20 mins from Furman University. Cons: Wall paper thin. Could hear everything next door and in the hall when folks came in/out. Beds rock hard.
Overall good value for the money. Stayed in a first floor unit, maybe cut down on some of the noise upper level. Would stay there again. Really like having the full kitchen can save a lot on meal costs.

Room Tip: Ask for upper level room. Ask for extra towels they are really small.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Again, thank you.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I really enjoy this property. Close to the airport, friendly staff, clean rooms. This is my 2nd stay. And I'm sure I'll be staying here again soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank johndfffff
GSPRI, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Thank you for you comments, we enjoy receiving feedback from our Guests. That is how we better ourselves for future guest and learn about what is important to you. I am happ to hear that we have met you expectations.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 5 October 2011

My son's college had family weekend and since he wanted a home cooked meal, I chose the Residence Inn because of its' kitchen facilities. Prior to my arrival, Rita, the manager, helped me tremendously by reserving a suite with a stove and early check in (thank you so much for all of your help!).The property is indeed tucked away from the busy street (a plus in my book) and well maintained. It is a little older in style than many of the other RI properties where we have stayed but it was very clean and more than sufficient for our needs. I will definitely stay for future college trips (basketball season is coming up so I will be a frequent visitor! :)

Thanks again!

Room Tip: I requested an upper floor just because i do that for every hotel and I never noticed noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank shuga0293

Thank you for you comments, I am so happy that you were able to give your son a “Home Cooked” meal. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Your Home Away From Home,