“quick and efficient stay”

Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Pennsylvania
“quick and efficient stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We got to this hotel late at night. The woman at the front desk was very nice and friendly. Check in was fast. The bed was not comfortable though. I woke up with back pain all night long and it hurt in the morning. Breakfast was okay. It had way more options than the other Fairfield I was at the prior days. The only suggestion would be to have 2 toasters like most hotels. The couple using the toaster kept putting down their items over & over again so I gave up on having toast. Checking out was fast as well. The room was fairly clean also but there was long strands of hair on the bathroom floor which was gross as it was not ours. But parking was good and the place was safe for the 9 hours I was there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We want to thank you for staying with us and we want to apologize for any inconvience that you may have experience. Thank you for your comments this will help us be a better hotel in the furture. If you are back in our area please come and stay with us again. Thank you and have a great day

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Viera, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was average. Not sure I'd stay again. We were visiting for my son's baseball tournament and had to stay at either Fairfield Inn or Courtyard Marriott. We choose Fairfield Inn because we travel a lot and always pick Fairfield if there is one. The rooms were okay. Nothing special. Could have been nicer considering it was a Fairfield. Doors didn't close properly, you had to slam them shut. You could hear EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE that passed by your room. Bathroom was below average. One of our kids left the "do not disturb" sign on our door as we left at 6am for the field one morning. Upon arriving back at 11:30pm we realized our room did not get serviced so we called down and explained what happened and asked for fresh towels. After all we did just come back from being in the South Carolina heat for five hours straight. Imagine how we all smelled! We were told that housekeeping was gone for the day and they had no clean towels to give us. And they wouldn't be back until 9am the next morning. Hmmm, no clean towels and we couldn't even shower before heading to the airport the next morning upon check out. Never had this happen before. My husband called back down and asked if they forgot how to do laundry! The guy who answered said he would throw a load in asap. He must be super laundry man because ten minutes later there was a knock on our door and poof clean towels appeared!
All in all I'd pick a different hotel and location to stay at if it was my choice but like I said the tournament was run by USSSA and they required we stay at one of the "host" hotels.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay by the elevators or ice machines. Ask to be moved if you get a room located near either...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
I do apologize for the inconvenience that you may have experience while staying with us. I know we were full with the teams that weekend but that is no excuse for being late with the towels. I do apologize again and if you are back in our area please give us another try. Thank you.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I've Now stayed at this location twice (both times for a week). Upon arrival the staff were quick and efficient and the hotel even had a list of guests arriving with Marriott Elite Status (First Name and Last Initial). It doesn't seem like much but at least you know they care about the frequent travelers that are staying with them. The front staff placed me in an upper floor room away from the elevators which is always helpful in having a quiet stay. The rooms were nice, large, and spacious. Unlike some hotels I've stayed at, this location had LCD TVs which allowed you to connect your computer (via HDMI) which is nice for watching movies. The breakfast and internet here were nice perks (they had wired internet as well as wireless).

Both times I've stayed here have been enjoyable for a business trip. There are several restaurants nearby, however, this hotel is tucked away near a wooded area and quite peaceful. I'll definitely stay here again when in Grenville.

Room Tip: High floors away from the elevators are best.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ray_priddy
Thank you so much for the comments and for staying with us and if you are back in the area please come stay with us again. Have a great day
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We requested a room in a quiet location at the time of reservation. Upon check-in we reminded the desk clerk that we were in town on business and would like a quiet location as we needed to make calls and work on the computer in our room. The desk clerk gave us a long spiel about the hotel clientele being "all business" and that noise is not an issue. Not so much! The hotel was hosting a LARGE group of the worst behaved children I have ever seen. We were kept up all night by kids screaming and running through the hallways. We complained to the front desk but nothing was ever done. When we tried to contact the desk clerk later, he let the phone ring and ring and then picked up the phone and immediately hung up on us (twice!!). The rooms are very tired looking (chipped countertops, scratched mirrors, marks on walls, etc...) The one bright spot was the EXCEPTIONAL housekeeping. Our room was VERY clean. We had high hopes for this hotel but will NOT return. This is not a hotel for business people looking for a quiet place to work and sleep. If you are someone who enjoys screaming children this is the spot for you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Good Morning please accept my apology for the inconvience that you may have experienced while staying at our hotel. We did have a lot of kids in because of a baseball tournament in Greenville which lasted almost a week. I do apologize again and if you are back in our area please come and give us another try. Thank You
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our mini stay-cation... Most of the front desk staff were very nice... Carmen doesn't smile much but oh well.. Breakfast set-up and choices exceeded my expectation. The housekeepers were quite pleasant and respectful. They acknowledge and greet you every time they see you in the hallways..
I had an issue with my room that required that I move to a new room on the last night of the stay. That's about the only negative thing that happened on my stay.

PS.. The pillows are horrible.. :-). I asked the housekeepers to bring us different pillows and they brought 3more of the same horrible pillows.. lol .. I see a pillow renovation coming...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A Émylyã B
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for the comments about our hotel it will help us be a better property in the furture. Thank You for staying with us and come back and see us soon.
SC
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I was a little unhappy with my stay here at this hotel. Slow tub drain, very noisy A/C and Fridge were the problems for me. The bed was just okay and other than there were no problems. I dont know I will come back here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SD882
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the inconvenience that you may have experience while staying with us this will help us in the furture to be become a better hotel. Thank you for staying with us and if you are back in the area give us another try. Have a great day.
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed for the weekend in Greenville. The hotel staff was dynamic, very knowledgable of what to do and to see. They were able to direct appropriately. The only downfall was there was some sort of athletic championship going on and children from all over the tri-state area seemed to be housed at our hotel. There was a lack of parental supervision as well as hotel staff preventing the children from running around the hotel.

The hotel itself was clean and the price was great! When we go again, we will look for a hotel closer to the city center, however for what we needed, this was great too!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Miajack22
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank You very much for the comments and I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experience.Please come back to see us if you are in our area. have a great day.