“Rude staff, nonsmoking not enforced and too much air spray in lobby and rooms”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
“Rude staff, nonsmoking not enforced and too much air spray in lobby and rooms”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Opening the door to the lobby, a cloud of overly perfumed air scent nearly takes your breath away. the kind of scent used to cover up a lack of cleanliness. Though i was the only guest in the lobby, I had to wait until the young female desk clerk finished texting on her cell phone. In my reservations I had requested a nonsmoking room. When I asked to confirm I would get a nonsmoking room, I was told in a very sassy voice that "every room is non smoking".

When I opened the door to the room a bellow of cigarette smoke hit me hard. The room reeked. I returned to the front desk and reported that the room clearly had, had a heavy smoking guest. The desk clerk said she would have to check it out and precedes to leave without reassigning us to another room. When I asked if she could give us a new room before she checked the room she said she would have to check it and write a report. Upon my persistence for another room, she huffily reassigned us to another room.

The second room did not smell of cigarettes but like the lobby was heavily sprayed with an "air freshener." As this room was on the second floor we opened the window and left for some sight seeing and dinner. Four hours later, the room was still a bit stinky but I thought it would be tolerable. By morning we all had a sore throat and our noses felt raw on the inside.

Though the staff at this hotel were rude and certainly not customer service oriented, Greenville is a great town. Everyone else, everywhere we went were friendly, pleasant and very helpful. This was our first trip to Greenville but we will be returning soon and often but never to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, b ut if you do stay here, get an upper level so you can open the windows to c...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RJF2017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Whitehouse, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The best thing I can say is that it was in the right place. This place needs some upkeep maintainance. In our bathroom the top of the commode take was completely gone. In my parents room, there was a broken door stop with very sharp metal edges (a lawsuit just waiting to happen.) We also had only lukewarm water for taking a bath.
The breakfast was the normal Comfort Inn meal, however, the breakfast "person" did not show up for her shift, and the front dest person was trying her best to do both jobs. Not a good way to start the day, I'm sure.
Unless this location is just where you need to be, you would do better somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Omg nice hotel but staff is ghetto and rude my money and shoes was stolen out of my room and when I called they said they haven't found nothing the front desk was very rude also its a nice hotel but I won't stay there ever again un professional

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank monicamur
Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We chose to stay at this hotel due to its location. A family member was at the hospital and this was the closest hotel. It was clean, the afternoon clerk was very nice, and it was comfortable. The early morning clerk was ok, but he wouldn't make coffee, so we had 1 cup using our tiny coffee maker in the room. We didn't have towels, and when we requested them, we only got 2 sets for 3 people. I went to the lobby and got more and still the clerk was very nice. The hospital is located in a run-down section of town, and we knew this before we arrived, so we weren't surprised. I would not recommend this location for pleasure trips, but for us, it was perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2012

i would definitely return back to the comfort inn. the front desk personel went out of their way to make us feel at home. breakfast was good. complete with sausage and eggs/ gravy biscuits, fresh fruit, variety of cold juice, coffee, tea, muffins, yogurt, boiled eggs, bacon and other lil treats. you are greeted with a smile and the staff seem to truly be on their jobs! i slept comfortably. the rooms were clean, the over all experience was pleasant and quaint. im looking forward to returning to the comfort in and suites! only down fall is, there is no pool. but it isnt a must, just an extra. their southern hospitality certainly made up for it!

Room Tip: id choose a suite! they are beautifully decorated!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashley t
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights (3/19,20/2012). The hotel rooms were clean and I only had one minor issue that could have been a big issue if I stayed the entire week as planned. The AC unit in RM 208 did not work. I reported the issue to the front desk twice and it was not resolved. I checked out early after talking to the front desk about the issue on the morning of 3/20. It was not a bad hotel. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want breakfast and coffee get down to the serving area early.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
north_alabama
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We came to Greenville for an emergency involving my mother who was placed in the ICU at Greenville Memorial Hospital. The hotel is partnered with the hospital to have special rates but we used the AAA rate instead. Hotel is very close to the hospital but I would not want to walk to the hospital, it can be done if needed. Rooms were average. The complimentary breakfast was a little sparce but then this is not a restaurant. Parking was very tight though and noticed it seemed a few had to use the Taco Bell parking lot which is next door. One thing though is the toliet paper holder was positoned very badly. I think when a contractor installs those thing they should first sit on toliet before positioning the holder. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family