“Amazed by this stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
“Amazed by this stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have NO IDEA why people left bad reviews for this hotel.On our way back up from Florida this summer we stopped here for a night's stay. This hotel has obviously been freshly rennovated. The hotel is pretty small from the looks, but there is a nice looking lobby that is overooked on every floor with windows. The hallways were very wide, which is a big convenience for many, especially when the housekeeper carts are in the halls. The room was the size of a "Choice" suite, or just a very big room! Two beds, new appliances and a clean carpet, bathroom, and beds, it was great! The beds were comfortable and I loved it, an amazing suprise for the customer! The breakfast WAS continental, but I guess that i okay since that is not a necessary highlight for a night's stay.

Room Tip: I've read that rooms closer to the Burger King side are noisier!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mawijr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Graniteville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here due to some events that me and my fiance had to attend. Excellent hotel, it was very clean, and the rooms were great. The first time I stayed the front desk clerk was kind of shady, but I had to return to this area again and since I loved the hotel I decided to stay at this property again. The clerk was super friendly and helpful. Loved this hotel, will always stay here when in the area !

Room Tip: One tip is when checking in make sure you request a room on the opposite side of where the taco bell...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ray R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to a nearby hospital where I was undergoing cancer surgery. My 17 year old son occupied one room, my sister and her adult daughter another. I was discharged somewhat unexpectedly. I instructed my son to call the front desk and request late. Checkout. The rudest clerk in the world refused said late checkouts were reserved for Privileged members, and that he was inconsiderate of the needs of others. It wasn't clear if she was talking about cleaning staff or guests checking in. In 72 years of traveling I've never been refused the courtesy of a late checkout and have never had a more compelling reason. I'm sorry I didn't read trip advisor before I booked a room. It seems my experience is not unusual. Don't encourage such poor customer service by staying at this hotel

Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Henry S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I just got here and I want to leave. This place stinks. The air freshener is awful. The guy at the front desk was very rude. The neighborhood is sketchy. The pictures make it look nice but don't be fooled.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Lauren3077
Lawrence
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

This hotel was the worst Choice hotel we've ever stayed in. We were concerned for safety due to loitering at entrances, card swipe at side entrance didn't work so door was always propped open, we heard loud music from Taco Bell drive-up outside our window until 2AM, & room door safety guard didn't keep it from being pushed open. We felt hotel neighborhood was unsafe. Tub drain was clogged, mold in shower, heating/cooling unit didn't work right, bath door didn't latch, comforter stained, & only luggage cart didn't steer properly. When we brought our clothes & luggage in on cart, we had to pass through smokers, incl employees, who hung out at entrances. Ramped access to entrance was inconveniently located & almost too narrow for cart. Parking was extremely insufficient. Staff unfriendly except lady at check-in. Last straw was at breakfast when staff person was just sitting watching TV & then during breakfast, we heard thundering noise from above. Fitness room treadmill was being used & was located directly above breakfast room. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

This hotel was completely re-furbished only 2 years ago I believe, but it's just not up to par. Our bathroom tub/shower was not even caulked in places, big gaps, who knows what could be growing in there. There was a huge headboard installed over the bed, but no electric outlet on one side of the bed, so the lamp could not even be plugged in. Why housekeeping doesn't report these things is beyond me. Because we were there on a warm Dec weekend, we didn't need heat until the next morning, and not only was the wall unit unplugged, but it didn't work once we did plug it in and do all the dials correctly. When we reported all the things wrong with the room, very nicely, the front desk never apologized or anything close to that. They said nothing! The smaller things were that there was no list of TV channels in the room, they said they didn't have one to give me either. There also was no TV Guide channel or any other channel to give you a listing of stations, so it was a very slow process to find my news station. At breakfast, the juice machine contained room temp juices and milk. When I noted that as kindly as I could to the breakfast lady,(as she played solitaire on the lobby computer) she shrugged her shoulders. I guess she didn't care if the bacteria grew in there with no refrigeration. Everything in our room had been unplugged, all the lights and the refrigerator. Who is managing this place? Where are they?

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Criti-gal
Dillwyn, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

The hotel was fully booked because of a Clemson football game, but the hotel seemed completely unprepared for it. Housekeeping seemed overwhelmed. They ran out of some items of food for the breakfast. The breakfast attendant spent most of her time playing computer games on the lobby computer. The waffle machine was broken. Our room was poorly cleaned. The coffee machine was not cleaned and linens not changed. At one point, the elevator was not working. Parking is limited. Spend a little extra and stay downt.own!

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple