“Absolutely Excellent Gelato”

Ranked #1 of 31 Dessert in Greenville
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Absolutely Excellent Gelato”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been here a few times now and each time the Gelato has been excellent! It's a great place to go get a cone of gelato and walk around downtown. The only reason I give it 4 stars and not 5 stars is because of the limited selection I encountered. So be cautioned if you go later in the evening as they do not have an unlimited supply.

Otherwise everything about Luna Rosa is fantastic!

• Visited April 2014

“Can I give it 6 stars?”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I'm not a fan of ice cream. I used to say, if i never eat ice cream from today till the day i die, i wouldn't be missing anything. I really don't know what drove me to say i'd like to eat ice cream after that mother's day lunch. I wasn't even particular about which gelato place to go. Luna Rosa was just convenient, around the corner from Yap. And it was darn good luck. The chocolate gelato was heavenly. I so enjoyed eating those chocolate bits. I wanted a single scoop but made a mistake of ordering a double scoop. And i finished it too soon. Their gelato was light and not too sweet. The waffle cone was yummy. Now can i give it 6 stars?

Visited May 2014
2 Thank TMPINSC
“Gelato to die for !”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It is a good thing that I do not live within walking distance of this place. They make the absolutely best gelato in the USA. Many flavors, and I understand made by the owners on premise. A must if you like gelato. And you don't even have to go to Italy !

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank nonnino
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Italian Gem in Downtown Greenville”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Luna Rosa is easily one of my favorite restaurants in Greenville. The food is fresh, delicious and made from scratch...and to top things off, there's also a FANTASTIC selection of creamy, flavorful, homemade gelato that's sure to cure your sweet tooth! People complain about the amount of time it takes to get their food, but the fact of the matter is, it takes longer because it's freshly prepared (and it is so worth the wait). And to add to my already very positive review, the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. My girlfriends and I went there for lunch today (5/2/14) and called ahead because we were on a time crunch. When we got there, they already had a table waiting for us with our food ready to go. Overall: great atmosphere, great food, great people and great service. I will be recommending Luna Rosa to everyone I know!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jennifer S
“Great for anyone who can't eat ice cream”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Perfect for a late night snack on a warm evening. The one scoop was the right amount. It's worth the visit! Outside seating was available as well. I recommend the chocolate (everything). After ordering you can sample all of the flavors. Gelato is perfect for an ice cream substitute!