“Little Italy in downtown Greenville”

Luna Rosa Gelato Cafe
Ranked #1 of 34 Dessert in Greenville
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've gone to Luna Rosa several times for the amazing gelato, but it has always been in the evening. Went at lunch and who knew??? Fantastic, homemade soup, pizza and more. Youv'e got to try the roasted tomato and eggplant bisque and panini. Can't wait to go back for the baked ziti quattro formaggi.Then cool, refreshing gelato!

1  Thank Joyce854
There are newer reviews for Luna Rosa Gelato Cafe

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Closest gelato to the real thing in Italy. Great selection of flavors.They need to open another location out on Woodruff Road or Five Forks/Simpsonville.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've been living in Shanghai for almost three years, but I still miss Luna Rosa delicious gelato! Despite Shanghai being a huge city, chock-full of restaurants and cafes, I haven't found a place yet that could rival Luna Rosa's gelato! I grew up in Italy and Luna Rosa is by far one of the best gelatos I ever had in the U.S. You are on my " to go back list:" next time I travel to Greenville!

1  Thank Cris J
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This place was set up just like the Italian gelato places I have visited. You go in and pick a size and pay (they take credit cards), and then pick your flavors. I want to go back and try the food and coffee. We just tried the gelato, but that was outstanding. I had the lemon and the birthday cake in a waffle come. My friend had the lemon and the lime. You can taste as many flavors as you wanted before committing. The staff was super nice and friendly and efficient. The gelato tasted JUST LIKE the gelato I recently had in Italy. Can't wait to go back :)

2  Thank MarMarMarirene
Reviewed 17 June 2014

a. Cash register worker was completely inexperienced and very difficult to work with.
b. Gelato servers were great. Very friendly, patient and personable.
c. Gelato was average. I had three flavors all of which were a tier down from Talenti.
d. Very crowded and popular spot.