“Lunch at Tsunami”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stopped off at Tsunami for lunch today and started with wonderful large baked mussels with a delicious light spicy sauce over lettuce. A great way to start a meal at Tsunami. Then we shared the Tsunami Bento box lunch which came with miso soup and salad, very good. We also shared a Poseidon roll, a centipede and spicy calamari roll. All the food was great with wonderfully fresh fish and perfect toppings.
Tsunami is the best for sushi in the Greenville, SC area. The service can use some help.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have been going to Tsunami since they opened and have always enjoyed it. However, after our last couple of visits, it seems to us that they are falling prey to the same thing that gets many restaurants......Complacency!
We don't know if it's a change in Chefs or just plain old "Been there, Done that" staff, but it has really changed and not for the good. It used to be that we would put them up against any of the other Sushi places in town for freshness and creativity of dishes, but not anymore. One of my favorites has always been the Spider Roll. They offered a large fresh tasting and properly prepared roll. The last time we were there, it was small and overcooked. Not sure of freshness, because of the overcooking.
It almost seems like the bar atmosphere has taken precedence over the food and they are trying to compete as a Hip Club or something.... FAIL!!!
Two things we will miss (As we are not returning)... The Creamy Spicy Tuna appetizer and the $50 Roll. Both of these are excellent!
I hope they can right the ship! Maybe we will give it a shot sometime in the future to see.

1  Thank Matt-Sherry
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had a nice dinner at Tsunami. The waitress was super nice to me. She recommended the Dragon rolls, and I tried that. It was delicious: soft and delicate. I also had the salmon uramaki and the Philadelphia ones: not my favorite, but not bad either.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Tsunami many times in fact it's our favorite sushi restaurant in the Greenville, SC area where we live.. The food is outstanding and they offer so many different varieties to choose from. We have found the service to be less than great. Some of the servers should remember tipping is based on so-so, good and great service if you expect to get a large tip then don't do us a favor and serve us go out of your way to make sure we have everything we need. Things like menu's, plates, extra napkins or more water when the glass is empty goes a long way in pleasing someone. DON'T take the customer for granted. The night before we ate at The Lazy Goat and tipped the server extra because he was so attentive. As I said the food is wonderful and the location is great.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

So many menu items to try! I will come back. The interior is nicely done, service was great and food excellent!