“Ooo La La - Chocolate Making class!!”
Review of Le Petit Croissant

Le Petit Croissant
Ranked #7 of 13 Bakeries in Greenville
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Fantastic time with Chef Vincent Caradonna! The class was fun and delicious! And I got to take home, like 20 truffles that I made! AND they were delicious! Who knew Chef Caradonna could make me into a chocolate maker!! Thanks for a fabulous time! I'm looking forward to taking the class again! Well worth the $$!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This is run by a couple. He is a master chocolate marker! A master! The chocolates are luscious tasting, smooth with just hints of undertones. The baked items are excellent! Sit and enjoy the chocolates! With hot tea even! They have prepackaged almond bark, special made toffees, along with desserts, also. They offer limited food each day and that can be the problem. The tables are cloth covered with fresh flowers and a nice atmosphere. But you might eat what is 'left'. The quiches each have an excellent flavor! Nothing strange at all but unique and very good! In our party I was last to order and made do with a sandwich. It was traditional french, ham and cheese. That is all. No seasoning or anything to add to it. Tender but dry and boring. No little greens or such on the side. No touches on the plates that one would expect in this atmosphere. My advice? Go for the chocolate or tea/coffee & croissants! Plenty of space to sit and visit with friends!

1  Thank Star N
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here multiple times- every time I am in town. I love their espresso caramels and their macarons are good as well (both are very much on the pricey side). I look forward to them growing more and having more options!

1  Thank Rileyswebb
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here hoping to get some croissants for breakfast. The aloof person at the front counter looked at us like “what” and I asked “do we seat ourselves; we’ve never been here before” to which she replied someone just bought all our croissants. Okay.... what else is there... well we usually have sandwiches later on. Why open at 7 am if all you have to offer is macarons? It was also very empty inside as far as people and also decor. Just weird.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We were looking forward to some authentic French pastries and coffee for breakfast.

My wife is French, and we treated a young French friend. He seemed satisfied--he's in university and always hungry enough to gnaw on the furniture--but my wife and I were disappointed. The chocolate croissant was doughy and leaden, and the chocolate was nearly liquid and oozed out and even ended up under my fingernails. (When I left, my hands looked like I'd just changed the oil in my car--but the chocolate was very tasty!) I also had a quiche, but it tasted a bit like it came out of the freezer section of the local grocery store. I don't like coffee served in glass cups--it always looks weak, and this was. It was high quality coffee, but I find Americans generally drink their coffee weak.

It may be that being married to a French woman has raised my standards. Time was, I would have thought this was a wonderful breakfast. Maybe we just hit the place on an off day. We also found the prices very high--even higher than in Paris.

Date of visit: January 2018