“Sorry but a bit disappointing”

Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #261 of 973 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Description: New American cuisine prepared in a scratch kitchen, paired with an on-site brewery producing fresh, award-winning beers, all in a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. Happy Hour specials available Monday-Friday from 5pm-7pm. Reservations and "Call Aheads" are accepted for lunch and dinner, seven days a week. Outdoor seating available, weather permitting.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me start with the best part, a very nice selection and variety of beers which they should have...It's a Brewery! Fairly priced as well.

Now for the not so good part..the food was average at best and way over priced. The staff overall seemd very inexperienced including our waitress. We stopped her from telling us the specials by letting her know we didn't eat meat, only fish and vegetarian options. I ordered the House Salad to start and I overlooked it and our waitress failed to mention that it had crispy prosciutto. When it arrived I didn't notice it at first because the prosciutto was minuscule, I mean you barely knew it was there. Anyway it took me almost 5 minutes to get our waitress back to take it away. I don't even think she knew what prosciutto is. She offered to replace it and I declined. Based upon how it was served it was hardly worth $8.00.

My wife ordered the Grilled Salmon Salad @$17.50. It had baby arugula, kalamata olives, red onion, grape tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, grilled red and yellow peppers, matchstick potatoes, balsamic vinaigrette. She ordered the Salmon medium and it was almost not cooked in places and way to seasoned so to be overly salty.

I ordered the Fish and Chips also at $17.50
Vienna Red Lager-battered haddock, hand-cut fries, coleslaw, remoulade sauce
Personally they were over battered and only 2 pieces were served. For the price I expect more. I pay this price for Fish and Chip made with 3 nice pieces of Halibut in places like Victoria BC or Vancouver. The hand cut fries were ok.

We had a total of three beers. So for almost $70.00 with tip it was an expensive mediocre lunch. Oh and the waitress forgot to take my House Salad off of the bill so again we had to flag her down to correct it.

Bottom line, I'm sorry, we really had hoped this would be a great new place to go. We will go back for the Beers and maybe an appetizer but unfortunately not for lunch or dinner. For a Brewery/Pub it's over priced for the average food. I am attaching photos of my Salad, the Fish & Chips and Beer Menu to this review.

IronHillBrewery, Manager at Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for dining with us and taking the time to let us know about your experience. We have shared your feedback with the kitchen and operations teams as we take great pride in the quality of our food and service. The service you described is not acceptable and we will be working to correct this immediately. We are glad that you enjoyed the beers, and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I came here for lunch on Fathers Day. This Iron Hill location (13 total locations, this is the first one in the South) opened up the first week in May 2018. As you can imagine, Fathers Day, hello, it's going to be a busy busy day so we were prepared for a wait as we did not make reservations. Inside was absolutely packed but they have 2 nice outdoor patios with ceiling fans going that we opted for because a.) We could be seated quicker and b.) it was much less noisy and we could actually talk and enjoy our lunch and beers.

Out total wait time for outdoor seating was maybe, and I mean maybe 4 minutes. Our waitress was Melanie, she was very nice, personable and knowledgeable about the menu and the beer selection. I had the Pickled Steer Sandwich and my wife had the grilled Salmon Salad. Both choices were fantastic. My wife even said it was the best Salmon Salad she has ever had. Period. The food was served quickly despite them being so busy. Their menu choices are many with a lot of variety on the menu and many beer inspired selections.

We tried 5 different beers and every one of the 5 were simply phenomenal beers. They also have their "King of the Hill" club with a one time $15.00 lifetime membership with several associated perks (points earned for dollars spent for which you get gift certificates; upsized 16 oz pours become 22 oz. pours every time you go, served in a special KOTH mug; invitations to special events; notification of new releases, etc. etc.) and one KOTH membership covers both my wife and I each time we visit. For us, we think it's a good deal but you can be the judge of that.

Overall, this was a fantastic visit, a special addition to my Fathers Day, and a great find here in Greenville for a great lunch or dinner and quality beers. Another nice thing about coming here compared with going to downtown Greenville/Main St is you won't have to search for parking or pay for it either.

Thanks Iron Hill for setting up shop here in Greenville!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It’s a nice place. Good food but kind of pricey. This is a place I would go to for a nice dinner. Not the kind to chill and have a beer. And the beer was okay. There are other breweries in the upstate with better beer and more selections. So overall the place was okay. No sure if I’ll be visiting again. Just nothing special. It’s just like every other restaurant around.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We strive to provide a much better experience than what you described and hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that we are better than that! Be sure to visit us during Happy Hour for specials.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Made reservations get there and not ready to seat us. They wait staff very disoriented. Waitress explained menu, got drinks and then ordered. My husband had to send steak back twice and still not correct, being his day he was upset. So finally everyone else had ate and his still had not got steak, so we advised them to make his plate to go. They was quick to bring out that check though. Staff needs a little more training.

Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience. We have shared this with the entire operations team and ensure that we will work to correct these errors immediately. Sincerest apologies to your husband for not making his day perfect, as it should have been. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a great experience.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stopped in for a few beers on our way into Greenville last Saturday evening.
I was surprised how large (and how busy ) it was. Good , clean and open eating areas, one side formal sit down the other side, bar and High top open seating.
Menu looked very interesting with lots of different things ( Fried cauliflower, sautéed Brussels sprouts) but prices certainly were not cheap eats level.
The beer selection was very good with something for all tastes. All the ones we tried were excellent , service was prompt and attentive without being overly so.
We will definitely be back to try some eats.

Hi, Dave. Thanks for stopping in and we look forward to serving you on your next visit.