“Terrific hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Terrific hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

This hoetl was fantastictic....the staff is "customer focused" from the time you arrive until you check out.....they are committed to your total satisfaction during your stay.

Room Tip: Any room is excellent
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete the guest reveiw of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. I am happy to see that you had a good experience with us. A guest review that tells everyone we are customer focused is the greatest compliment we can get. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope we be of service again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

As a long-time Hilton Honors member, and a frequent fan of Garden Inns, I felt pretty confident as I pulled into Greenville, that this would be, at the very least, a status quo experience. Hilton is, after all, a brand with a certain reputation for quality and professionalism.

Wrong.

It was after midnight when I pulled in, brought my bag to the desk and told the friendly desk person my name. It was then that she reached down, took my folio in her hand, held it up and looked at me... staring. I paused. "Do you have my reservation?"
"Yes," she replied. Then she HANDED me the folio, inside which was no key. She couldn't even say it.
"There's no key," I said.
She said, "Sorry. We don't have any rooms available."
"Wait a minute... you just said you had my (computer confirmed) reservation."
"The computer messed up. I'm sorry sir."

Ok, these things happen. I own a company, and I stay in hotels ALL THE TIME. They'll make it right, I mean, it IS Hilton... NOPE.

"Where are you going to put me up?"
"I don't know. The other Hilton doesn't have any rooms either." Then she stifled her tears. This night was obviously not going well for her either. Though at least she had a place to stay.

n the end, I had to first beg to get a credit, really, then find my own room in Greenville. Fortunately, the nice-but-terrified lady at the Hilton Garden Inn let me use the wifi in the lobby so that I could find a different hotel. Ah, the amenities.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing/Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
I am sorry to learn of your experience with our hotel. There are times that hotels do end up oversold and walking a guest is necessary. All expenses for a relocated guest are taken care of by the hotel. We are investigating this incident to learn why a reservation was not made on your behalf but I do believe we did take care of the payment for the alternative arrangements. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you at any time to learn more about your experience. You may contact our new General Manager, Elise Romano at 864-284-0111 at any time. She will be happy to assist you. Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We regret the way you were treated and look to make amends.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Have stayed for my business trip. The location of the hotel is great, as you have lot of good restaurants at walking distance.

The rooms are cozy and comfortable. It provides a good quality sleep.

The rooms have free internet service. It serves complementary breakfast and you can always order for Chef prepared menu along. It has a restaurant attached, which serves good quality food.

The parking has lot of space.

Thanking all for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing/Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know. We value your business and your feedback. We wish you safe travels and look forward to being of service again soon.
Hampstead, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

Hotel was very nice, beds were very comfortable and very close to downtown and great shopping. Breakfast looked good but did not have time to eat before leaving. I checked in about 8:30pm and the young man at the front desk was busy on his cell and did not greet me until he was done. I felt as if I had inconvenienced him and he was kind of rude and short.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the guest review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel. I am so sorry to learn about the young man at the desk. We do have a policy in place that prohibits employees from using their cell phones while working. I appreicate you letting us know about this. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you. Thank you so much for staying with Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. We hope to be of service again in the near future.
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

Beautiful new hotel, excellent hot tub real nice. The only thing bothered me was the air freshner or detergent they use on the linen which bothered me. I would prefer not to have any smell except the natural air. Mattress is awsome and pillows and linen.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting a guest review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreicate your business and hope we can be of service again in the near future.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

New hotel, very clean, perfect location right off Woodruff Rd. Checkout however was very slow, and you can't checkout via the phone at this Hilton (even though they say you can on the bill). Cheap rates make up for this.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 18 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. We appreciate your kind words. I am sorry that your check out took so long. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to being of service again in the future.
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

I'm a Honors member and travel at least monthly, usually selecting HGI's. They offer all the normal amenities and services you expect from an HGI. But while most HGI's are pretty standard cookie cutter design, this one had the most unique, elegant, modern decor of any HGI I've stayed at. My room felt like rooms I've had at upscale Hyatts including an awesome bathroom. The staff was excellent, and kudos to the manager who includes a special letter welcoming Honors guests, waters in the room (unlike other HGIs who hand them to me when I check in so I have to juggle that and my luggage), and coupons for their onsite lounge. The property is about a year old, and is located near other restaurants and shopping, not far off of 385. It is right next door to a Homewood Suites, but HH members, stay here! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business