“Book it!!! You WON'T regret it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Greenville

Hilton Garden Inn Greenville
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Chicago, Illinois
“Book it!!! You WON'T regret it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

A few things are a MUST for me when choosing a hotel (and in this order): 1.) Clean bathroom, 2.) Clean and comfortable bed, 3.) Good bathroom ammenities 4.) Good TV and Channels 5.) Front desk service 6.) Good Hotel food. 7.) curbside appeal This place had it all. I stayed here because I my husband was in the area on business for a month and I came to visit him. I am from Chicago and have NEVER been to either of the "Carolinas" before. This place was AWESOME. The women at the front desk were welcoming and warm. I joined the HHonors club for free and started earing rewards with my stay. My inital room has a faint smell of smoke but the problem was literally fixed in 5 minutes ( I'm not exaggerating at all). I was moved to another room that was exactly the same and our stay was awesome without a hitch. I ordered food (the mushroom wrap was awesome) and the cookies at the front desk were super tastey. The bath and body works goodies was a HUGE plus for me. I don't swim in hotel pools but if I did, I would here beacuse it wasn't crowded at all. I LOVED the adjustable firmness of the bed and complimentary water and check in was super nice. Everyone was pleasant and it wasa busy college football weekend. The place seemed full but was no where near loud. It's super clean here and everytime I walked in the door someone smiled at me. I had a excellent weekend largely because the staff and this hotel was well kept and well run. I will ONLY stay here if I come back. The rate was unbelieve for the 5 star service I receieved.

PS: Our room was sort of close to the highway and I didn't realize it until I looked out the window. I don't care about the view because I'm not staying in a hotel to look out the window. It might be a "city girl" thing but it was NEVER a factor in my stay here. (I stayed Oct. 4-7th 2012). It's also in walking distance of my favorite grocery store (Whole Foods). This was a dream come true for me.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 413.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alilbitaburd
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are excited to see how much you enjoyed our hotel, staff and location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We went to Greenville this past weekend to celebrate our son's 3rd birthday at the Greenville Zoo. He LOVES hotels ("building" them, pointing them out when we drive) but had never stayed in one. So this was his first hotel experience, and he had a ball! Jazz was the woman at the front desk when we checked in, and when I told her it was our son's birthday, she gave us vouchers for a free breakfast the morning. And at breakfast they put a smiley face on his special birthday pancake:) I love the new look of the HIlton Garden Inns and this one did not disappoint: clean, modern, and feels way more expensive than it costs. Convenient to downtown without the downtown hotel prices... a great value!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you so much for spending such a special occasion with us. Happy Birthday to your son. It sounds like he may be a future Conrad Hilton. The Greenville Zoo is a great place to celebrate a 3rd Birthday too. Maybe he can tune in to the webcam to see when the new baby giraffe arrives! I am delighted to know tha Jaz and the breakfast staff made your stay memorable. Please come back and see us soon.
Chapin, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is a great place to stay and Jill at the lounge is superawesome! The food is great and the hospitality is great too! I have stayed here many times and I come back due to the great service! If you are in the area or are coming to to Greenville, I would suggest this Hilton Garden Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed even if you have to get a handicapped room!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of your recent stay with us. Our team is committed to delivering outstanding experiences to each guest, every stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you safe travels and much success.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I'm a frequent business traveler and a Hilton Honors member, which means I've stayed at a lot of Hilton properties in my past. This HGI in Greenville wins the reward for the cleanest hotel I've stayed in during my travels. When I mean clean, this hotel obviously vacuums the carpet along the walls of the rooms and the halls, because this is what I noticed immediately. No dust or particles of anything.....just a clean carpet. The elevator and the lobby floors were spotless as well. The lobby and elevator floors were spotless as well. It's apparent this hotel takes a lot of pride in their place.

Jazz and Sharon, who work at the hotel are so friendly and hospitable! Great gals!

While most HGI's are good hotels, this place had something special to set it's self apart from the many other places I call my second home. I will stay there again in the near future!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Whitney R
Thank you so much for your very kind review of your recent stay with us. Our team is committed to delivering great experiences to each guest, every stay. We value your business very much. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know. We will see you soon!
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel a few times over the past 2 years. Each time it was a good experience.
I like Hilton Garden Inn for its comfort - they have all I need for a 1-2 nights on a business trip.
Rooms were clean, spacious with comfortable bed. Free WifI internet. Well equipped business center.
Simple breakfast in the morning. Friendly staff.
Works for me. Will definetely stay there if need be to visit Greenville again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We really appreciate your loyalty and your kind words about our hotel and staff. If we can do anything for you to make your next stay even better please let us know. We wish you safe travels and success and look forward to seeing you soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband took me to Greenville for a surprise birthday trip. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. The location is great because it's off the main road and there are lots of shops and places to eat around and near the hotel. Traffic is a bit heavy across the street at the shopping plaza. Located not far from downtown Greenville. I loved visiting downtown. Lots of shops and they have a great river walk. The Hilton was like other Hilton Garden Inns. It was quiet. The room was clean however I kept smelling a slight odor. I'm assuming it may have been coming from the carpet. The hallway didn't smell, so it was just our room. The bathroom had a full glass stand up shower. Very good water pressure. The shower felt like a massage. We checked in around 8 p.m. and the air conditioner was left on in the room. The room was so cold that we had to turn the heat on to get the chill out. Over all our stay at the hotel was great. Only complaints were the smell which I think it was just our room, and loud fridge.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice maker and elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Thank you for positing a reivew of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and our town. Since Trip Advisor reviews are ananomous we are not able to go back and identify the room you stayed in. If you could please email me directly I would like to know what room you stayed in so we can investigate the smell you referenced. Thank you very much for chossing the Hilton Garden Inn as your home away from home for your birthday celebration. jrose@sycamoreinvestments.com
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I am a frequent traveler and stay at Hilton properties almost exclusively. Hilton properties offer clean, comfortable rooms in a secure environment. This hotel was no exception. Room was nice and the staff is friendly. Only drawback is the rumbling noise from the interstate highway right next door. I stayed in a room on one of the upper floors on the interstate side of the hotel. The low rumbling noise from the big trucks on the highway woke me up several times in the night. I suggest that you request a room on the front side of the hotel, away from the intersate.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front side of the hotel, away from the intersate
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see you had a good experience. Some guest do prefer to be on the front side of the hotel. We will have white noise radios available for our lighter sleepers and always do try to accomodate reqeusts for the front side.We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.