“Comfortable and valued Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Greenville

Hilton Garden Inn Greenville
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Comfortable and valued Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Have stayed for my business trip. The location of the hotel is great, as you have lot of good restaurants at walking distance.

The rooms are cozy and comfortable. It provides a good quality sleep.

The rooms have free internet service. It serves complementary breakfast and you can always order for Chef prepared menu along. It has a restaurant attached, which serves good quality food.

The parking has lot of space.

Thanking all for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing/Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know. We value your business and your feedback. We wish you safe travels and look forward to being of service again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Hampstead, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

Hotel was very nice, beds were very comfortable and very close to downtown and great shopping. Breakfast looked good but did not have time to eat before leaving. I checked in about 8:30pm and the young man at the front desk was busy on his cell and did not greet me until he was done. I felt as if I had inconvenienced him and he was kind of rude and short.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the guest review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel. I am so sorry to learn about the young man at the desk. We do have a policy in place that prohibits employees from using their cell phones while working. I appreicate you letting us know about this. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you. Thank you so much for staying with Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. We hope to be of service again in the near future.
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

Beautiful new hotel, excellent hot tub real nice. The only thing bothered me was the air freshner or detergent they use on the linen which bothered me. I would prefer not to have any smell except the natural air. Mattress is awsome and pillows and linen.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting a guest review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreicate your business and hope we can be of service again in the near future.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

New hotel, very clean, perfect location right off Woodruff Rd. Checkout however was very slow, and you can't checkout via the phone at this Hilton (even though they say you can on the bill). Cheap rates make up for this.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 18 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. We appreciate your kind words. I am sorry that your check out took so long. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to being of service again in the future.
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

I'm a Honors member and travel at least monthly, usually selecting HGI's. They offer all the normal amenities and services you expect from an HGI. But while most HGI's are pretty standard cookie cutter design, this one had the most unique, elegant, modern decor of any HGI I've stayed at. My room felt like rooms I've had at upscale Hyatts including an awesome bathroom. The staff was excellent, and kudos to the manager who includes a special letter welcoming Honors guests, waters in the room (unlike other HGIs who hand them to me when I check in so I have to juggle that and my luggage), and coupons for their onsite lounge. The property is about a year old, and is located near other restaurants and shopping, not far off of 385. It is right next door to a Homewood Suites, but HH members, stay here! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I came to HGI with the Southeast Regional baseball team from Mechanicsville Va. We were in the facility with regular guests and 3 other 14yr old teams. I can't remember when I have stayed in a hotel where we were treated so well. The entire staff was pleasent and the Housekeeping staff were especially nice and patient as they worked around our late night and late rise schedule. Chef Shawne was the bomb!! he helped us keep around 40 people fed at all hours of the day and night. The food was good and affordable. Have you tried to keep 14 yr old boys fed lately, not an easy task. Our stay was very pleasent and rewarding. Thanks to all who contributed to this wonderful experience. True Southern Hospitality.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 12 August 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. And congratulations to you and your team on your SE Regional Junior League Championship. You have many new fans and we will be cheering you on through the Junior League World Series.

Our company is committed to making traveling sports teams feel like they always have a home filed advantage. From helping the teams look good by providing uniform laundry service to feeding the teams late a night, we want to do our part to help teams in their pursuit of a WIN.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

The room was beautiful, the front desk was efficient, the overall physical plant was well kept but...We had not checked in until after midnight and were really looking to just sleeping in the next morning. Check out was not until 12 and the bed was sooo cushy we were looking forward to not waking up for a really long time. Not to be. At 8 AM there came a loud ping, ping, ping on our door like someone was tapping with a key. As it turned out the maid was tapping with the credit card style key card. When we did not respond immediately, she proceeded to open the door. Luckily we had the security lock on the door so she could only open it a couple of inches. As soon as she realized we were still there, she apologized and closed the door. Now we were wide awake and listening to her proceed down the hall, tapping on each door, attempting the same thing.
We confronted her and asked her why she had done that and she told us we should have put our "do not disturb" sign on the door.
Later as we checked out we asked again about this gaff by the housekeeping department and they too asked us why we had not put the sign on the door. Would it have been less disturbing to just have a list of empty rooms instead of waking guests to find out if they could enter to clean? If they had to knock was there not a hint of doubt about the guests still being there? If there was even a shred of suspicion that someone was still there, shouldn't the housekeeper have checked to make sure the guests had indeed checked out? If they will not change their procedure and insist that knocking and risk waking guests is their policy, should they not warn you at check in to make sure and put the do not disturb sign on the door?
It is sad that a hotel can have almost everything right and then blow it on a small procedural item like that. Oh well, at least we had booked on Price Line.Com, and had gotten a fantastic rate. Just too bad we did not get to enjoy that comfy bed any longer than we did.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. I am sorry to hear that your plans of sleeping in were interrupted by our housekeeping department. You are absolutely correct, the appropriate procedure is to verify check outs before knocking on doors early in the morning. We have reviewed your comments with our team to ensure that corrective steps are taken to prevent this from happening in the future. Guest feedback allows us to take immediate corrective action. We really appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. I hope you will give us a second chance when you return to Greenville. If I can be of any assistance please let me know. You can reach me directly via email at jrose@sycamoreinvestments.com or in my office at 864-679-0508.