“The perfect place to stay and tour the downtown.”

Courtyard Greenville Downtown
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morganton, North Carolina
“The perfect place to stay and tour the downtown.”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Greenville SC is my new favorite downtown. And the Marriott Downtown made it a perfect trip. We parked the car on arrival and walked the entire weekend. The hotel is very modern in decor and style. ALL staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful during our stay. We were upgraded to a suite and it was fabulous. I highly recommend it. The courtyard was breathtaking with it's waterfall and lawn. We would have stayed out there forever if it wasnt so windy that day. Hotel is in the center of activity in downtown, yet the way the courtyard and hotel were landscaped, it was so quite and peaceful. It was very well designed, so you didn't hear the noise of the city. I've already planned a "girls weekend" and we are staying in the same place. I dont want to try any other hotels.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lawton29
AGMcourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 1 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others through Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so proud of our location in the heart of Downtown Greenville, and I am happy that you had the opportunity to explore our city during your stay. Thank you for recommending us to others, and we look forward to having you back again soon. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in planning your girls weekend!

Joyelle Lew
Guest Service Manager
864-451-5703

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Recently stayed for a friend’s wedding. The hotel was very accommodating to my family and I. The room we had was a King suite with pull out sofa. I wouldn't recommend the sleeper sofa for 2 adults but perfect for the kiddies. The suite was roomy and large, enough space for my little girl to feel at home. Hotel is within walking distance to keep you and your family entertained for days!! Great location, good service, lots to do!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Fayetteville, GA- outside of Atlanta
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I just got back from a weekend stay at this hotel with my friend for a gals' weekend. The hotel was in a fantastic location to all the great restaurants/activities downtown. The bed was amazingly comfortable! 4 nights in and it was still comfortable.

The room came with a great refrigerator (that wasn't listed on the website).

The lobby/meeting area was very well appointed and up-to-date.

The housekeeping staff were always extra friendly.

There was a very nice courtyard to eat our breakfast, which we purchased on site.

The only drawbacks:
-though the shower was big, and relatively comfortable, the water pressure could've been a little stronger.
-the high-speed internet, though fast, was unsecured.
-there wasn't a good comprehensive guide for local attractions/restaurants (menus)
-there was no pay-per-view movie available for our rainy saturday afternoon.

We are already planning on staying here again next year.
I was able to cash in my husband's loyalty points for our stay, but we did pay for one night. we would definitely find it worth it to pay again.

next time, we'll use the fitness center!

Greenville itself is a fantastic getaway destination for a gals' weekend!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Lawrenceville, GA
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I met colleagues and a customer at this Hotel. It was the classiest Courtyard that I have ever seen. The hotel is right in the center of town across the street from the Peace Center, a concert and entertainment venue. The room was classy and very comfortable and clean.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Very nice hotel - clean and simple lobby with nice touches *interactive wall map, free coffee, etc), and nice rooms. The hotel seems new - and is at the end of Main Street... a block from Falls Park... a perfect location.

Staff was friendly and attentive. Nice fitness room, open 24 hours. Free WiFi. Parking is attached (for $8 per day) or you can park on the street. The restaurant (Nantucket Seafood) is attached to the lobby and is a good place with a nice vibrant upscale bar. All in all - recommended for a convenient and hassle free stay in Greenville.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for business a couple of times. This past visit was for business and leisure as I was able to bring my wife along for this trip. We absolutely loved our 6th floor room overlooking the actual grass courtyard and downtown Greenville. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I am a MR member - Platinum level - and I know my Marriott hotels. This one ranks in my top five favorites. The only downside is the "pay for parking" and the lack of a dedicated restaurant for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
AGMcourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We are one of the new Courtyard properties that feature the refreshing business lobby. Part of that new concept is the Bistro. The Bistro is located in our lobby and serves breakfast for our guests. The Bistro is designed to have an option for every type of guest. Guests can order anything from a quick bakery item to a full cooked to order hot breakfast. If you did not get to experience this during your stay, we hope you have a chance to upon your return. Thank you again for your feedback, without it we cannot improve!

Stephanie Mitchell
Assistant General Manager
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Great location, can walk any where downtown, plenty of food and drinks! Only problem I had is they ruined 3 of my dress shirts, looked like they were ironed with a car tire, but a nice hotel

• Stayed October 2010
AGMcourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location in the heart of downtown Greenville. I was also excited to read that you were able to sample some of our city's food and drink offerings. I appreciate your feedback regarding our laundry service as well. It is through reviews such as this that we are able to continuously improve. If I can help resolve the problem any further please contact the hotel directly. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Stephanie Mitchell