“The place to stay in Greenville”

Courtyard Greenville Downtown
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dothan, Alabama
“The place to stay in Greenville”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great location directly across the street from the Peace Center (Greenville Symphony Orchestra).
Joseph Blasco, Guest Service Representative, greeted us with a smiling face and a warm welcome. We opted for self parking since we where planning to eat on property and then go to the symphony. The room easily meet our expectations. Our first experience with Nantucket Grill was outstanding. Sunday morning, with directions from Joseph, we took off for the Rabbit trail, which runs along the Reedy river, another wonderful experience. All of this in Downtown Greenville!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Carl C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor! We are so fortunate to be in such a central location in Downtown Greenville, mere steps away from the Peace Center, Falls Park, and dozens of truly fantastic shops and restaurants. I'm glad to see that you got to experience the Greenville Symphony Orchestra, Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood Grill, and the Swamp Rabbit Trail all in one visit! You made wonderful choices! The Greenville Symphony Orchestra puts on wonderful performances and Nantucket is one of the best restaurants in Downtown. The Swamp Rabbit Trail is one of Greenville's gems, and a veritable must-see for our visiting walkers, joggers, and cyclists. As a Marriott brand property, we strive to provide exceptional customer service, and I am so glad to hear that Joseph left you with such a lasting impression. I will certainly pass along your compliments. Thank you again for your review, and I hope we will see you again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance with your future reservations.

864-451-5703

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Greenville sc
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We spent four nights recently at this hotel to attend a wedding. The Hotel met our expectations for cleanliness and quality. The outstanding feature was the caring staff at the front desk that was always there to anticipate our needs and answer our questions. Every time we entered the lobby one particular young lady, Shelby Hill, was always there with a welcoming smile and helping hand.For us, Shelby personified the warm and welcoming spirit we found throughout Greenville, S. C.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jared B,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I know how exciting (and sometimes hectic!) wedding weekends can be, and I'm glad we were able to assist in a smooth and enjoyable weekend for you. We take great pride in our staff and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Shelby- she is a wonderful asset to our team! I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and, of course, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. Thank you again!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

It would be hard to list all of the excellent things about my stay at this Courtyard Marriott. The check in was pleasant, the staff was knowledgeable, and the room was very neat and clean. It was a business trip and my group elected to have dinner in the hotel restaurant, which had what I would describe as at least 4 1/2 star food and 5 start service. This is my new favorite hotel in Greenville.

Thomas P

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Thomas P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and am flattered by your enthusiasm! We really do have a wonderful, genuinely caring team and superb housekeeping and maintenance staff, and I will be sure to pass along your kind compliments. I'm glad you also had the chance to experience Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood Grill! While Nantucket is independent from the hotel, we are fortunate to share such a convenient space with such a quality restaurant- one of the finest in downtown. We certainly appreciate your feedback and, should your travels bring you back to us, I would be happy to personally assist you with reservations.

Viera, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because I am a Platinum Premier member of Marriott. When we checked in I asked if an upgrade was available. "No" was the answer. Just "no" without even looking. Ok, I asked if a king bed was available. Same answer. Then he said they have a king but it is a handicap room with roll in shower. I said ok thinking that wasn't a big deal. The bathroom had a roll in shower but instead of having a curtain that reached the floor, it had a short curtain and the bathroom floor sloped toward a drain in the center of the room. The bathroom also had a musty smell and the floor was slick. Reminded me of a dorm room shower. So the next day I went by the front desk and asked again if anything else was available. A woman told me all she had was an extended king room and my rate didn't allow me to upgrade. I politely corrected her and told her my status GUARANTEES me an upgrade if its available. She said she would arrange it and call me. I went up and waited 30 minutes...nothing. So I called her and she said she was working on it. We finally moved 20 minutes later. The new room was great. I noticed every interaction with the front desk was met with dismissive answers, blank stares or ignoring me until I said excuse me. When we checked out I hadn't received a bill and when he gave it to me the room charge wasn't on it. I pointed it out and he just stared at me....then stared at the bill....then stared at me again. Then another staffer came over and bailed us out. I think this team isn't trained very well in customer service, and they don't look at their screen to see who they are talking to before brushing them off. I stay about 200 nights per year in Marriotts and am used to better service. This us not a cheap hotel, but they are running it like one.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike W
Dear Mike W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I know how valuable your time is and how important a comfortable stay is for someone who travels as often as one of our Platinum Premier members. We value your loyalty and your feedback very highly and I was disappointed to read that you didn't feel as appreciated as you certainly should. The concerns you've raised here have been addressed with our staff, and I thank you for bringing them to our attention. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your upgraded room and would love to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance and I hope we have the chance to better serve you in the future.

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This courtyard is new and stylish. Very clean and comfortable. Plenty of excellent nightlife and restaurants nearby. The river walk is a great feature - yeah Greenville! Convenient parking that wasn't too expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ge0rgiaPil0t,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are extremely fortunate to be located in such a prime spot in Greenville's beautiful downtown area and take great pride in our excellent facilities and staff. I hope you have the opportunity to visit with us again! Again, thank you very much for your review, and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Paris, France
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Greenville Downtown Marriott in July 2013. The location is great! It is just down the way from the beautiful river that runs through Greenville, as well as around the corner from what I found to be a very cute small town America Main Street! There are great little stores you can pop into and wonderful restaurants to enjoy in Greenville!

If you are active, there is also the ability to rent a bike and take a little ride (relatively flat) on the famous Rabbit Trail which is a nice, tree lined trail leading out of town.

The Marriott rooms were standard and looked like many of the other Marriott rooms you would find elsewhere - nothing too special, but comfortable and well-appointed. The real catch to this hotel is the location. If you are looking for central, this is it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AdventureSeeker75
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear AdventureSeeker75,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Greenville. We are quite proud of our city and consider ourselves fortunate to be right in the heart of it. Greenville is getting more and more recognition for its quality, growing restaurant scene, and we can't rave about it enough! The Swamp Rabbit Trail is a gem, as well- I'm glad you got the chance to experience it for yourself! Thank you again for reviewing, and if I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelburne, Vermont
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were excited to stay in this hotel because of its great location downtown, however upon entering our room we smelled a strong musty odor. This got worse during the night as the air conditioning came on. We asked for a different room for the second night and were told it would be no problem, so we had them hold our bags until we returned later that afternoon. When we returned the same desk clerk said he had a room for us and it was the same room! There were no other rooms available then either! He said it as if we would be pleased, but we were less than happy about it. Upon entering the room this time it did not smell as badly so maybe the unit was cleaned, but we were irritated that we had packed up our bags for nothing. We also had trouble getting out of the parking garage every time, the tickets and card they gave us never worked. We were disappointed in this stay as the location was perfect, but the rooms and parking issues ruined it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lsm1004
Dear lsm1004,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I apologize that your stay with us was disappointing and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We strive for exceptional customer service and a frustration-free stay, and I assure you that these issues will be addressed departmentally. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Downtown, and, should your travels bring you back to Greenville, I would be happy to personally assist you with reservations. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your experience further or if I can assist you in any way in the future.