“Wonderful Anniversary Weekend!”

Courtyard Greenville Downtown
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I travel to Greenville, SC at least 3 times a year to visit our son, This was our first time at the Courtyard Marriot and we had a wonderful weekend. The hotel is very impressive and we had no issues with check in, parking, noise or a clean room. The location is ideal and you can walk very easily to any downtown location. We enjoyed Rick Irwins Seafood resturant which is located in the hotel. The food and service were excellent! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who comes to Greenville, SC. We will continue to use this hotel for our future visits.

Room Tip: Starbuck Coffee is a plus!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear j-Lee-O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. And thank you for choosing us for such a special weekend! I am so pleased to see that we were able to provide you with a relaxed, enjoyable stay. Rick Erwin’s Nantucket is also a fabulous choice- I’m glad you enjoyed it! I hope we do have the opportunity to host your next visit to Greenville, and if I can be of any assistance in the future please let me know. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Fantastic hotel! Great lobby area, very generous-sized room, and very clean. very friendly front desk staff. Right in the middle of downtown Greenville, walking distance to everything. Will definitely stay here again on next trip to Greenville.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear thomasgmay,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do strive to be “fantastic” in every aspect, and I am so happy to hear that you found your time here to be both comfortable and enjoyable. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with reservations for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you like to take in the surrounding area, there are many great restaurants and shops within walking distance. The attached restaurant is also wonderful and offers seating outside looking on the grassy courtyard. Just lovely!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Gayle S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I’m glad you enjoyed your time in Downtown! There really is so much to enjoy so close to our property- I’m glad you had the chance to explore! I was happy to see that you enjoyed Rick Erwin’s Nantucket and our Village Green space, as well. If you come back this way in the wintertime, the courtyard space also happens to be the spot for Ice on Main, the downtown ice skating rink, offering entertainment for skaters and people-watchers alike! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Pleasantly surprised with the attractive and comfortable rooms, lobby and dining areas. All staff were helpful, friendly and courteous. Fitness area, clean and with great equipment. Within walking distance of many restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear BurkeVirginia,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We were fortunate to be built in such a fantastic location, right in the middle of beautiful Downtown. As a “Refreshing Business” model Courtyard, the comfort and convenience of our rooms and lobby are the highlights of the updated concept. And, of course, our focus on exceptional guest service is always at the forefront. Our location, our design, and our staff are some of the top qualities of our property- and I’m glad to hear they left you “pleasantly surprised”! We hope to see you again soon! If I can be of any assistance in the future, please let me know!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We held our annual Fall Conference here, and overall it was a great experience! From when I drove up and Ryan offered to help us unload our massive amount of items, to when I was checking out and Augusta made sure I was booked as a late checkout so I could have plenty of time to pack up, we had a wonderful experience. First of all, Linsey L. in their sales department is fabulous. Every time I came to her with an issue, either prior to conference or during, she was there to solve it and quickly too. Ryan, at the valet stand, and Bryant, one of the guys working with the desk staff, were both quick to help us unload, even when I had some college volunteers bringing items by, and the guys had to have known that these girls could not afford to give them tips. They still lugged a number of heavy items to the rooms to help us set up. (I did make sure to give them money when I was checking out - but they helped us on Thursday and I checked out on Sunday, so they had no reason to think a tip was forthcoming - and yet were still diligent and attentive). Lauren, Augusta, Shelby and Garrett at the front desk were also extremely helpful. From helping print forms I needed for the conference, to accommodating every question or issue I had throughout the course of the conference, they did it quickly and efficiently, and always with a smile and great attitude. It even got to the point where I asked Shelby and Garrett to razz my husband when he was checking in for the Awards Gala and they did so gladly :) Even the restaurant staff was helpful. I had to man the registration desk during the lunch event and Pierce, one of the restaurant servers, without even being asked, brought me out a drink and all of the lunch courses one by one, so that I could enjoy my lunch like everyone else.

I honestly could not have asked for a better experience with having our conference here. With all of the potential issues that can occur throughout hosting a big event, and all the stressors that can arise, all of the staff that I worked with made sure my job went smoothly in running the conference. We would definitely host our conference here again!

The ONLY reason I did not give this a 5 star rating was because our room smelled a little weird from (what I assume) is the cleaning products they used. I have a pregnant woman's sense of smell (though I'm not with child) so I pick up on smells really easily. It wasn't a BAD smell - just weird. So that took it down 1 star. Other than that one minor thing though, everything else was amazing :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Amanda O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Greenville and that your conference went smoothly. I say it often, and I will say it again- our team really is top-notch, and I am so glad we could help make your conference a stress-free success! Fantastic service is our main focus, and it is always delightful to hear great feedback like this; you can be sure I will pass along your compliments to those mentioned. So, thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, and thank you again for staying! We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is a first class operation in every way and perfect location for visiting this amazing little town. There are so many great little shops and restaurants within a short walk. The mast general Store is not to be missed either. Overall the town has really been able to build a feeling of quaint ambience that is more and more rare these days.

Room Tip: Take time to walk around downtown and enjoy the shops and restaurants and don't miss the walk by...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear travelingbart,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and got the chance to explore Downtown Greenville. Our Downtown has been beautifully revived, and is constantly growing. There are over 80 restaurants within walking distance of our hotel, alongside concert venues, boutiques, galleries, theatres, museums, salons, … the list goes on! The Mast General Store is so much fun and definitely at the top of our list as a must-see and a shopping destination- I’m glad you had the chance to visit! If I can be of any assistance at all in the future, please feel free to contact me. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Desk staff is usually not visually present and are not very friendly - helpful when there but only because it is their job. Watched a guest wait 6 minutes for someone to come out from the back office during normal evening check in time. I was still unloading the car so when it was my turn to check-in I had to wait equally long for that guest to be finished.

Gave up ordering breakfast at Bistro - slow and inefficient service. Each prior order had to be fulfilled before a juice could be rung up for the next guest. BISTRO not open in evening because of adjacent over priced restaurant - no compete clause. Lots of good nearby restaurants but not if you are in a hurry to finish up work.

This location has nice updated rooms but you hear all the city sounds in the room.
I prefer the older style Courtyard at Haywood -less expensive and no parking fees.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Jim-Bob-98,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative, as this is the only way we can hope to adapt and continue to meet our guests’ ever-changing needs!

I apologize for the delay you experienced at check-in and at the Bistro, thank you for bringing your experience to our attention, and assure you that these issues will be addressed departmentally. We pride ourselves on efficient and exceptional customer service, and anything less is unacceptable. Our property is indeed unique in that our Bistro is only open for Breakfast, however, we do offer fruit, sandwich, and salad options in our 24/7 Market that are provided daily by a fantastic local deli if you are in need of a quick meal. There are also several breakfast, lunch, and dinner options in the immediate area that provide vastly different atmospheres and speeds of service. Several will even deliver directly to the hotel!

The next time your travels bring you through Downtown Greenville, I would be happy to assist you with restaurant recommendations, and assure you a quieter room.