“After wedding night”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Clemson, South Carolina
“After wedding night”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My daughter's wedding reception was held in downtown Greenville, and the wedding party with guests stayed at the Courtyard. Throughout the entire process of reserving the correct rooms, helping with late night arrival, and transportation suggestions for winter night, Daniel and his team were fantastic. I would highly recommend using this motel for important dates when you can't be there to supervise or just need people to do what they say. Super staff

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank coffee212014
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear coffee212014,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for allowing us to be part of such a special occasion! I am so happy to see that you and your guests enjoyed your time Downtown and that we were able to assist you with a stress-free wedding weekend. I will be delighted to pass along your kind compliments to Daniel and the rest of our staff.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future.

864-451-5703

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have never stayed at this property before but since they offered a great price for the Greenville area and we were attending a play at the Peace center, just across the street, we thought we would give it a go. The property did not disappoint. A few minor glitches in the room were handled very promptly and we were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and property as well as the quietness of the room.

Green Features: They were very green conscious and we totally appreciated this approach.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Diane V,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! Thank you for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed the show! I apologize for the “minor glitches” you mentioned, but am glad to see that we were able to resolve those efficiently for you. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Remember- the Peace Center has more great performances remaining in this season, including Flashdance, The Phantom of the Opera, and Evita!

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

great venue downtown Greenville. great service, room high comfortable and well equipped gym. open 24h.
breakfast no at buffet but on order... good food but it takes time...that's the only negative feature.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Maurizio A,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your room, our staff, and our fitness center! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your breakfast as well! While we do not offer a buffet breakfast option, our Bistro features Starbucks coffee, made-to-order items, as well as grab-and-go options like bagels and parfaits. As a made-to-order format, there can be a bit of delay as your food is prepared, but we believe the quality is worth it- I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you again for your time. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me! We hope to see you again soon.

Rugby, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The front desk was helpful and very accommodating. They acted like they wanted me to be 100% satisfied with my business stay. They were knowledgeable about the area and made good recommendations. It is close to some great restaurants within walking distance.

Dear Mike H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service all the time and I am so happy to see that our Front Desk staff took such great care of you! I’m glad you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the local fare, as well- Downtown Greenville is home to some exceptional dining choices.

I hope we will see you again! If I can be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me. Thank you, again, for your time.

New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Everything is brand new and the rooms are spacious. The staff was extremely helpful with everything I needed. It's a great place to stay for business travel too. The desk pulls out and gives you a lot of space to work with. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear jackn123,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We love our business travelers and know how important comfort and convenience are for those who work hard and travel often. I am delighted to see that both your room and our staff provided you with everything you needed for a comfortable, pleasant stay. We hope to see you again soon! If I can be of any assistance with reservations in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I am a frequent traveller and stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties - hold a sliver status. I am typically a big fan of Marriott properties but this location does not meet the high standards I have come to know with Marriott. It is a beautiful building with modern yet comfortable decor. I arrived for my stay after midnight. When I got to my room the temperature was a little cold but I did not pay it mind; however as the night got colder, I found it hard to sleep and turned on the heat. The unit was blowing cold air. I called the front desk and the individual was not very accommodating and walked me through a number of steps with the thermostat, all of which did not work - suggested to me that it needed time. IT WAS FREEZING! FInally he suggested I move to another room at 2:30AM. I had to pack up my stuff and move and the room I moved to was marginally warmer(thermostat set in 70) and in fact I had to utilize the comforter from the adjoining bed and sleep in my sweatshirt. Mind you, I did not get up bed until well after 3:00AM and had to wake up at 6:30AM for a breakfast meeting. For all of this trouble the staff offered a free breakfast (and later a free coffee) both of which I declined as I had an offsite breakfast meeting. VERY DISAPPOINTED - both with the non-functioning HVAC as well as the staff's handing of the situation and their offers of remediation.

Room Tip: Check the HVAC system when you get to the room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Mohamed E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am glad to see that you were pleased with our building and décor, and share your disappointment regarding your experience. As a Marriott property, we hold ourselves to an extremely high standard for service, especially where our Rewards members are concerned. The HVAC unit issue you experienced has been submitted to our maintenance staff, and I apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay with us in the hope that I may be able to offer a more satisfactory solution. Please feel free to contact me via phone or email at 864-451-5703 or s.sullivan@hospitalityamerica.com. I look forward to speaking with you and hope that we might have another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Thank you, again, for your time and your feedback!

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very attractive. The room was spacious. The décor was new and modern. The room was clean. The bathroom was large and the shower was great. The only disappointing aspect was that there was no complementary breakfast. Even elite level members to not get breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear 2travelforever,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a newer property built in the updated Courtyard design, we take great pride in our facilities and I am delighted to see that you found your room pleasing and comfortable. Our Bistro is open for breakfast, featuring made-to-order items and Starbucks coffee, and is a Courtyard brand standard we must adhere to; however, I do apologize if the lack of complimentary breakfast took you by surprise. I hope we have the opportunity to host your next visit to Greenville! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future. Thank you, again!