“Business travel”

Courtyard Greenville Downtown
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel is located at a very central place in Greenville.
Close to restaurants, Base ball stadium, swap rabit trail for running, bike rental, park, river and waterfall !
Service is very good and people are helpful, they helped me to hem a new pant in 1 day at a very reasonable price.
Only concern is that there is no swimming pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mcouprie
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear mcouprie,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. While we do not have a swimming pool, we do have an agreement with a local YMCA that does have a pool that our guests are able to use free of charge when they show their room key. I am sorry that we did not make you aware of that when you checked-in.

Thanks again for your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Greenville Downtown

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The good: Location of the hotel is perfect, right across the street from the Peace Center and at the end of the main street of Greenville. Room was nice with updated features. The hotel restaurant was very nice (we had drinks there after the show) in the new lobby. Free wifi and Starbucks coffee in the room.

The bad: Nothing was bad, although $10 parking wasn't great (on top of the high room rate).

I would recommend staying here, and when I go back to see a show at the Peace Center, I will stay here!

2  Thank utchampions

Dear utchampions,

Thank you for your review. We greatly value you as a customer and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I reserved 3 rooms for my family for my wedding. When I first called, I was informed that due to a special I could only pay for one room, but the other 2 rooms I would pay at check in. The day my family was suppose to check in, I went to the hotel to pay for the other 2 rooms. I was informed I could do not do that! Really? I can't pay for my families hotel rooms?? Then, I was told I would have to fill out a 3rd party form. I explained to them for that one of the rooms had already been paid for, and that I was staying in one of the rooms. The lady working at the front desk said that is what her manager said to do. Since I was running late to meet my family at the wedding venue, I finally said ok. She gave me a form where I had to write down my credit card information and they had to have a copy of my license number. I explained I was not comfortable writing my credit card information of a sheet of my paper that will go in a notebook that is available to all their employees, but she seemed not to care and told me that's what her manager told her to do, and told me she was just doing her job. I told her that was fine, but I would be writing this review. Then, when my family finally checked in they couldn't get the names right and kept telling my dad that he was already checked in. I had to explain that one of my brothers were checked in, not my dad.
Overall, the hotel was clean (parking garage is very tight), but for the cost, the value simply was not there. Simply based on the fact they couldn't figure out a way for me to pay for the rooms without having to write my credit card number on a sheet of paper, alone with my driver's license, I would not recommend this hotel. Had it not been for my wedding, and that one room had already been paid for, I would have taken my business elsewhere. Even though the manager was there he/she never apologized or even acknowledged that I was upset.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Paula K
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Paula K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and bring this situation to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the way things were handled at check-in. I can certainly understand how frustrated you were, especially on such an important weekend.

If you would, please contact me at your convenience so we can further discuss this situation. I would like to hear more about the incident and personally apologize. My contact information is below.

Thank you again for communcating with us. I hope to hear from you shortly.

Glen C. Wiliams

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is fabulous. Great downtown location. Unbelievably friendly staff. The rooms are fabulous, especially the shower.
My only knock is the lack of a pool.
The hotel seemed pricey at first, but not really out of line with the other area hotels, and the $10.00 parking is a bargain considering the location.

1  Thank JDFUNC
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear JDFUNC,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here coming back from a ski trip. The hotel is clean and in a great location downtown. Parking was next door in a garage. The room was decent sized, typical for a Courtyard hotel. I just stayed overnight, I did not use any of the amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Scotus,

Thank you for posting a review for the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. We appreciate your business and your feedback is extremely valuable. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us longer on your next trip to Greenville so you can enjoy the many restaurants and activities that our city has to offer. Please do not hestitate to contat me if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I went to see Martina at the Peace Center and decided after the show not to drive home. They checked us in asap so we could get back out on Main Street. Great Service and great room and rate. Will do it again!

Dear Jim123fl,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Greenville and truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance. We hope you return soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Very hospitable front desk folks, super room, excellent Rick Erwin's restaurant on the property. Not much more to ask for. It's pricy, but you're centrally located in a nice walking area. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: June 2014
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Time4Dinner,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. We are very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.