“$3.50 for an Orange Juice-Seriously?”
Review of MaryBeth's

MaryBeth's
Ranked #114 of 940 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGIH_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=mary+beth+'s&fb=1&gl=us&hq=mary+beth+'s&cid=7196699532275495301
Reviewed 22 June 2014

It wasn't horrible, my eggs were correctly cooked as soft scrambled with cheddar. However, they incorrectly listed "home fries" on the breakfast menu which should universally signify diced potatoes. These were clearly "hash browns" and they were under-cooked and bland. I ordered an orange juice, and nearly fell out of my chair when the bill indicated it was $3.50. About 8 ounces. Seriously? On the plus side, the folks were friendly, and the host even brought me a Sunday paper to read while waiting on our order. Nice touch.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I took my family, who were visiting from out of state, here for breakfast on a weekday thinking the service would be better during an off peak time (per reviews I've read about Mary Beth's). Well, business was slow and I can see why. Uninspired food and atrocious customer service. The food was pretty bad and had zero flavor. If you're looking for extremely bland food and a limited menu, this is your place. Our waitress acted annoyed with our table, which only consisted of four people. Maybe our waitress was having an off day, but her attitude could not have been worse and she all but rolled her eyes when asked for condiments (to help spice up the food). Do not waste your time or money, I promise it's not worth it.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had lunch at Mary Beth's last week with a friend. Maybe breakfast is better, we had lunch and it was VERY average. We each had a sandwich and side salad. I had the chicken salad and my friend had the apple, brie sandwich. Not impressed with either one. Prices are quite high for the amount and quality of food as well. Wait staff was nice and management was friendly. However, we won't be dining there again.

1  Thank scmama
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We love this place for a great breakfast served by a friendly staff and an inviting environment where you can sit and eat within your own quite space or 'chat it up' with those around you. I love their Buttermilk Pancakes with scrambled eggs and sweet ham...my wife particularly likes the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, yes, Lemon Ricotta...also make sure you get a home made biscuit and if biscuits aren't your thing, make sure you try their apricot preserve on a piece of freshly toasted bread. We haven't made it for lunch or dinner yet, but I'm sure we'll give it a try and if it's anything like breakfast we'll walk away with smiles on our faces.

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Mary Beth's was a disappointment. The ambience is fine for an upscale restaurant and we had great seats by a long window right at the street so our view was good. The service was also very good and the manager friendly. Unfortunately, our food was only so-so and for a pricey restaurant, "so-so" is not good enough. They definitely need a new cook, one who knows what an over medium fried egg is, who knows how to cook bacon, and who knows that balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing should be a liquid, not a paste. A better breakfast can be had at the Waffle House at half the price.

1  Thank jhenry4110