“Terrible Brunch Experience ”
Review of The Green Room - CLOSED

The Green Room
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Gastropub, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Coffee and E. North
Transit: The Main Street Trolley runs right past the restaurant.
Description: The Green Room was opened to satisfy those who would like to go for out for a great evening that will include all of the following attributes, Exquisitely Created Menu Items (everything is made from scratch inside The Green Room), Fine Dining Service, Casual Intimate Atmosphere, and Expertly made drinks from Experienced Bartenders. When you join us @ The Green Room we want you to be able to come not for just a meal, but your evening!
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Long wait for table even when booths were available. Long wait for drinks and food. Everyone's food was cold. Poached eggs on Benedict was over cooked. Would not recommend. Second time I have had a bad experience here.

1  Thank Soren V

Reviewed 25 April 2017

After walking around Greenville shopping it was time to pick a spot for dinner. This restaurant has great curb appeal so we went in without a reservation. We were seated at a cute little table right by the front window (at our request). As we began to order two glasses of wine the waiter pointed out that bottle of the same were on special, and would cost less than two glasses. Of course we only had to think 10 seconds to order the bottle. The food was served in a very timely manner . I had the seafood pasta that was a very generous portion and delicious with mussels and scallops. My daughter had a beet salad that was very nicely presented. She enjoyed it completely. When our dinner was done and our bottle was not empty, the waiter corked and bagged it to go! So sweet!! Beautiful decor. Friendly but not overbearing service. Positive experience all around

Reviewed 22 April 2017

The ambiance is fine, with paintings and decor that initially attracted us. My husband ordered a BLT on wheat and his food was fine. I ordered she crab soup that had to be sent back, as it was cold.

It came back hot, but was more like a bisque than she crab, and needed salt and pepper to make it interesting. When I asked to take it home, the waiter initially said there was no way to do it, but I mentioned a take-out cup, and he put it in one to go for me. (There was only a tiny bit in the cup, so the bowl either didn't hold much soup at all, or he lost some of it in the kitchen.)

My Caesar salad had a good bit of parmesan on it, but lacked much taste. There was a minimum of dressing, and it did not apparently have any anchovies to add spark to the mix. I had fried shrimp on top, which could have been fine, but without enough dressing, a tiny bit bland, too.

So - go for the mimosas and BLTs. I don't recommend the she-crab soup or the Caesar salad.

1  Thank erdmakje
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Great place and service, we tried pretty much each starter and were all fantastic, the service was excellent too, can't rate highly enough

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We walked here from Greenville Glides and had a delicious lunch. The guys had the famous meatloaf and gals had the beet salad. I expected more beets and less greens, but it was delicious with lots of candied nuts.