“They're Back!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“They're Back!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

After a too long hiatus, Schwaben House has opened in their new location on Lauren's Road. The atmosphere is still charming and intimate. The food is indescribably delicious and the service is stellar! Kudos to Annette and staff. Welcome back!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Runaway76

Easley, South Carolina
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We have been waiting for awhile for the new location to open. We were not disappointed. We had a wonderful dinner. The decor was nice and the bar area was beautiful. The atmosphere was great with enough privacy for an intimate dinner. Our server was very informative and told us about the items that were not on the menu. I had the sea bass and it was prepared to perfection. My wife had the steak. Hers was equally good. Finished off with a delicious piece of German style cheesecake. A very nice relaxed evening that reminded me of our meals in Munich when we were not hurried at all by the wait staff. This is as good as it gets. Already looking forward to our next visit.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Bill R
Greenville, South Carolina
“Perhaps the best in all of Greenville”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After months of waiting, this jewel of a restaurant finally re-opened. What they have done with the place is just fantastic. It is even cozier, warmer, and just better than before...and I had loved their old location. You have to see the new bar - it is a thing of beauty.

The food is what I expected - perfection. The appetizer was a simple little pickled wurst salad, and the flavors prepared my taste buds for the rest of the evening. For my main course, I had the sea-bass dish and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Sea-bass is a delicate flavored fish and Chef Robert nailed it. For dessert, his strawberry mousse topped it all off. It was light, and tasted as though you had just bitten into a strawberry, without the seeds, yet creamy.

They have expanded their wine and beer list AND now have some awesome beers on tap.

I had the chance to talk with the owners and they have some pretty exciting ideas coming up. I won't give away anything here - but if you want to experience more original European food, keep coming back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dallas-0-Dallas
“Unbelivable real German cuisine”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I visit the Schwaben House the first time. And they told me they just moved and reopened there resturant. They did a awesome job with remodeling that place.
It's warm, beautifull and everything screams "welcome" right in your face.
And the food is like it is in Germany!
... greate taste, beautifull arranged and yes German cuisine is always jusing a little more salt. And i loving it.
I'm in town for business and I will go there as often as I can.
Try it! ..you will not regret it!

1 Thank Andreas S
clemson, sc
“German comfort food in an elegant and warm setting”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were excited to learn Schwaben House had reopened in it's new location. We had been craving the fresh house salads, potato salad and perfectly prepared Wiener schnitzel through the cold winter months they were closed. The menu includes authentic German offerings and the food is made from fresh ingredients and tastes wonderful. The owner is always there to greet you and the servers treat you like family. The new location on Laurens Road is a bit odd, since the front entrance is actually in the back of the building, facing away from the road. But inside you will find a beautifully decorated restaurant with hidden treasures. DO be sure to call ahead and make a reservation.

Visited May 2014