“New address, not bad but overrated”
Review of Schwaben House

Schwaben House
Ranked #24 of 948 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$16 - US$36
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Schwaben House reopened a few weeks ago on Laurens Road.

I went there for dinner on the first week and although food was good, service was simply awful and it took me nearly 2 hours to complete a full menu after waiting for ages between plates for attention from the waitress. On the other end, the staff was very attentive with their German customers taking the time to discuss with each of them so I guess if you work for the right company or are German you will feel at home at Schwaben House otherwise there are better places around.

3  Thank JFdeWoluwe

Reviewed 10 May 2014

After a too long hiatus, Schwaben House has opened in their new location on Lauren's Road. The atmosphere is still charming and intimate. The food is indescribably delicious and the service is stellar! Kudos to Annette and staff. Welcome back!

2  Thank Runaway76
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have been waiting for awhile for the new location to open. We were not disappointed. We had a wonderful dinner. The decor was nice and the bar area was beautiful. The atmosphere was great with enough privacy for an intimate dinner. Our server was very informative and told us about the items that were not on the menu. I had the sea bass and it was prepared to perfection. My wife had the steak. Hers was equally good. Finished off with a delicious piece of German style cheesecake. A very nice relaxed evening that reminded me of our meals in Munich when we were not hurried at all by the wait staff. This is as good as it gets. Already looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank Bill R
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After months of waiting, this jewel of a restaurant finally re-opened. What they have done with the place is just fantastic. It is even cozier, warmer, and just better than before...and I had loved their old location. You have to see the new bar - it is a thing of beauty.

The food is what I expected - perfection. The appetizer was a simple little pickled wurst salad, and the flavors prepared my taste buds for the rest of the evening. For my main course, I had the sea-bass dish and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Sea-bass is a delicate flavored fish and Chef Robert nailed it. For dessert, his strawberry mousse topped it all off. It was light, and tasted as though you had just bitten into a strawberry, without the seeds, yet creamy.

They have expanded their wine and beer list AND now have some awesome beers on tap.

I had the chance to talk with the owners and they have some pretty exciting ideas coming up. I won't give away anything here - but if you want to experience more original European food, keep coming back.

1  Thank Dallas-0-Dallas
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I visit the Schwaben House the first time. And they told me they just moved and reopened there resturant. They did a awesome job with remodeling that place.
It's warm, beautifull and everything screams "welcome" right in your face.
And the food is like it is in Germany!
... greate taste, beautifull arranged and yes German cuisine is always jusing a little more salt. And i loving it.
I'm in town for business and I will go there as often as I can.
Try it! ..you will not regret it!

1  Thank Andreas S