“Excellent deal...comfy room and nice staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is the best deal around...we have stayed at other economy hotels while in Greenville for our son's golf tournaments. This by far is the best for the under $100 a night category. Two queen beds, large room, super clean and comfortable pillows. Perfect location: spent the evening in the downtown area and at the hotel in about 8 minutes. Will stay here again. The breakfast was free and better than the other "budget" hotels that we have frequented.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travelgalColumbia

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were traveling to attend a Football Game at Clemson, and chose this hotel because we felt it was far enough away that we would not get the traditional rowdy football fan, while being close enough for an easy drive in for the 3:30 game. I made our reservations on line through the choice website and check in was quick and hassle free. The employees were friendly and attentive to the needs of their guests. Once in our rooms we found them to be clean but were showing some age, worn carpet, scuff marks along the baseboard, and a louder than average AC Unit. Each room has a nice flat screen TV and a work desk with free internet. The breakfast area is spacious and will maintained throughout the advertised time. It features the usual cereal, pastries, waffles along with a breakfast meat and pre-cooked eggs, coffee and juice. The hotel is adequate and I would recommend it any time other than a football weekend. Throughout much of the night several groups of guests insisted on drinking and tailgating in the parking lot. They were loud and crude and paid no attention to several requests by the night employees to calm down. Another group of guest on the 5th floor became involved in some type of confrontation and after about an hour of yelling and door slamming the police were called. Over all from about 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. there were constant issues with guests and out party was able to get very little sleep. The hotel employees made a sincere effort to deal with all of the unruly guests with little success. I it very difficult to deal with a bunch of drunks who were just about as annoying the next morning at breakfast. All in all the Hotel and it staff was adequate but I would not return here during a Clemson Football weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hyatt Place Greenville canceled my reservation that I had placed in April through Priceline at regular price. They had stated they had overbooked, suprisingly they overbooked when they were placed in April and reservation was August 31. Priceline booked me here since the incident had happened. I was not at all very happy. Since the rate at the Comfort Inn was sixty bucks. But I will say the hotel was very nice and appointed especially at that price. The lady at the front desk was extremmely nice and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel to amnyone for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank elvan
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had to stay here because of a corp. booking. I don't know why they use this property except that they save money. The bedspread had a cigarette burn in it and "white crusty stains" The room is average and the hotel is old, but were the fire took place they have had to remodel. It is convenient to much and right off I-385, with a lot of restaurants in the are. The staff tries but could not get a bill cause the printer or the computer would not work so they faxed copies to the office. I do have a choice when I stay in GVL most times and when I do I don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank steve p
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very nice property. Larger rooms with nicer flat screens. Beds were comfortable, although the pillows had some age on them. Only drawback to the property is the parking lot...which is one large hill! Be ready to notice a significant "lean" when you park your car!!! Special kudos to the hotel for having their maintenance manager assist us with a jump on the morning of departure due to a dead battery!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is a great hotel! Same road as the Haywood Mall, great mall! And close to many restaurants, and even some nightclubs if you're into that kind of thing. I felt safe at this location. The room was really nice and spacious, bed was perfection, and so were the pillows. My only issue with the room was that the fridge did not work at all. I had some food, which ended up being thrown away because of it. I didn't notice that it wasn't working until the morning and I told the front desk clerk, and his solution was for me to go get my food, bring it back down, and leave it in their fridge...To me not a good solution, would have appreciated a fridge brought to the room, but at least he offered something. I was happy that there was an elevator, very convenient, and it's actually outside of their lobby, yet still inside the hotel. Breakfast was pretty good! Variety of food, and drinks. Didn't try the pool, it was raining, but I'm sure it was just fine :) I will definitely go back, but make sure to check your appliances early on!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator if you don't like to walk a lot, their halls go a long way...