“Excellent B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenville
Park House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Greenville B&B and Inns
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I just returned from trip to Greenville and stayed at the Park House Bed & Breakfast. We were overwhelmed with the delicious food, friendly hospitality, and pristine condition of this newly renovated home. We enjoyed everything about our stay- from the wine and cheese shared with other guests on the front porch (with really comfortable rocking chairs) to the beautiful spa-like bathroom and luxurious bedroom, this was exactly the peaceful (but not boring) reverie we were looking for. We loved it so much, we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Asian Room and couldn't say a bad thing about it. I'm sure you couldn'...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jessieinnkeeper, Owner at Park House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and the rockers on the front porch. We look forward to your visit again. Take Care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cashiers, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Rick and Jessica are fantastic hosts and they keep a wonderful B&B! The gourmet breakfasts were excellent, the beds were comfy, the rooms were lovely and the cocktail hour on the front porch was entertaining! Rick & Jessica make you feel so welcome and "at home." It was a great choice for a mother/daughter weekend but it would be a great choice no matter what kind of vacation time you have. If you like privacy with a personal touch, this is the place to stay in Greenville!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jessieinnkeeper, Owner at Park House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
We really appreciate the time you took to write a review. I'm so glad the room and beds worked out for you and your daughter, and also to see a mother and daughter sharing time together. Once again thank you!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

My wife and I traveled to Greenville to attend the Furman University graduation. We booked a little late and first went to the downtown hotels where other family members had already made reservations. We didn't find much left available, and boy am I glad we didn't! We paid less than any of our family members who all ended up I think at the Marriott, and every in our party of 10 agreed our accommodations were vastly superior.

Rick greeted us when we arrived, and we were immediately impressed by his attentiveness and professionalism. Rick and Jessica are from New York so don't expect a southern drawl, but as for southern hospitality...they seem to be quick to adapt. We stayed in the Asian room. It was very clean and had a very nice bathroom with an excellent bathtub. The bed was comfortable, the coffee, soda, bottled water, and cookies were all free of charge (Marriott would have gouged us on that), and we even had an evening wine and cheese downstairs in the living room with other guests one night.

The food was delicious, Monte Cristo breakfast sandwiches one day and stuffed French Toast the next with eggs and sausage. The other guests were both young and old, which surprised me since I had mainly expected retired couples. There was another young couple there who was just getting away from their small children for the weekend. Two retired couples were there as well. The wine and cheese time in the afternoons and group breakfast time in the morning made for a casual, relaxed environment in which to converse and get to know people you wouldn't meet otherwise. Of course, it's private enough that we could have kept to ourselves had we preferred--everything is optional. Seems to be a welcome place for just about anybody.

Only drawback: since it was raining we didn't really want to walk and the location, being a little outside the downtown area, did require us to have to call for rides whenever we left to go somewhere, but we could have avoided this by renting a car.

All in all a first rate stay, I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Asian room has a great bath and is isolated from the other rooms by a small library room
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lanecoonrod
Thank you for your nice comments. We are so glad the Hotel was booked because we had the pleasure of meeting you both. I do hope you can come again to see the improvements planned for N. Main Street and headed our way. Once again thank you!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Our first visit to Greenville was almost spoiled by cold rainy weather. But the Park House and its hosts, Rick and Jessie, saved the day. We spent two nights in the Colonial Room on one or the most comfortable mattresses ever. The home was magnificently reconstructed and reappointed. Breakfasts were sumptuous. And we particularly enjoyed the late afternoon wine and cheese in the living room, chatting with Rick and other guests. When the rain let up briefly on Saturday morning, we borrowed an umbrella and walked the beautiful downtown of Greenville. We recommend the Park House without reservation (although you should make reservations!), and we hope to get back to Greenville and stay with Rick and Jessie again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much. I do hope next time you have the most beautiful day ever to make up for that nasty rainy weekend. I'm glad to hear that we played a small part by providing you w/ a good, relaxing, comfortable bed.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful and charming home! Absolutely gorgeous! No detail was missing here! I was so sad that we only stayed one night. Next time we will stay the weekend. Rick and Jessica were wonderful hosts - very gracious and helpful. Breakfast was divine! The location is great - convenient to downtown - great area for walking or cycling. I hated to leave!! Thank you to Rick and Jessica for a wonderful evening! Hopefully, we will see you again!!

Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so glad to hear that next time you visit you would like to stay longer and what pleasure it would be.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

All I can say is the Park House is a beautiful home not a house with great decor and two wonderful people making you feel at home. Rick and Jessica had a vision and a dream in mind to create a refuge for people and an opportunity to give you beautiful views inside and out. Being a guest at the Park House will spoil you and make you want to never leave. I had a stressful month and was really feeling pressure from my work; meeting deadlines, constantly in my car going from Winston Salem to Charlotte a couple days a week. This drive (Greenville, SC), was relaxing and every mile brought me closer to peace and quiet.
The Park House is close to all the sights, restaurants, and music. The city of Greenville is alive both daytime and night.
Treat yourself! Treat your spouse or significant other! You will not regret one moment...Thanks Jessica and Rick:)

Room Tip: The ENGLISH ROOM! is Amazing! Trust me...Yay!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jessieinnkeeper, Owner at Park House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
We are so glad and appreciative that you took a moment from your busy schedule to write us such a kind review, and to know we played a small role on your relaxing weekend.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spend two nights in the Colonial room at the Park House on our honeymoon, and had an amazing experience! They were so warm and friendly, yet gave us plenty of space, rooms were very private and spotless. One of the highlights for us was the cooking...breakfast was unreal! Some Of the best breakfast dishes we ever had. We loved it all, will certainly be back when we have the chance.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear breakfast was delicious. If you visit us again let me know if you want anything in particular and I will be happy to make it. Once again thank you and I look forward seeing you both again next time you come to town.