“Fabulous Clemson Football Weekend!”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My friends and I had the pleasure of staying at your property for our 3rd Annual - Clemson Couples Football Weekend on Sept 8th and we had a blast! I want to give special thanks to Amanda and Randy for handling a reservation issue we had promptly and professionally! They both made sure our weekend didn't skip a beat by taking care of us. The hote was clean, everyone was friendly, and breakfast was great! Being an AGM myself, I know what it takes to deliver a great guest experience and I will say......you delivered! We will definitely return. Go Tigers!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Jason P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

We are so glad that you were able to stay with us on your Football weekend. I am especially glad to see that Amanda and Randy were able to address your situation professionally and quickly. I agree, too, they're great! I am also glad to see you were able to enjoy our breakfast bar. We work hard to make our breakfast bar a positive memorable experience. Our team really puts a lot of effort into making sure all of our guests have an excellent experience and our housekeepers do an excellent job at ensuring that our rooms are crisp, clean and pristine. We hope you'll come back to see us the next time your in town for a Football weekend. We are an excellent and more affordable option for those game weekends. We're only 30 minutes from Clemson and 15 from Furman with the extra option of being able to enjoy fabulous Downtown Greenville at night after the game! Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed labor day weekend with toddler and husband. Had a great time. Check-in was great. Got the king executive suite and it was really spacious and nice. Had mini fridge and microwave. Pullout sofa and small table. It has everything with-in minutes of the property for eating and shopping. you can even walk to a few places if you choose. Twin Peaks is in front of the hotel. Very close to downtown and easy to get to. Breakfast was great with pancakes, sausage, bacon, and the list kept going. Very impressed with that. The place was really clean and everyone was nice. Hope to come back to greenville soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Greetings from Greenville, SC! We appreciate your praise regarding our breakfast bar and the offerings we provide. Our goal is to create a breakfast experience so our guests feel they don't need to leave the hotel for a tasty, satisfying breakfast with plenty of options for everyone. We always provide additional staffing during busy periods so food stays fresh, full and as always....free! I am glad you were able to stay in one of our larger suites. It provides the extra room needed for families traveling with children. We will be sure to share your praise with our team. Please do come and stay with us again on your next trip to Greenville. We'll look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed here for one night on way through to NC. This hotel is in a great location. Right off the highway. Down the street from Trader Joe's and Costco, and within walking distance to Gattitown. So great to be able to walk over for pizza for dinner. Room was fine and clean, staff helpful.
Breakfast, however, is another story. I am rather picky about food, but will settle for a bowl of cheerios. They only had a few options of generic cereal, and I have to say one bite was all I could handle. My mother was traveling with me, she is not a picky eater. However, she only had a few bites of a muffin and biscuit and gravy before throwing them away. Thankfully we were near Trader Joe's and just went there and grabbed breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with our hotel. We appreciate your compliments on our hotel location and our team here. I am disappointed to hear that you did not have the experience that we strive for at our breakfast bar. We understand that breakfast is a very individualized thing and we all have our specific tastes in what we enjoy or don't enjoy for breakfast. We work very diligently to ensure that there is something for everyone at breakfast within the allowances of our brand standards. The Holiday Inn Express brand offers a free hot breakfast that is, for the most part, congruent from hotel to hotel with only very small variations based on local tastes. I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations and taste preferences. The cereal options and brands are mandated by the Holiday Inn Express brand and we do exceed the brand standards on those offerings. I am sorry that your mother was unable to finish her muffin and her biscuit and gravy. I might suggest trying one of our new fresh made pancakes on your next visit. We do hope that you would consider returning to us on your next visit to Greenville!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Very clean and friendly hotel. Two nice places to eat within a very short walk. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Only wished they had all rooms being non smoking. I did get a non smoking room but wonder when they will eliminate any smoking rooms as most hotels are doing

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are glad to know that you were able to experience our breakfast and that our team took care of you! We do have 18 smoking rooms out of 155 total rooms since we have two companies with whom we do regular, on-going business that have quite a few associates who smoke. We reduced the number of smoking rooms several years ago, but maintained a few to accommodate those guests as they have been loyal clients for many years. Many of our direct competitors still maintain a small number of smoking rooms so we wanted to remain competitive in a highly competitve market. We do give extra care and attention to those rooms to ensure that the lingering smoke residue does not overwhelm. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Greenville!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Nice spacious room and big breakfast. Covers on bed were weird like most hotels these days. We asked for a fan and the desk said they had none. We did not try the pool or exercise.

Nothing fancy but a good stay for the money. Lots of food and coffee, etc on Woodruff road.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

We are glad to see that you feel you received good value during your stay with us. Our beds do have triple sheeting and a duvet with all components laundered each day to dispel the "bedspread horror." Based on your request and comments, we will make sure that we have a fan(s) available for those guests who might request one. We enjoy getting this type of feedback as it allows us to know the various and sundry things our guests might ask for. When possible, we will purchase these items and hold them for just such requests. Thank you for the feedback and we do hope to see you again on your next trip to Greenville, and we will have a fan for you should you need one!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I booked this Hotel for a large group of golfers and was delighted with the property,great rooms, beautiul pool ,very good continental breakfast,and most important wonderful staff, always a smile and an hello. I have booked this hotel again as I consider it to be the best in the area, set back off the road which makes it a nice quiet area to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. We are so honored to receive your kind words and your praise. Our team is always so happy to hear that they've turned a guest into a fan! That is always our goal. We enjoyed having your group with us and we are looking forward to your next visit. Please know that your comments will be shared with everyone during our next weekly team huddle.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Greenville's Woodruff Road is one of that city's most important shopping and eating venues. Because the road intersects both the I-85 and I-385 freeways, there are also many of the largest chain motels/hotels and the four-story Holiday Inn Express is undeniably one of the best. Attractively situated several hundred yards from the roadway in a partially wooded setting, the HIE offers guests a nice night's rest away from the sounds of traffic but close enough to every possible attraction in the area with easy access to downtown Greenville as well.

This particular Inn is no longer new (it was built in 2001) and it shows its age in occasionally worn carpeting or chipped or stained furniture. The management has, however, done its best to brighten up both the rooms and the hallways with fresh coats of paint and made each bed and bath as comfortable as possible. Though there is almost no lobby and virtually nowhere to sit close to the front doors, there is a "Great Room" (which also serves in the morning as the breakfast room), that provides some seating for those wishing to escape their rooms. Wi-Fi access is seamless and easy to use and the inn also has nearly every other amenity one should expect, from a small swimming pool, to a business center (though when my wife and I visited, the lone printer was out of order and unusable), to several large rooms where meetings can be held. On the other hand, television reception is spotty at best and we found in the evenings that there were a number of stations that were simply unwatchable despite being listed as available.

Like most HIEs across the nation, breakfast is more than adequate but that is about all that can be said for the variety each day. When we asked, we were told that the Inn only serves bacon on Wednesdays, prefering far-easier to prepare sausage patties instead. If you are a fan of bacon, try avoid staying on any day other than Tuesday evening. To complement its constant and somewhat boring diet of scrambled eggs, biscuits, or gravy, however, there are several coffees, teas, yogurts, cold cereals, and breads from which to select. The HIE, like many of its "cousins," has also installed an automatic pancake making machine. Though that sounds somewhat "blah," the finished pancakes are quite good.

Greenville's HIE on Woodruff Road, if only because of its weak breakfasts, probably deserves a 3-star rating but we've given it a 4 because of its most important asset: a group of front-desk and other personnel who seem, for the most part, to really care about making the customer come first. My wife and I stayed at the inn for four days while visiting relatives in the city in late June and there was not one request that we made to the staff that was not quickly fulfilled, whether finding us extra pillows for our bed or locating and bringing to our room a small refrigerator so that we could cool a number of items.

No-one will regret staying at the HIE Woodruff Road and many might be exceptionally pleased. We come to Greenville at least once a year and when we return, we will probably make a bee-line back there once again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your very well written, detailed and objective review. Above all, thank you for the kind words and glowing praise of our team. I must agree with you that we do have a very fine team, all of whom are genuinely concerned with providing the best experience for each and every guest they encounter. We feel that is what sets us apart from the rest. We recognize that we have few areas where we need a little attention and will be addressing those issues in the coming months as we begin a refresh in our public areas and guest rooms. We just completed a full replacement of our bedding and will be upgrading guest rooms and baths. We hope that you will come back to stay with us on your next trip to Greenville. Thank you again, and safe travels!