“Average for the price -”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Virginia
“Average for the price -”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Would have been a fantastic stay for $75 or $80 - for $135 - not so much. Room and furniture needed some work. Brekkie was very good and mattress was nice - overall a pleasant stay - but should have been.

Room Tip: We were on east side and curtain wouldn't close all the way - faced major road but no noise. Tr...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I can tell by the number of reviews you have left that you are an experienced traveler and we are honored that you choose to stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed our full, hot breakfast. We do believe that it is among the best of its competitors and we try to rotate on a daily basis the various offerings to ensure that our guests get a variety. We are also glad to see that you recognized the effort that we have placed into selecting a bed set that would appeal to a wide variety of tastes and preferences. We do understand that having a curtain that did not shut properly was definitely inconvenient. I have forwarded your comments to our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure that all of our blackout drapes are hung properly and are closing completely. We agree that our distance from the road provides a quiet stay as opposed to the hotels located directly on the interstate. Our pricing, is market appropriate we are and competitive and we add quite a few of free amenities to give our guests more value for their money such as Free Shuttle transportation Monday through Friday, Free local and long distance calling within the continental US, free Fiber Optic Internet Services, a Free evening reception on Wednesday evenings and of course our full hot breakfast is also free. Once again we do thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fletcher, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This staff was excellent. Upon Check in the young man and Karen could not have been nicer. When I was there they had been going thtough a renovation. When I got to my room there was a little bit of an ant problem, certainly a side effect of the construction work, no other reason. When I called the front desk Karen sent Frank up to move me to another room. Everyone was so great about it. I hate to complaine so it was hard for me to even call. I was settled in a new room in 10 minutes. Karen even called a little while later to make sure I was settled in. Woke up to a great breakfast bar too! I would stay again just becasue of my great customer service but it has a wonderful location too.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
I am pleased to read your comments about Karen, Daniel and Frank. As I have stated in my previous comments, I believe that our team is what truly sets our hotel apart from its competition. We strive to be different in every way with regard to our service. I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy our full, hot breakfast. I think it is among the best in the industry! I am sorry that you experienced the situation with ants in your room and we have addressed the issue. We are, indeed, undergoing an improvement project so our guests will see some upgrades to the guest rooms over the next few months, but should not experience any inconveniences as the work is going on inside the guest rooms and away from public view. We are excited, and recognize that renovations are never convenient or easy. We are working hard to minimize the impact to our guests and have been very successful in keeping the magic "behind the curtain" so-to-speak! We look forward to seeing you again!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a soccer tournament. The staff was really great. The rooms were just average. In the room I stayed in, I could see where they had done a lot of paint touch ups. The base boards were pretty beaten! The beds were EXTREMELY comfy! Did not experience housekeeping. I have had much better continental breakfasts! :(

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know about your experienced. I am pleased to see that you felt that our service, cleanliness, location and the quality of sleep were all 'five star,' but disappointed to only earn a "decent" rating overall. I agree that our service and our cleanliness are outstanding, but we certainly strive for much better than 'decent' and will take your comments under consideration when looking to see where we be more consistent. As many guests have commented our full, hot breakfast is among the best they've had, we also understand that we may occasionally experience a "hiccup." I will share your comments with our breakfast team to ensure that we remain consistent in our efforts. We do try to keep our guest room walls free of the black marks and scuffs that occur from luggage,valet carts and general use. We are currently undergoing a property improvement project that will address some of the issues you mentioned as well as brand new furniture and upgraded bathroom finishes. We hope that you will return and give us an opportunity to upgrade your overall opinion of our hotel.
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Had a room on the 4th floor near the elevator, room 418. The elevator noise anywhere from within 4 rooms makes it intolerable. When I called the first night and requested a room change, the answer was, "We wondered when you were going to call"? That left me dumbfounded frankly.

Why would you provide a room for a guest whom you knew was staying for 4 nights in a room with problems? I was moved down the hall and it was much better.

Why would you place smoking rooms and nonsmoking rooms across from one another on the same floor? The entire 4th floor stunk of cigarettes, really bad!

The breakfast had some of the weakest coffee I have ever tasted. The breakfast itself was very poor for one of this kind.

The staff was very pleasant to me, the head of maintenance and Everette the shuttle driver were both very good.

BUT, I wouldn't stay here again, Too many better choices in close proximity.

Fix the elevator, or don't lease rooms anywhere near them. Let the smoking guest smoke outside or keep them all on the same floor. Smelled really bad.

Room Tip: Stay away from within 4 rooms either side of the elevator, serious!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to appraise your stay with us. I can tell that you are a Trip Advisor pro and based on the number of reviews you’ve given that you’re an avid traveler, and your expectations are very high as they should be. We are honored that you took the time to review ours hotel. As most hotels do, we do have rooms near our elevators and due to the traffic inherently created by two elevators we recognize that there will be extra noise. Those rooms are definitely not for guests who are sensitive to noise, but many guests do find the proximity to the elevators convenient and we have guests who will request those rooms specifically. I can tell from your reviews that, like me, you are very sensitive to noise. We are more than happy to place any guest as far away as possible and will do so prior to arrival if the request is made at the time of reservation. We are also glad to relocate guests even after they arrive if necessary. Your tip is an excellent one so travelers reading your review will know to request rooms away from the elevator if that is their preference. Not having stayed in the four rooms near the elevator it would be difficult to assess the noise level from four different rooms, but I am glad that we were able to move you a room that was more to your liking. You’re right that placing a combination of smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor is not ideal. We agree and are in the process of completely renovating the fourth floor to eliminate all smoking rooms from our property. We also recognize that coffee preference is subject to individual tastes and preference. We've chosen a "middle of the road" roast that we feel will appeal to a wide variety of guests. I am sorry ours was not to your liking and that our breakfast bar was not appealing to you either. We do work very hard to exceed expectations in all areas but recognize that sometimes we will fall short or may not be able to be exactly what everyone is looking for. Your suggestions and comments help us to assess where we can improve and there is always room for that! Thank you again for honoring us with your stay and your subsequent appraisal.
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Property is very close to I85 -- good for convenience, not so for road noise, but I was so tired that the noise did not bother me. Room was clean. Free breakfast was good. Especially liked the automatic pancake maker. Good choice of chain restaurants at the same exit. There is an indoor pool, but you feel like the main attraction at the aquarium (since the sitting area is on the other side of the glass).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let our viewers know about your stay with us. I agree that our breakfast is among the best offerings of any hotel. Also, one of the main comforts of our hotel as we've been told time and again is that our greater distance from the main road and proximity to the Interstate makes it both convenient and quiet. We are both convenient and very quiet as we sit quite a ways off of Woodruff Road and are shielded by several wooded acres from the Interstate. So, traffic noise is completely shielded from our quiet location and the Interstate is about 1/4 miles and invisible from our location. We are glad you were able to get a good, quiet night's rest--always a plus when you're staying away from home. I am glad you were able to enjoy our indoor pool, but I agree with you, there is always that unfortunate issue of privacy with any public pool. I
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

On a 14 hour road trip from Virginia to Mobile Alabama... We Decided to make a half trip stop in the city of Greenville SC. There were several hotels close to the highway to select from. We choose HIE because of room rates and posted reviews. We arrived late evening, despite the late arrival, I was greeted by friendly and informative Reception staff member. Overall the hotel was Clean, Comfortable and the staff members were Courteous. On my way back to Virginia I am sure I will stay again.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
We are glad that the feedback our guests have given was able to sway your decision. We even happier that you weren't disappointed with your decision! We work very hard at making every guest experience a special one. I agree that our team is what truly makes the difference! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and hope to see you again if you ever find yourself back in our beautiful city!
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This hotel may not be a Hyatt with crystal chandeliers but everything I conceivably wanted in my stay at this Holiday Inn Express easily met the standards of the finest hotels in the area .Breakfast, staff, cleanliness, decor, location etal, all were first rate. The icing on the cake was my use of a Groupon value that costed this room out at easily 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of an expensive Hyatt. Overall, it was a wonderful stay in the Greenville area; wife and I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
We are honored and flattered that we were all that you were looking for and more. We've never been compred to a Hyatt before so we're glad to achieve that acclaim! I am happy to see that you were pleased with our breakfast offering, our team members and your overall experience with us. We hope that you will come back to see us on your next trip upstate! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!