“What a wonderful hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville, South Carolina
“What a wonderful hotel!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have stayed here before, and they are finishing a remodel. I love the new fridges and microwave. So nice to have a bottle/can opener in the cabinet too! The staff was so nice, I know Curtis by name (head of housekeeping) and Randy of Guest Services (who on the phone alone was a hoot.) The breakfast staff was super friendly as well and the food was excellent. We lost power from a BAD storm and staff was all over making sure we could get to our rooms safely. The air stayed cold, and unlike other nearby hotels, OUR KEY CARDS WORKED! Some folks at my same conference could not get in their hotel rooms down the street. Thank you HIE!

Room Tip: Not sure about a good room, but this location is so close to so much!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Duranfreak - Thank you for your wonderful review! As one of our housekeeping supervisors, Curtis makes a concerted effort to be certain our guests know they can come to him if there is anything they need. And Randy, our Assistant General Manager, howled at being called a Hoot! He loved it.

I'm sorry 'bout the storm. Turns out the outage was the result of someone crashing into a power pole. We're glad the battery back-up on the locks enabled you to brag to your colleagues that you could access your room without a problem. Were also glad that you like the remodel. We think the new decor is quite sharp. We look forward to your return to us in the near future.

Best regards,
Garison R. Kaufman
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler and I have to say, I have never encountered the service at the breakfast buffet like I did at this Holiday Inn. Debbie was great and attentive. The area was clean and buffet was hot. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who visit Greenville, Sc.

Stayed June 2013
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Man R - Thank you for your compliments about Debbie and our breakfast. We consider Debbie to be a real asset to our Team and think ourselves fortunate to have her here. Debbie exemplifies the level of service we seek to provide to all of our guests.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I traveled to Greenville, S.C. for a few days and had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Woodruff Rd. The rooms were excellent, the service was outstanding, and the morning breakfast was awesome. I would highly recommend when you are in Greenville or just passing through and need a hotel to stay at the HOliday Inn Express on Woodruff Rd.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor facing the front of the building. I was on my motorcycle and wanted to keep an...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for the praise about our hotel and our team. Reviews such as yours give us another push to want to continue to make our guests in to friends and fans! We are, indeed, honored to have you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity again in the very near future. Thank you and safe travels to you!
vancouver
Reviewed 3 July 2013

If I ever return to Greenville, SC, (and I am sure that I will), I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express. The hospitality they showed me went above and beyond what I expect from a hotel.

I like to chop up my reviews into easily digestible lists, so here you go:

Liked: Extremely comfortable beds; Nice cold AC; Wonderful smelling shampoo and soap; Very clean room; Nice sized desk; Great breakfast buffet (eggs, biscuits, sausage, bacon, toast, cinnamon rolls, donuts, yogurt, fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal, oatmeal... it was insane); Well decorated (nothing too bright, nothing too dark); Bright clean white linens; Nice towels; Firm / Soft pillows; Easily accessible vending; Absolutely kind front-staff; Good location.

Disliked: (I'm REALLY stretching here for these - not so much dislikes, but I feel like I need some to have a well-balanced review) -- I suppose I was a bit confused as to why the shuttle couldn't get me from the airport at 11PM, but I think it has specific hours that they run it. The only other negative I can think of is that I noticed that while they had those "hang up your towels to be environmentally friendly, drop them on the floor and we'll replace them for you" things. Well, every day I hung up my towels, and every day I'd come back to find EVERYTHING replaced. Even bars of soap that I'd only used once. I can't really fault that as it felt cleaner, but I was trying to be at least a little bit enviro-friendly!

As for folks reporting that the Twin Peaks' Bike Night is very loud -- I was there for a Wednesday night and didn't hear a thing. And usually I am extremely annoyed by loud noises, and easily woken. I went to bed at about 9:30PM and didn't hear anything ... but maybe the Greenville heat knocked my poor Canadian soul out :)

Room Tip: If you're concerned abou the bikes, ask for a room facing out the back.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are so honored to receive such high praise on everything from our decor to our team members. We work very diligently to constantly get better every day at providing our guests with an experience they can't help but talk about in a positive way! We are happy to see that we succeeded! Our airport shuttle does indeed have specific hours Monday through Friday but we are always willing and ready to coordinate transportation for you after hours. I will speak with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure that housekeepers do support our guests' desires to partner with us on being a little more environmentally friendly. Thank you for wanting to help us in that endeavor. We do, however, refresh partially used bath amenities as a courtesy to you!

Twin Peaks bike night is, indeed, a very large local draw for the summer months, but we have successfully worked together with them to find a solution that allows them to provide the same level of service to their guests as we provide to ours! I am glad to see the impact has been recognized! Thank you again for your review and we hope to wow you again if you're ever in Greenville, SC!
Dingwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Very friendly hotel. Clean, comfortable, rooms. Excellent, plentiful breakfasts! Staff always obliging and helpful. Good advice on taxis, carhire and local restaurants readily given. Although near to key routes (I-85, I-385, Woodruff Road), and therefore very strategically situated, surprisingly peaceful and quiet. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
GarisonKaufman, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Travelmart24 - Thank you for your compliments. We have many regular guests who do consider our hotel to be their home away from home. It sounds as if our staff are well on their way to adding you to that roster. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels take you to Greenville. Best regards, Garison R. Kaufman, Guest Services Manager
Greenville,sc
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Best breakfast buffet and the number of customers indicate that it is good. All other hotel brands in Gvl were less attended and with fewer selections. The Marriott Courtyard @ 115 The Parkway had only 6 couples for the breakfast buffet (free). The Marriott Courtyard @Orchard Park was empty @ 8:30 AM. The new Bistro (A La Carte) is really working. The Fairfield (airport) was a little better but did not compare to the HI Xpress. Down the street the expensive coffe house was standing room only with a line of cars at the drive up. Loyal customers really make the difference and brands do pay off.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for being our guest and thank you for praising our breakfast buffet. Breakfast can be a challenge when the hotel is full. But making certain the food is good and that everyone gets the food they want is only a start. We think the main reason our hotel is so popular is because we have great Team Members who make every effort to be certain each of our guests feels special, valued and welcome. It sounds like you saw those efforts in action on your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Greenville. And again, thank you. - Garison R. Kaufman/ Guest Services Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The previous Holiday Inn we stayed at in Columbia may be fairly new, but it doesn't beat this one for service and friendliest of staff. The minute we walked in the door Tom was there ready to help us find our way around with maps, marking important locations for us and answering all our questions. He even mentioned the hours he would be manning the front desk in case we needed him for anything.

The next morning I walked into the breakfast room to find it well stocked and the staff there ready to help us. While I was eating, Curtis came around asking everyone how they were doing and if everything was okay. I felt like they really wanted to take care of us, and they did.

The beds were comfortable and the room, a junior suite, was nice and big, just like we had in Charleston, SC. If I had to compare the two, thye were both very nice, but this beat it in terms of the nivcest people running it. The only thing I missed was getting my USA Today paper, but there were local papers out for us to read, so I felt like I didn't miss much.

The next time I come to Greenville, I plan to stay at this Holiday Inn Express and Suites just because I felt it gave great value for the money!

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room on the ground floor. Makes it easier to wake up to the smell of br...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words of praise and for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I agree that our team is what sets us apart from our competitors and Tom is, indeed, a wonderful ambassador of the empowered service culture we strive to provide all of our guests. We are glad we were able to create a fan and hopefully a loyal guest and hope we will see you again on your next trip to Greenville, SC!