“Very clean & modern Holiday Inn Express - would stay here again!”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Long Island, New York
“Very clean & modern Holiday Inn Express - would stay here again!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

One of the nicest Holiday Inn Express properties we have stayed in. Clean, modern decor, great bathrooms... very friendly and accommodating staff. Express Start breakfast just fine for our needs. Got a great group rate as we were here with our kids' sports team.

• Stayed August 2013
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear vpk1 - Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate our "kids' sports team" guests. We know how important our breakfast buffet is for young athletes heading out to the field. (As well as modern bathrooms with plenty of towels when they return :-) ) I hope your team met with success. Onward to Victory! - Cheers - Garison R. Kaufman Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hotel is very convenient to the interstate and lots of restaurants and shopping. Parking is very good. Room was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was good and fresh. The staff was competent and friendly, although my key was deactivated after my first night and had to be reactivated. I was allowed to check in a little early at no extra charge which was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Matthew S - Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of your room key deactivating. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your early arrival. We try hard to make accommodations for early arriving guests. Business travelers who fly in to Greenville in the morning may want to check-in before heading to their meetings. If a room is not available, a guest can always leave their luggage with us and we'll carry it to their room when it is ready. For leisure travelers, there are hundreds of restaurants and shops close by, as well as a 20 screen movie theatre. Cordially, Garison R. Kaufman Guest Services Manager
Auburn, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 August 2013

this is the second time staying here on Woodruff road, this time being over three wks.
I can't thank the staff all the way to the cleaning ladies and maintenance staff, everyone
is very polite and personable. the morning breakfast layout is outstanding the the ladies
running it are great.
The front desk folks are very friendly and helpful.
Amina, and Garrison have always been very helpful with any needs that I've requested.

Thank you all for making my stay easier.

Timothy Jameson
Eastern Business Forms

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Jameson, Being away from home for weeks at a time can certainly present its own array of challenges. I am very pleased to learn that you were well cared for by our staff. We shared your praises with everyone on our Team at one of our regular (twice-weekly) Team Huddles. Thank you. We look forward to your return to us. Best regards, Garison R. Kaufman Guest Services Manager
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Our stay here was great other than the wifi not working in our room. Myself and another guest who was apparently having the same problem had to wander the halls for a signal. (We were on the 4th floor and there was some construction so that might have been the reason.) The real reason for the delightful stay was the thoughtful staff and in particular Debbie! She helped run the breakfast bar without a hitch even though there was a whole swim team in town. She hit it off with my two young children, who she made it a point to remember their names, and when she found out it was going to be my oldest's 5th birthday she made sure we made it to a Wednesday food spread they offer for guest appreciation (a very nice idea by the way) and surprised her with birthday cupcakes....candle,song, and all! It not only made my daughters day but touched my husband and I as well. Her kind heart and attention was valued by my family and I hope she is equally valued by Holiday Inn.
The service in the rooms was also nice. Our own personal blankets were folded and tidied which was thoughtful. Little things like that matter, are noticed, and appreciated if you good folks read this! :-)
I hope the next time we return (and we will be returning) the wifi will be worked out because everything else was great!

• Stayed July 2013
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Sunsweet1 - "We agree: the little things do count." We don't think that it's "enough" to simply provide a room for the night and breakfast in the morning. A personal touch is what makes the difference, and your praise of Debbie and our housekeeping staff indicate we're on the right track.

I apologize that you had difficulty with the Wi-Fi. Fortunately, every room also has a hard-wire ethernet connection available. It was a localized issue, a router was down, and we've had Tech Support come out to remedy it.

We look forward to your return to our hotel when it's time to celebrate other birthdays. [Or, just a suggestion, if you and your husband get a chance to get away for an anniversary, we have 2-room suites with a large jetted tub....]

Cordially yours,
Garison R. Kaufman
Guest Services Manager
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have stayed here before, and they are finishing a remodel. I love the new fridges and microwave. So nice to have a bottle/can opener in the cabinet too! The staff was so nice, I know Curtis by name (head of housekeeping) and Randy of Guest Services (who on the phone alone was a hoot.) The breakfast staff was super friendly as well and the food was excellent. We lost power from a BAD storm and staff was all over making sure we could get to our rooms safely. The air stayed cold, and unlike other nearby hotels, OUR KEY CARDS WORKED! Some folks at my same conference could not get in their hotel rooms down the street. Thank you HIE!

Room Tip: Not sure about a good room, but this location is so close to so much!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Duranfreak - Thank you for your wonderful review! As one of our housekeeping supervisors, Curtis makes a concerted effort to be certain our guests know they can come to him if there is anything they need. And Randy, our Assistant General Manager, howled at being called a Hoot! He loved it.

I'm sorry 'bout the storm. Turns out the outage was the result of someone crashing into a power pole. We're glad the battery back-up on the locks enabled you to brag to your colleagues that you could access your room without a problem. Were also glad that you like the remodel. We think the new decor is quite sharp. We look forward to your return to us in the near future.

Best regards,
Garison R. Kaufman
Guest Services Manager
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler and I have to say, I have never encountered the service at the breakfast buffet like I did at this Holiday Inn. Debbie was great and attentive. The area was clean and buffet was hot. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who visit Greenville, Sc.

Stayed June 2013
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Man R - Thank you for your compliments about Debbie and our breakfast. We consider Debbie to be a real asset to our Team and think ourselves fortunate to have her here. Debbie exemplifies the level of service we seek to provide to all of our guests.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I traveled to Greenville, S.C. for a few days and had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Woodruff Rd. The rooms were excellent, the service was outstanding, and the morning breakfast was awesome. I would highly recommend when you are in Greenville or just passing through and need a hotel to stay at the HOliday Inn Express on Woodruff Rd.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor facing the front of the building. I was on my motorcycle and wanted to keep an...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for the praise about our hotel and our team. Reviews such as yours give us another push to want to continue to make our guests in to friends and fans! We are, indeed, honored to have you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity again in the very near future. Thank you and safe travels to you!