“Best HIE we have stayed in.”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I checked in here a few months ago. Even though check in was at 3pm, they let us check in early and upgraded us for free because the original room we booked was not ready. We were driving all night, so we REALLY appreciated this. The desk clerk also offered late check out, so we could sleep in. I wanted to give him a hug- he was so nice!

Room was very clean. Had a few hiccups with the TV signal, but other than that we were very pleased.

The breakfast was yummy! Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, breads, etc. Breakfast staff was also very friendly. Those ladies were so sweet and in such a good mood!

There's a bunch of shopping and food options close by, but traffic isn't the best. This area must be building up a lot, and the town just isn't equipped to deal with the traffic volume yet. Our experience was wonderful. Friendliest staff I have ever encountered at a HIE. I hope to return someday!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda M
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

We are honored by your high praise. We do hope that every guest experiences the best stay they've ever had with us. At our hotel "it's all about the guest" and our team recites this mission during our morning meetings. We hope that you will continue to return to us each and every time you're in the Greenville, SC and let us know if there is ever a time when your stay does not meet the standard and expectation that was set on this visit! We always want to know! Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I landed at the Greenville Holiday Inn Express as a result of a Priceline bid for a 2.5 star hotel. I'll just say that the price I paid was less than 50% off the posted rate online. It was a steal! I have stayed at H.I.E. properties before so pretty much knew what to expect. This one was no exception.

Room/Facility: Room was modern, spotless, and updated. Great bed/bedding. Adequate size. Great, high quality furnishings and lighting. The public spaces are bright and attractive. I had a room toward the side of the property, and it was very quiet. Yet the lobby area is just a short walk.

Service: Outstanding service - no issues. Front desk staff was professional and very friendly. Quick check-in process.

Location: Great location. Set back off of the main road, yet close to dozens of restaurants and shopping. Target is 1/8 mi away. You could almost walk but I reckon you'd get run over by one of SC's crazy drivers. If you want a quiet place to stay, this is it.

Misc: The hot breakfast was superb, as usual at H.I.E. hotels.

Overall, this and all the Holiday Inn Express properties I've stayed at are a great value for what you get. This one was clean, modern, comfortable, quiet, and close to everything. That I got the room for a steal on priceline adds even more value to the stay. I have no complaints, and highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: If you want near total quiet, request a room on the first floor, facing the rear, toward the side of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we're even happier to see that you're a loyal Holiday Inn Express guest! Loyalty is what we aim for in every guest experience. We always want to make sure that Holiday Inn hotels are your hotel of choice everywhere you travel. We work very hard to make sure that each of our guests' stays are memorable and consistently excellent. We look forward to seeing you each time you return to the Greenville, SC area! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The service was great and I can tell they appreciated our business. Gail is a jewel!!! The breakfast was great and the rooms were very clean (unfortunately you can't say that for all hotels) We look forward to returning to Holiday Inn Express in Greenwood, SC.

• Stayed: April 2014
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. We work very hard to make sure that all of our guests know how much we appreciate their business. We hope to continue not to just "get" your business, but to earn it. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express one night and had a very good expierence. One of the cleaning personal helped my wife get the luggage cart up to our room so we could off load our luggage after we checked in, without my wife asking for help. I asked for a recommendation , at the front desk, for dinner and was given the name of a very good yet not overly expensive place to have dinner (CPW's). Overall our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Greenville was very positive because of people that work there!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We love it when we hear that one of our team members has made such an impression on our guests. We encourage all of our team members to look for opportunities to "wow" our guests and provide to them a service experience that is unparalleled. We hope we've made a fan out of you and you'll return to us every time you're in Greenville, SC!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

First off, we love staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels and suites. Good value for what you get! We loved the Greenville Holiday Inn Express, great location, safe and a lot of surrounding food/shopping establishments. We had a suite which had plenty of room and the 42 inch LG Flat screen looked brand new and had plenty of channels. Breakfast was the typical HI Express food, plentiful and a good variety as you can’t complain as it is free and included in the hotel room cost. We arrived on a Saturday around 2pm and beware Woodruff Road is a “VERY” busy road for Greenville residents to go visit the surrounding food/shopping establishments, especially on the weekends. Anyhow, we will be back and we had no complaints!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We did, indeed, just upgrade all of our suites by installing brand new 42" Flat Panel LCD Televisions. We are glad you were able to enjoy that. Our breakfast, too, is an outstanding value and we work very hard to make sure our food is fresh and plentiful. We hope that we will always be your hotel choice in the Greenville, SC area! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here on a job interview trip to Greenville, SC. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and at home. They have a great morning breakfast buffet and also a evening mgr welcome. This is a great place to stay and so clean!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

We are so honored to have such kind words of praise. We hope all of our guests experience this impression when they leave our hotel. It truly is at the heart of what we do to create a hotel guests love! We hope you'll return to stay with us again and again each and every time you're in Greenville, SC....and we hope you got the job!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Beautiful rooms great location a even better breakfast and a not so bad price. Would have been cool to get my paper at the door when I woke but all in all it was a great stay and I would stay again next time

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed one of our standout features: our breakfast. We believe we have the best breakfast offering among its rivals and work very hard to ensure that our food is always plentiful, fresh with variety of options. Newspapers are delivered to all occupied guest rooms every morning. I will address your comments to our service provider to ensure that we don't miss any occupied guest room in the future. Thank you for letting us know! Please do come and visit us again when you're in Greenville, SC