Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Lexington, South Carolina
“Superb!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Glad I selected this hotel! Super clean. Wonderful front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff! Kids played in the indoor pool and had a great time as well. Convenient to EVERYTHING! Will definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristin P
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words of praise. We are so happy that you were able to experience what it is we aspire to do for all of our guests. We believe that our people truly make the difference and our full hot breakfast is definitely the right way to start any day. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pratt
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel was very easy to get to. We used our Garmin and were let directly to the front door.
We were checked in immediately upon arrival and went into the room and it was nice and clean. The only thing I didn't like about the room was that we had the AC turned as low as it would go and it was still too warm and muggy. We didn't complain as we were extremely tired and we just slept without the blanket. Also,when in the shower, please be careful. It can become very slick when showering. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brittll
We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments regarding your AC and shower to our maintenance team to be sure that we address them and avoid any future issues. I have also forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department as kudos for a job well done. Thank you again for reviewing your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed one night and found this to be a great choice in Spartanburg! It was clean and comfortable and quiet. I had planned on using the free shuttle from GSP but did not use it, however that was a key selling point for me. You do have to call the day before and arrange the time. I also used the indoor pool and enjoyed it for Grandson! Very nice staff. Food delivery available.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DTen
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I believe you may have reviewed a hotel in Spartanburg as our hotel is located in Greenville SC. Our shuttle does not require appointments and runs M-F from 6am until Midnight as needed. Our Holiday Inn Express at Westgate Mall does operate a shuttle by appointment. Our management company operates that hotel as well. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay there. We hope that you will select our hotel on Woodruff Road in Greenville, SC or our hotel at Westgate Mall in Spartanburg anytime you're in the Upstate of South Carolina!
USA
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I have previously avoided this area due to the traffic. I'm glad I stayed here. There are lots of choices for restaurants, bars, and other things in the immediate vicinity... Several are within walking distance.

Traffic is bad for this area but I'm used to driving in New York, LA and in other places and overall it's not bad (how can I even start compare traffic in South Carolina to any big city?).

I will probably stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jbbtrvlr
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We agree that our hotel is an excellent choice for location. We are located right in the middle of Woodruff Roads new and booming shopping and dining district with many restaurants and bars only yards from the hotel. We're directly across the street from the brand new Magnolia Town Centre and right off of I-85 and I-385. We're glad to see you chose us and hope that you will continue to choose us each time you come back to Greenville, SC!
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We needed to stay one night in Greenville, and didn't need to stay right downtown, so we decided to stay at this Holiday Inn Express because we got a really good rate.

The hotel is what you'd expect for a HIE. Very clean, good staff, better-than-average breakfast.

We were very happy to receive an upgraded room, including couch, coffee table, breakfast table, and a very small kitchenette area.

The hotel is directly across the street from a mall, and there are a number of chain restaurants in the area.

The only bad thing about the stay is that we were there at the same time that a number of kids' soccer teams were there, so that was a little crazy, especially at breakfast. But, you can't really fault the hotel for that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Boscaverde86
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. One of our goals is to deliver a consistently excellent experience so you can come to depend on the service and experience you will receive at every Holiday Inn Express. We do like to think our hotel is a little special as we do have some very genuinely caring people on our team. Please know that anytime you stay with us and experience any type of noise from other guests, we are very proactive to make sure that every guest has a pleasant stay with us no matter the reason they're here. We will always address any issue that you may have! We hope to see you again the next time you return to Greenville, SC
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I checked in here a few months ago. Even though check in was at 3pm, they let us check in early and upgraded us for free because the original room we booked was not ready. We were driving all night, so we REALLY appreciated this. The desk clerk also offered late check out, so we could sleep in. I wanted to give him a hug- he was so nice!

Room was very clean. Had a few hiccups with the TV signal, but other than that we were very pleased.

The breakfast was yummy! Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, breads, etc. Breakfast staff was also very friendly. Those ladies were so sweet and in such a good mood!

There's a bunch of shopping and food options close by, but traffic isn't the best. This area must be building up a lot, and the town just isn't equipped to deal with the traffic volume yet. Our experience was wonderful. Friendliest staff I have ever encountered at a HIE. I hope to return someday!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda M
We are honored by your high praise. We do hope that every guest experiences the best stay they've ever had with us. At our hotel "it's all about the guest" and our team recites this mission during our morning meetings. We hope that you will continue to return to us each and every time you're in the Greenville, SC and let us know if there is ever a time when your stay does not meet the standard and expectation that was set on this visit! We always want to know! Thank you again!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I landed at the Greenville Holiday Inn Express as a result of a Priceline bid for a 2.5 star hotel. I'll just say that the price I paid was less than 50% off the posted rate online. It was a steal! I have stayed at H.I.E. properties before so pretty much knew what to expect. This one was no exception.

Room/Facility: Room was modern, spotless, and updated. Great bed/bedding. Adequate size. Great, high quality furnishings and lighting. The public spaces are bright and attractive. I had a room toward the side of the property, and it was very quiet. Yet the lobby area is just a short walk.

Service: Outstanding service - no issues. Front desk staff was professional and very friendly. Quick check-in process.

Location: Great location. Set back off of the main road, yet close to dozens of restaurants and shopping. Target is 1/8 mi away. You could almost walk but I reckon you'd get run over by one of SC's crazy drivers. If you want a quiet place to stay, this is it.

Misc: The hot breakfast was superb, as usual at H.I.E. hotels.

Overall, this and all the Holiday Inn Express properties I've stayed at are a great value for what you get. This one was clean, modern, comfortable, quiet, and close to everything. That I got the room for a steal on priceline adds even more value to the stay. I have no complaints, and highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: If you want near total quiet, request a room on the first floor, facing the rear, toward the side of...