Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Jacksonville, FL
“Very Hard Beds”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2006

I am a platinum priority club member and stay in about 100 different Holiday Inns a year. Based on the past reviews this Holiday Inn does live up to the postings individuals have placed on this site...but, unless you like cement hard mattresses I would stay elsewhere.

The good - Nice decor upon entry. Friendly staff. Very large breakfast area with nice morning continental hot breakfast. Directly across the street from a mall. A mile away from new "outdoorsy" mall with shops like The Loft, Anthropologie, etc. My wife came with me on this business trip and enjoyed the proximity. Hotel is 100 feet from a Carrabbas and other good eating establishments.

The bad - Extremely hard mattresses. It always kills me when a hotel tries to fluff up a cheap cement mattress with nice soft sheets...just go out and upgrade your mattresses!!!! I know some individuals prefer extremely hard mattresses, but I am not one of them. If you have trouble sleeping on the hard floor, you will have trouble sleeping on the mattresses at this HIE. Be forewarned. If you are on business (as I was) don't bank on getting a good nights sleep on the bed. If you enjoy the firmest of the firm mattress, this is your place.
Lots of construction going on at hotel. They are doing some additions to hotel, pretty much an entirely new wing and parking area. Won't be finished until 07 a card in the room stated.

I really want to give this hotel a 3 star rating, but I go to hotels to sleep comfortably, wake up refreshed and check out. After suffering through the bedding here I just can't force myself to reward ambience and decor alone.

• Liked — In a happening spot
  • Disliked — Unbelievably Hard Beds
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PlatinumPriorityClub

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
pensacola, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2005

we had our daughter and 3 grandchildren with us for a vacation up north, and had made reservations to stay here one night on the way back to MS. When my husband went in to check us in, it appears that they had gotten the reservation wrong. We had reserved a suite, and all they had to offer was rooms with double beds. My grandchildren had their hearts set on a suite, and the evening manager called another HI Express just down the road. They gave us a suite, and there absolutely no charge for anything. Can't speak for this hotel in general, but the thoughtfulness of the staff could not have been beaten.

• Stayed July 2005
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2005

The Holiday Inn Express I-85 and Woodruff Rd is in an excellent location with plenty of things to do. There are at least 10 resturants within 2 minutes of the hotel with several being in walking distance. There are nationwide retail stores in the area and a mall across the road. The hotel itself is everything I have come to expect from HI Expresses (ie room decor, amenities, and service). The room was plenty big for 3 adults and 1 child. The bathroom was big enough for 2 people to easily move around in. Even though we did not take advantage of the SmartStart breakfast, there seemed to be plenty to choose from and the eating area was very large. The outdoor pool was closed while we were there even though it was filled and the temperature was in the 70's. The fitness center had at least 5 different machines to choose from and plenty of space to move from one piece of equipment to another. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and can see why it is rated as Excellent in Quality Performance.

• Stayed April 2005