“Luxury in wraps”

Econo Lodge Inn and Suites
Ranked #43 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is one place which you cannot make out from the outside prefab structure, untill you step inside. I was offered a 2 room suite for cheap price and I simply loved it. Visited Greenville twice and stayed at the same place !

Room Tip: Ask for the suite.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MonisAziz

Reviewed 5 June 2011

My wife and I have used this hotel and airport shuttle a number of times and have been very pleased. Traveling with three small children is never easy, however, each time we use the GSP airport we are pleasantly surprised with the southern hospitality of those operating the shuttle and hotel staff. As an avid traveler, I rank Econo Lodge's customer service and overall professionalism among the best I have encountered. They are prompt, polite, highly organized, and as the title states "refreshing." We will continue to use them for all our traveling needs in the Greenville area. We also highly recommend both the shuttle and hotel to others looking for quality economic services.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 29209Happytraveler
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel from the first of January, 2011 until Mid May of 2011. I found the Manager, Mark, very friendly, caring about the quality of the rooms and the happiness of the people. I referred several people there, while working a Construction job at BMW, from Upper Management to Sub Contractors. They all said that their stay was excellent and would definetly stay again. The only thing I wish would improve, was the breakfast choices. The breakfast is excellent and fresh, but after 5 months, it got a little boring. The menu never changed. For an overnight stay, this certainly wouldn't be an issue. The staff was very friendly and helpful, my room was always cleaned and restocked. I would stay there again, in the area. I am a Gold Elite with Choice Hotels, so I have spent many nights in Hotels/Motels to earn that. This hotel is a great value, clean, friendly and great location to BMW, restaurants, shopping and Greenville, Spartenburgh Airport. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed. My wife came and stayed several weekends with me and was also surprised at the value, the quality and the professional and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rates are already great.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank RLaRose
Reviewed 24 December 2010

Great place newly remodeled. Thanks to this Econo lodge suite hotel we could park for a week and they provided shuttle service to the airport. They were on time picking us up.
The rooms were clean and comfortable beds.
Will make this our regular spot as the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank gamecock94
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My boyfriend and I checked into this hotel because we are relocating to the Greenville area. We thought from reading the reviews that it looked like a clean place. I've worked in the hospitality business before and understand that some things cannot be helped. First we checked in really late around 10pm or later. The first room we were checked in to we had to move because the smoke detector had dying batteries and starting beeping. That wasn't that big of a deal. The second room however had a deodorizer in it. We didn't really notice the smell until the next day when we came back to the hotel. We thought it was just a smoke/musty smell. After spending three days in this room we found MOLD in the bathroom underneath the wall paper in the shower. I'm currently 6 months pregnant and wanted a clean non-stinky room due to health reasons. [Like any normal person would I suppose] We went to the front desk the next day and were asked by the staff if we wanted to move rooms. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Of course I did. The staff are unprofessional and I have yet to hear from the GM regarding this issue after being told by customer service that I would be hearing from the General Manager by Aug. 2. I called again today and spoke with yet another customer service representative and now I'm waiting for the manager above the general manager to contact me. Do not stay here unless you are willing to switch rooms and potentially have mold in your room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
mdpgm, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2010

Dear Guest:

Please accept my apologies. We tried to contact you and your husband via a cell phone number left for us at the front desk on multiple occassions. We had no luck in making contact with you. We maintain our rooms in excellent condition.

The room in question had wallpaper coming apart at a seam no more than an inch under the shower head. We have since repaired. We have have to repair such items from time to time as routine maintanance in all our hotels. "Mildew" will start establishing on the backside of wall papers as glue is a good food source . Please trust me that we have no mold issues in our hotel. All our bathrooms are ventilated very well and we use both anti fungal and anti microbial cleaners on a daily basis.

Guest safety and satisfaction are our number one priority. We are 100% satisfaction guarantee hotel. You stayed here for over a week and should have contacted us right away. It is our regert that we did not get a chance to make things right for you.

Reviewed 6 March 2010

Great value for the location. A travelling sales persons that are responsible foor their accomodations should give Microtel a try. Clean room with free breakfast (included healthy choices of fruit,, juices, oatmeal etc). The hi speed wireless made work easy at the end of the day.

Front desk staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. I will return.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RMPBannerElk
Reviewed 30 December 2008

On our way to NC from Orlando we crashed out at this hotel. Property looks dated but was clean and very comfortable.

A good breakfast for a hotel like Microtel. Friendly staff. Downtown Greenville is a great place to visit. We drove through town and were surprised to seee great restaurants in the downtown area. Visited the BMW visitors center.

Stayed: November 2008