“Pleasantly Surprised”

Econo Lodge Inn and Suites
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 25 April 2012

After staying in an Econo Lodge decades ago, I never considered staying in one again. It was not a good experience. However, when planning for a recent trip I found an excellent deal offered on this hotel. It sounded too good to be true so I headed here to check out the reviews. Based on them and the desire to save money I went ahead and booked the room for a three day stay. What a good decision! The place was very clean, comfortable, had free WI-FI and was located just off the interstate.

The breakfast was average in quality. It included sausage patties, sausage and gravy, biscuits, waffles, eggs (either hard boiled or scrambled), pastries, bagels, cereals, bananas, juices, coffee and various mixes. The one negative was that the foods were not as hot as they should have been but there was a microwave to heat the items.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
mdpgm, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking out the time to write this thoughtful review. Econolodge is now a choice Hotels brand and each everyone associated with the brand strives to provide clean, comforatble accomodations that are a great value. Please visit us again whenever your travels bring you back to Greenville, SC.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn and Suites

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Since I had never flown out of the GSP airport, I drove down from Asheville, NC the day before my flight since the flight was at 7am the next morning. Nice young lady upon check-in, room was very clean, and to my surprise they had an elevator in the lobby. I wasn't expecting this in an Econo Lodge. Great place to stay and will stay every time I fly out of GSP!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

got there early and no one would come to the front desk had to make alot of noise to get someones attention. also breakfast was not good ,they had cereal and no milk out. middle of january and had no comforters on the bed. there was a level of sheets, followed by a THIN blanket and another level of sheets. we even asked an employee who returned with some more thin like sheets instead of a blanket...in the middle of winter...we had to turn the heat all the way up. over all it served its purpose...we had a room to sleep in... glad to check out in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
mdpgm, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies. We require our frnt desk staff to be friendly and responsive to our guest needs and requests. There are times in the evenings that they may run to a room to deliver extra towels or pillows and may be briefly unavailable. Also, at our hotel we use the triplesheeting bed ensemble that has a lightweight polyester filled "iridium" blanket. We also have extra blankets available at all times. I am sorry that my staff did not respond to your request. We will discuss this issue with all our front desk agents.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed the night after a total of 28 hours in transit from Australia. IDidn't know anything about SC so specifically chose to stay because I was flying in at midnight and they offer a courtesy airport shuttle. As soon as I landed, I called the hotel and in 10 minutes, a fella by the name of JR was putting my bags in the van, opening doors for me and it was like I’d known him for years. Within five minutes, he’d dropped me off at the front desk.Taking my bags to the room for me and explaining where and when breakfast was served, JR and Terry (reception) turned turned this 3 ½ star hotel into a 5 star experience. The bed was comfortable, there was no noise, the hot breakfast is great and the wi-fi is brilliant.

For anyone traveling alone, this place is clean, safe and excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Alfred C
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The staff is reall awesome and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The room was new and everything actually worked!. The room was very clean and breakfast was better than expected. If they accept pets, I'll bring my Lab next trip. Theyhave suites but I didn't get one.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rod S
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Needed an inexpensive hotel to stay in because i had to work in this location due to my job. I only needed one nite. Didnt want to pay 100 buy i wanted the place to be clean. This was the perfwct place. I paid 52 (including tax) which is not too bad. Wish it could have been at least $10 cheaper. Anyway, the beds were clean and so was the batjroom. It served its purpose. This use to be a microtel inn and so the setup in the bedroom is the same. The lasy at the front desk the night i checked in was great. She showed the beat cusromer service i have seen in a long time. I wish i would have gotten her name so i could recognize her. She was a light skined African American. Very nice personality. They had a full free hot breakfast that wasnt too bad at all. Overall i enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I slept on 1st floor & it was quiet which is unusual for a weekend. Excellent place to rest.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank obgary
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The staff were very friendly and did everything in their power to accommodate our group. We stayed here because our soccer club had this as our designated hotel. The manager and staff bent over backwards to help us through a very busy weekend by providing snacks and drinks for the girls. It could not make up for the room. It was "okay". You could not take a bath because there was no way to plug the tub. The bathroom sink had no way to be plugged and there was a cap from a previous occupant's toothpaste lodged in the drain, too far down for me to pull out. Let's just say that the bathroom in this room needing some work. Lots of noise from the floor above as we were on the second floor. I would not stay there again unless I had to.

Room Tip: The third floor is the smoking floor. Near the interstate and lots of restaurants and businesses ne...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family