“MOLD FOUND HERE”

Ranked #42 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville, South Carolina
“MOLD FOUND HERE”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My boyfriend and I checked into this hotel because we are relocating to the Greenville area. We thought from reading the reviews that it looked like a clean place. I've worked in the hospitality business before and understand that some things cannot be helped. First we checked in really late around 10pm or later. The first room we were checked in to we had to move because the smoke detector had dying batteries and starting beeping. That wasn't that big of a deal. The second room however had a deodorizer in it. We didn't really notice the smell until the next day when we came back to the hotel. We thought it was just a smoke/musty smell. After spending three days in this room we found MOLD in the bathroom underneath the wall paper in the shower. I'm currently 6 months pregnant and wanted a clean non-stinky room due to health reasons. [Like any normal person would I suppose] We went to the front desk the next day and were asked by the staff if we wanted to move rooms. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Of course I did. The staff are unprofessional and I have yet to hear from the GM regarding this issue after being told by customer service that I would be hearing from the General Manager by Aug. 2. I called again today and spoke with yet another customer service representative and now I'm waiting for the manager above the general manager to contact me. Do not stay here unless you are willing to switch rooms and potentially have mold in your room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
mdpgm, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 13 October 2010
Dear Guest:

Please accept my apologies. We tried to contact you and your husband via a cell phone number left for us at the front desk on multiple occassions. We had no luck in making contact with you. We maintain our rooms in excellent condition.

The room in question had wallpaper coming apart at a seam no more than an inch under the shower head. We have since repaired. We have have to repair such items from time to time as routine maintanance in all our hotels. "Mildew" will start establishing on the backside of wall papers as glue is a good food source . Please trust me that we have no mold issues in our hotel. All our bathrooms are ventilated very well and we use both anti fungal and anti microbial cleaners on a daily basis.

Guest safety and satisfaction are our number one priority. We are 100% satisfaction guarantee hotel. You stayed here for over a week and should have contacted us right away. It is our regert that we did not get a chance to make things right for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Banner Elk
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Great value for the location. A travelling sales persons that are responsible foor their accomodations should give Microtel a try. Clean room with free breakfast (included healthy choices of fruit,, juices, oatmeal etc). The hi speed wireless made work easy at the end of the day.

Front desk staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. I will return.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RMPBannerElk
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 30 December 2008

On our way to NC from Orlando we crashed out at this hotel. Property looks dated but was clean and very comfortable.

A good breakfast for a hotel like Microtel. Friendly staff. Downtown Greenville is a great place to visit. We drove through town and were surprised to seee great restaurants in the downtown area. Visited the BMW visitors center.

Stayed November 2008
Greenville
Reviewed 9 January 2007

I have never stayed here simply for the fact that I called in about staying and was spoken to like a dog. I spoke with a foreign man named Paul... He was the rudest person I have spoken with. I asked for a number for another hotel...didn't know they didn't have the number...and was told "we don't have anything to do with them"....and was hung up on. I called back to speak to a manager and was againg speaking with Paul...apparently he is the manager. He said "I don't care what you think, I appriciate your coment" and again promptly hung up! I have reported them to Better Busines. I seriously hope you never stay here simply for the way you would be treated.

• Stayed January 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 July 2006

We stayed here as a stop over on our way home from Disney. We stopped to visit relatives in Greenville. We have never stayed at a Microtel before and were very surprised.

The rooms were huge, clean and and very comfortable.

We will use Microtels more often.

• Stayed June 2006
mdpgm, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2010
Dear Guest,
Please accept my personal apologies. This hotel is now under new management. We are working hard remodelling our hotel inspite of the no bank financing environment we are in. Our hotel is converting single rooms to two room suites geared fro the business traveller. We are also adding family rooms - interconnecting rooms with king and two queen beds. As fo October we will be serving a hot breakfast.
New Boston, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2006

On our way to North Carolina, we stopped here. It was not American owned. The sheets were stained, blanket had a burn hole, although this was suppose to be a non-smoking room, and a smoke smell. The bathroom could use more cleaning, the floor was dirty. The receptionist was more interested in TV than helping. Yuck.

2 Thank triprewards
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2005

Good choice for a budget traveller. Very close to the Interstate. The title "micro" tell it all low price and tiny, tiny rooms. A business traveler looking for a place to lay their head, or maybe some one just visiting family or friends and just looking for a place to sleep would be happy. But don't plan on spending much time on the room, you'll get claustrophobic -- they are small rooms. Room and bathroom was clean.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business