“Pleasantly surprised”

Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The soccer team that we were visiting in Greenville made the arrangements for us to stay at the same motel as the team: Microtel. By most standards this is a two star motel, not a place we would have chosen nor have we stayed in a two star motel for at least 30 years.

What a great place. We were so pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room, bed and cleanliness. The room was quite spacious with two queen size beds, a desk and a refrigerator. While it got great reviews in Trip Advisor we were still quite nervous about staying here.

Our nightly group rate was about $95 but when we extended our stay by one night, the rate was only $72 for that one night. That knowledge was not pleasantly received by the parents and coaches of the soccer team.

This motel is conveniently located and has plenty of free parking, free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast. If in the area, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are little mini-suites for a few dollars more.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raudetra

Reviewed 6 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel was way more than I expected. I've stayed at Microtel's before but this is hands down the nicest one I've been too. The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and spacious, and there was even complementary breakfast. I stayed for 4 nights and was very content!

1  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I arrived in Greenville early 4/23/14. On my way to venue for the week I stopped by to check on my reservation...very glad I did. Somehow either by my own doing or a digital snafu I was booked in another hotel in NC. Bilkis was the front desk manager and she handled the situation with patience and kindness. The hotel GM Brooke helped also and honored the fantastic online rate I had located.

The rooms are new, nice, comfortable, and the bed was very good. These rooms are small but efficient in layout, furnishings, and lighting. The bathroom was very nice, but water pressure and a small shower head made the morning shower adequate at best. They SHOULD upgrade this ASAP.

Microtel does not have a gym but a Holiday Inn Express is next door. If you show them your Microtel room key they give you a HIE room key for their gym to use while you are in the Microtel.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel is in the middle of retail heaven, so if you are concerned about dining options, don't be, there are three places within walking distance.

This will be my business travel hotel when my work takes me to this side of Greenville, SC

1  Thank Jimmy C
Reviewed 30 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Reviewed 29 April 2014

2  Thank Mike M
Travellers also viewed these Greenville hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood
Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
#22 of 64 in Greenville
Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville

Address: 1024 Woodruff Rd, Greenville, SC 29607-4112 (Formerly Vintel Inn & Suites)
Region: United States > South Carolina > Greenville
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#4 Best Value Hotel in Greenville
#8 Family Hotel in Greenville
#11 Romantic Hotel in Greenville
#18 Business Hotel in Greenville
Price Range: £61 - £91 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville 2*
Enjoy warm South Carolina hospitality at an affordable price at our newly renovated Microtel Inn and Suites Greenville. Located just off Interstates 85 and 385, our Greenville, SC, hotel is a short drive to historic downtown Greenville and just eight miles from Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport.Our Greenville, SC, hotel offers many handy amenities including free airport shuttle service, free wireless Internet access, guest laundry facilities, ample free large-vehicle parking and a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Rest well in your newly renovated guest room, complete with new pillow top mattresses and flat-panel TV’s, or request a room with a microwave and refrigerator for longer stays. Suites, handicapped-accessible and non-smoking rooms are also available at our Greenville, South Carolina hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Vintel Inn And Suites