“Very Good”

Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed in a ton of hotels lately due to issues at home so I'm getting pretty skilled at these reviews! I came upon the Microtel - Greenville, SC via a Priceline express deal (2-stars). The hotel is quite nice and relatively new. My only complaint is regarding room size - the room I had (queen) was extremely small. I've experienced small rooms at other Microtel properties in the past, too.

Rooms/Facility: The entire place looks pretty new. Public spaces were modern and spotless. The room I had was clean and everything was relatively new. The bed was comfortable. The TV was great and included most of the premium cable channels people like. The bathroom was clean, although it could use some more counter space. The biggest issue I have is the size of the room. There was literally 2 feet on each side of the queen bed - just enough room for side tables - and that's it. It would be borderline too small for even a couple to share the room, but fine for one person. If you plan on spending any time in your room, be aware that there is no recliner or couch to sit on, like other properties in this price range offer. There is a tiny desk and chair (more like a counter) , barely wide enough to place a laptop on. Plan to do any work lying on your bed. I did not encounter any major noise issues while staying here, although I was on the top (3rd) floor. Walking down the hall from the elevator to my room, I noticed the floor did feel/sound quite hollow and thin. So I'm sure the lower floors can hear footsteps.

Location: Excellent location, in Greenville's major retail area - adjacent to restaurants and shopping. Target is 1/8 mile away and even Cabela's is across the street. Despite the crowded area, noise was not an issue.

Service: The front desk clerk was friendly and efficient - no issues.

Misc: Excellent morning breakfast. Not as elaborate as a Hampton Inn, but definitely in the top 10% of those I've had.

Overall, the only issue I have with this Microtel is the room size. This is a perfect place if all you need is a bed and a shower. It's clean and modern. However, if you need or want to spend any sort of time in your room, I'd recommend upgrading to a suite so you can get a couch or recliner to sit in. Otherwise, you're confined to the bed. Considering the excellent location, good service, nice breakfast, and price paid, I highly recommend this place, as long as you don't mind the small rooms. (I paid about 25% less than the rate published on microtel's website thanks to priceline)

Room Tip: My queen room did not have a recliner or couch. If you plan to spend any time in your room, and need...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dave C
Nancy R, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
We are pleased to read your review on your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel and want all of our guests to feel comfortable with their stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments to us and any others that may wonder about our property. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!
Travellers also viewed these Greenville hotels
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
#22 of 64 in Greenville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood
Best Western Greenville Airport Inn
Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville
Address: 1024 Woodruff Rd, Greenville, SC 29607-4112 (Formerly Vintel Inn & Suites)
Region: United States > South Carolina > Greenville
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#3 Best Value Hotel in Greenville
#8 Family Hotel in Greenville
#11 Romantic Hotel in Greenville
#18 Business Hotel in Greenville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville 2*
Enjoy warm South Carolina hospitality at an affordable price at our newly renovated Microtel Inn and Suites Greenville. Located just off Interstates 85 and 385, our Greenville, SC, hotel is a short drive to historic downtown Greenville and just eight miles from Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport.Our Greenville, SC, hotel offers many handy amenities including free airport shuttle service, free wireless Internet access, guest laundry facilities, ample free large-vehicle parking and a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Rest well in your newly renovated guest room, complete with new pillow top mattresses and flat-panel TV’s, or request a room with a microwave and refrigerator for longer stays. Suites, handicapped-accessible and non-smoking rooms are also available at our Greenville, South Carolina hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Vintel Inn And Suites