“Outstanding Service”

Red Roof Inn Greenville
Ranked #49 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I made a reservation, (I wanted a room to watch NFL Playoff games). I arrived early, room not ready. Maggie at front desk took my phone number. A couple hours later she called, I went back and checked in. Arrived at my room and they were setting up a new flat screen TV.
The entire staff is outstanding...Friendly, efficient and professional.
The room is tidy and comfortable. The cable channels are a bit skimpy....local channels, a few ESPN and a couple HBO. Could use some expansion. I was working in the room so some extra options would have been nice.
The location is great, tucked right off the Interstate for convenience, but isolated from local traffic so fairly quiet...A nice situation. Overall a very nice for the price motel.

Room Tip: I booked online through Entertainment.com for 15% off.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheDict8or
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

We greatly appreciate your Business and the great review . Hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was the worst hotel on our whole trip, which included two rental cabins and seven hotels. They had very little in the way of amenities, a reidiculously unappealing clientele, and everything seemed to be broken. They had one woman on duty at a time, except for housekeepers, and everyone wanted this poor woman for something because everything was kaput or missing. There was a nice dog walk area, and at night, although people stood around all day outside smoking, and all kinds of pimped out vehicles came and went, it was quiet. The property was neither clean nor well-maintained. The rooms were good enough that we didn't feel the need to leave. But we were glad to get out all the same!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different motel!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eslbee
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We have stayed at this motel several times. I always make a reservation several days in advance. Every time, without fail, our room is never ready. The check-in time according to the website, is 1:00 PM. We have arrived at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and the room is never ready. Today we waited until 4:00 PM. The receptionist at the front desk called the housekeeper to make sure the room was ready, because she knows she has had to turn us away numerous times before. I heard the conversation she had with housekeeping, as the receptionist had the phone on speaker. Housekeeping informed the receptionist that all the rooms on the backside of her building were ready as well as a couple on the front side of the building. In other words, our room was supposed to be ready. I finished checking in, and proceeded to go to my room. When we got to our room, the door was standing open, and the bed unmade. I immediately called the front desk and informed the receptionist that our room was NOT ready. I was told that they were sorry, but they did not have another room like this one to put us in. I informed her that we would wait, & she proceeded to call housekeeping to get them to finish the room. It didn't take 10 minutes. The reason I am writing this review is this: WHY, if the check-in time is 1:00 PM, how can the rooms not be ready at 1:00? If you know that you have a reservation of this room, that someone is coming in and expects it to be ready at the 1:00 PM time, why can this room not be ready. This happens every time we stay here, and we stay here quite often. I understand if the former occupants have left a grand mess, or were slow in leaving, but the check-out time is 11:00 AM. From 11 to 4 is 5 hours. Does it take 5 hours to get a room ready? This is unacceptable. It is now 5:30 PM, and there are still housekeepers working to get rooms ready. Something needs to be done about this problem. No one has even offered to discount our stay seeing as we are repeat customers, and this happens EVERY time we stay here. Everyone is always sorry, but sorry doesn't get the room ready on time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Judith M
Reviewed 4 November 2013

OK, The price is right. BUT.. The room I ended up in has a peeling ceiling above the heat register, the A/C is coming off the wall, The shower curtain was so short that you end up flooding the floor. The microwave worked but only if you punched the button for automatic presets, Kinda a party place, had people knocking on the door looking for prior guests..Kinda creepy. The pictures of the lobby are accurate.. Best spot in the whole place. The rest must have been taken right after they built the place. If you only care about price, this might work for you. Oh, one last thing. The place is almost impossible to find. Hidden off the freeway, A GPS will be NO HELP...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Oppius I
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Overall, I was pretty happy with my stay at Red Roof. I just needed a clean hotel to get some sleep before I finished my long drive to Kansas. The hotel has been updated with new carpet and paint and the internet worked well. I was long gone before breakfast so I didn't try it. Also, the price was right at a little over $55.The evening checkin attendant was super nice and gave me a good room in a quite location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Buzz W
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Filthy sheets with many large spots impossible to miss. Couldnt tell if old stains or last night's bodily fluids?! Took pics with my phone because it was so unbelievable I didnt think woman working front desk would believe me. This doesnt mention the big chunks of ceiling that were peeling off (leak?) above nightstand. Or the window in room next to mine that someonwe smashed awhile ago and someone had added a piece or two of duct tape, which is not half off. Overall the feeling is shabby.

I also found it hard to communicate with front desk rep. At 10pm with a security guard just around the corner, she was locked behind thick glass. To talk to her you have to bend down and yell through the little slot paper is passed through, over the din of a noisy icemaker a few feet away. There is no intercom. It raised some questions about how safe the area is if the rep is walled off even with security standing earshot away.

The good news is the front desk was sympathetic when I showed her the fluid marks on the sheet. She apologized and promptly moved me. But at almost 70, this is a terrible value. Usually this company has bit better quality.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank funchy_crunchy
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

I am very sorry that we could not meet your expectations on your recent visit to our hotel , and you encountered cleanliness and room condition issues. Please be assured that we have taken corrective actions to address these issues. We do use the night window for late night check-ins, although we are a safe location it is a sense of security for our staff. Thank you for your patronage and you will visit us again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Don't follow GPS instructions - they are useless because access road has changed. Watch for very small Red Roof signs along street after exiting Interstate. We stayed two times about one week apart. Motel is pet friendly with ample grass for walking pets, but watch out for a few fire ant mounds. Had one room that was handicap-accessible, and one business room. Both were recently renovated and very clean. Bed was quite comfortable. Air conditioner units worked OK, but are noisy, old, and do not remove moisture very well. Dealt with four different staff members at front desk during our stays. All were pleasant, courteous, and helpful with local dining information and directions. Free wifi in room. No breakfast, but price was right for the property. Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Expect noise from Interstate if you get room on front sides of either building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I am truely sorry that we are hard to find , the city and the SC DOT closed our entrance about three years ago, and the new entarance has not made it on google maps yet. I appreciate your business greatly and hope you will visit us again . Please be assured we have addressed the noisy A/C issue. Thank you very much for your review