This is a beautiful property in quaint downtown Greenville, walking distance from everything you would want. The hotel has that old charm feel to it. Reception and bell staff are very courteous and the food quality is excellent.
The one area where this hotel is lacking is housekeeping. We were several people in a group that stayed for 10 days and everyone was frustrated by the same issues, so it is not a one time issue but rather a general problem.
To begin with, rooms are not vacuumed daily. We would all come back to our rooms to find that they had not been vacuumed and the bathroom floors had not been cleaned. The vanity in my bathroom was not cleaned twice. Housekeeping would take away used towels and forget to replace them, so you were left with just a couple of towels. They would leave three or four new soaps each day, but no shampoo. If I left a bottle of water in my room, when I came back it was gone. If I used a glass to drink, they would take it away and not replace it, so nothing to drink in.
The A/C thermostat in my room was at 68 degrees and the room was barely cool. My friends complained that the a/c in their rooms were not working properly either and that their rooms were extremely humid, which thankfully was not the case in mine.
Walls are very thin and you can hear everything from the room next door and from the hallways. Housekeeping knocks on every door every morning and I could hear them doing this at the other side of the hallway from inside my room.
If Management trains their housekeeping staff and is able to fix these issues, then this would be a very nice hotel to stay in, but as it is now, I find that I cannot recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 4-diamond hotel in Greenville, our downtown location puts you in a great spot for exploring the city. Onsite, we have over 10,000 sq ft of event space, perfect for all types of occasions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Starwood, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Poinsett, Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Poinsett, Greenville Hotel Greenville
- Westin Poinsett Greenville
- Poinsett Hotel Greenville Sc
- Westin Greenville
- Greenville Westin