“Nice Hotel, Housekeeping not very good”

The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Miami Beach, Florida
“Nice Hotel, Housekeeping not very good”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a beautiful property in quaint downtown Greenville, walking distance from everything you would want. The hotel has that old charm feel to it. Reception and bell staff are very courteous and the food quality is excellent.
The one area where this hotel is lacking is housekeeping. We were several people in a group that stayed for 10 days and everyone was frustrated by the same issues, so it is not a one time issue but rather a general problem.
To begin with, rooms are not vacuumed daily. We would all come back to our rooms to find that they had not been vacuumed and the bathroom floors had not been cleaned. The vanity in my bathroom was not cleaned twice. Housekeeping would take away used towels and forget to replace them, so you were left with just a couple of towels. They would leave three or four new soaps each day, but no shampoo. If I left a bottle of water in my room, when I came back it was gone. If I used a glass to drink, they would take it away and not replace it, so nothing to drink in.
The A/C thermostat in my room was at 68 degrees and the room was barely cool. My friends complained that the a/c in their rooms were not working properly either and that their rooms were extremely humid, which thankfully was not the case in mine.
Walls are very thin and you can hear everything from the room next door and from the hallways. Housekeeping knocks on every door every morning and I could hear them doing this at the other side of the hallway from inside my room.
If Management trains their housekeeping staff and is able to fix these issues, then this would be a very nice hotel to stay in, but as it is now, I find that I cannot recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms as they tend to be less noisy
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 22travelMB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Simpsonville
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We recently celebrated a multi-year high school reunion at the Westin Poinsett in beautiful Downtown Greenville, SC. Thanks to Rachel and the entire staff of the Westin Poinsett for helping to make our night a great success. The food was delicious, too. Whatever we needed, the staff was there to make sure we had it. They even came to help with our check-in process if we needed it. Since I was one of the planners of the event, I cannot tell you how much easier they made my life. I would highly recommend this venue for your next event. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I attended a friends wedding reception at this venue and was very pleased with the level of service. From walking into the door the staff was very helpful. They made sure we knew exactly which room our even was in. I even had one offer to lead us to the right destination. The service only got better from there. The food was delicious and the servers were very friendly and made sure that we had everything that we needed in a timely manner. I look forward to the next time I return to this hotel because of the excellent level of service I received.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Attended a wedding reception at the hotel and the service was great and friendly, location and banquet rooms were ideal and food was great. Our server went out of her way to help us and personally showed us to the right place, got us drinks that weren't offered, and made it a great night. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Dick, California
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Only six parking spots for arrival checkin / checkout... all FULL with unattended vehicles all the time. Four concierge staff standing around doing nothing do not care unless customer pays them $18.. Parking garage too far from hotel. Must double park on street to check into hotel then $6 extra-charge parking garage card did not work in machine. Made three trips in wheelchair back-and-forth from street / parking garage to hotel desk. The six spots were all full of unattended cars upon check-out. When asked "WHY?" the concierge shrugged shoulders. Extra-charge parking card did not work upon checking out either! Had to back up, re-park, unload wheelchair, wheel through garage, up elevator, through bank, into hotel to desk. The Westin is a lovely old hotel but guest service and especially senior/handicap service is a total FAILURE.

Room Tip: NOT for Seniors or Handicapped!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank M H
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear guest,
Allow me to sincerely apologize for the lack of service that you have received. The Poinsett team has a great reputation for excellent service and the occurrence that you described has been fully investigated and followed up on. Again, my heart felt apologies. Thank you
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Location on Main street, can walk to all the bars and restaurants, Starwood has spent millions on the refurbishment and it shows. Excellent service and wonderful staff. Had a room with a their heavenly bed and it WAS!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Our stay at the Westin downtown Greenville, SC was wonderful. The room was spacious and the decor was very warm and inviting. The king bed was comfortable and the linen was sooo cozy!!
The Concierge was excellent very knowledgeable, she gave excellent recommendations for entertainment and restaurants; she was also very friendly, and outgoing! From the time we checked in until we checked out the entire staff was professional, friendly and very helpful. We definitely will stay at this location again!!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple