“Great place to stay in Greenville”

The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
nj
“Great place to stay in Greenville”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The hotel is centrally located and everything is walkable from here. The hotel is comfortable with nice amenities and the staff is pleasant and helpful. I would certainly stay here again. I valet parked my car. I later realized there is public parking across the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank teejay86
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Teejay,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit. We will be more thorough pointing out city parking facilities for your next time, as well as self parking options in our adjacent garage. Thank you for complimenting our staff. We sincerely appreciate it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I first visited this hotel when I attended a conference there back in 2003. I recently stayed at the hotel in October for a wedding and was pleased to see that the hotel is still as luxurious, well maintained and impressive as it was ten years ago. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. They were able to give us directions to a few places around town (including the wedding venue) and offered to arrange transportation for us (we opted to walk instead- everything we needed was within walking distance and the weather was quite nice). There is plenty of on-site parking and there are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops right around the corner (including an awesome Anthropologie). The hotel is a little bit pricey but definitely not outrageous for the level of comfort and service you will undoubtedly receive. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Thank you, Westin Poinsett! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michelle_p630
Dear Michelle,
I am glad to hear that your stay was as good today as it was in 2003. We invite you to visit again before ten years passes and we promise to do our best to meet, and even exceed, your experience from 2013. Thank you for all the nice compliments; we very much look forward to welcoming you back
Reviewed 21 November 2013

In the heart of downtown Greenville, SC an exceptional location to begin with and having all the conveniences the City has to offer. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, as the staff goes out of their way to accommodate you.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room with a view
2 Thank MillionaireBill
Dear Bill,
Thank you for giving such a great recommendation. As they say…..location, location, location…, but we are pleased that you added “service” to that list. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your nice words.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had a great weekend at the hotel and many thanks for all the extra touches to make our stay memorable. The staff was outstanding and made the whole family feel special. From the time we pulled up to the front door until we left, the staff was always willing to help and provide local recommendations for activities and dining. Staff even went the extra mile on Saturday and Sunday morning to open the breakfast buffet early so my son could eat before his swim meet! Thanks and we will stay there next time we are in town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joe G
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Joe, it is great to hear that our team took such great care of you and your family. Having a good breakfast before a swim meet is a must; and I am glad we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to having you back either for another meet or just a casual family get away. Best regards.
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I recently attended a conference at this hotel, and I was very impressed with the level of service. The staff were always visible and proactive in making sure everyone had what they needed and/or knew where they were going. The food was excellent - way above my expectations, and my expectations were high. The meeting rooms were just the right size for the size of the audience, and all of the technology worked without a hitch. The hotel is really beautiful and the decor in general is really well-done.

2 Thank Jannilu
Dear guest:
Thank you for your feedback regarding our level of service, the food and the overall hotel décor. Our two ballrooms and several break out rooms provide the perfect space for many size conferences. I am very pleased to hear that it fit your needs so well. Thank you again for your nice review.
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights while on a business trip. When I first checked in, both Daniel and Alison at the front desk were extremely helpful matching my room preferences and informing me of the local places to eat and drink during my stay. Later that night they helped plan my transportation for the next morning and even lent me an umbrella to take with me on my walk around town while it was raining. I usually dread dealing with hotel staff, but I could not have been happier with my treatment at this hotel. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. I will be sure to stay here in all of my future visits to Greenville.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the top floors are more quiet, try to get a hotel overlooking the downtown strip
1 Thank Wfbaker
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear guest,
We sincerely appreciate your terrific review of the hotel and your compliments about the two members of our Front Office Team, Daniel and Allison. Service is very important to us and I am very pleased to hear that we fulfilled your expectations. Comfortable beds and clean rooms are crucial to a hotel’s success, so we will make sure to keep it this way for your next visit, which will hopefully be soon
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Enjoyed staying here while in town for kids swim meet. Ate at in house restaurant...Stephen & Lucy were amazing at keeping a large group satisfied, well fed and "hydrated"...even kept the restaurant open for us. Great spot in middle of downtown

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Brad S
Dear Brad,
Swim meets are exciting events and feeding these young athletes correctly is crucially important. I am glad to hear that our team looked after you and helped prepare for their best performance. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you so much!