“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Florida
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We adore this hotel. Just the right balance of comfort and charm. The atmosphere is beautiful and the beds are SO comfortable. But it is the staff that make it truly special. The concierge, Janice Smith, is a gem. She is the heart of the hotel and the most welcoming and delightful part of our trip every time. Such a wonderful stay. Can't wait to be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Westin Poinsett! We are delighted you enjoyed the historic charm of our hotel as well as the Heavenly Beds which the Westin is so well known for. Janice was thrilled to learn how helpful she was during your stay. Our staff strives to make sure every visit is special, and we cannot wait to welcome you back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Shanghai Region, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Westin is right smack in the middle of downtown Greenville. The building is beautiful and all the employees were extremely helpful. The rooms are very nice and clean, with a super comfy bed. Also, the toiletries are of good quality. There is Starbucks and Tzai tea in the room.

Just note that the shuttle to the airport does not run all the time. I had an early morning flight (7:00 a.m. departure), and had to have the front desk call the night before for a cab. It was $22.00 to get to the airport. Also, at that early in the a.m. (5:15), there are no bellboys working, so a security guard brought me a trolley to take my luggage down to check-out. He brought me the trolley, I had to pack it up and push it to the elevator/front desk.

Room Tip: I had a room right next to the elevator and ice machine. As it was a Friday night, I could hear the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Poinsett! It’s nice to hear how much you enjoyed our “Heavenly Beds” which Westin is so well known for. We are excited that you took pleasure in our “Feel Well” line of in room amenities. They are an essential part of the Westin Live Well: Be Well experience. Your comments about your departure experience are taken seriously and have been followed up on with our Night Team. Thank you again for your generous review and high rating. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was able to block a set number of rooms for our wedding without commitment to them up to one month prior to wedding. Somers Maky was excellent. Very responsive. Continual updates on reservations. Very easy to coordinate gift bags for guest rooms. Quick follow up after event.
Could not be more pleased. Our guests said that their rooms were great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
First of all: Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you choosing the Westin Poinsett for your guests! We love hosting all types of social events and weddings are always at the top of the list. Somers was excited to hear how much you appreciated her work during your planning process. We look forward to hosting all of you again next time you are in town! Our best wishes to you!
Wilmette
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Spacious comfortable room nicely furnished. We had a corner room that was exceptionally bright with a view of the Smoky Mountains. Staff was excellent. Striking lobby was beautifully restored. Nice bar. Terrific breakfast. There is a good restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Mountain View
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Poinsett! We also believe in starting the day with a terrific breakfast, that’s why we have our Eat Well: Superfoods program, an important Westin initiative. We hope it gave you the boost you needed to explore our four diamond hotel and the beautiful city of Greenville with its award winning downtown. Thank you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband and I were in town for weekend activities at Furman, and once again stayed at the Poinsett in the heart of downtown Greenville. As a participant in the Historic Hotels of America program with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the Poinsett has all the features of a well-appointed, classic hotel with the comfortable amenities and helpful staff anticipated with the designation. Best of all, one can just walk out the hotel entrance and walk the streets and pathways of Greenville's fantastic reimagined downtown.

Room Tip: Room 409 is a suite with a comfortable sitting room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your flattering review of our historic, four-diamond hotel…the only one in the Upstate! It is wonderful to hear that our classic southern charm coupled with our modern, comfortable amenities is the perfect combination. I am glad you were able to experience the joy of downtown Greenville while visiting Furman University. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you many more years at the Westin Poinsett!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Westin for a relaxing birthday weekend. The staff were extremely welcoming and professional, the room was impeccable, and the service was excellent. When visiting Greenville, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was very impressed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lauren,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Poinsett to celebrate your birthday weekend! We definitely enjoy celebrating special occasions, be it birthdays, anniversaries or wedding receptions in one of our two grand ballrooms. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the “impeccable” room and that you found the service to be excellent. We look forward to hosting you again during your next stay in Greenville! Thank you for your kind words!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is my third stay at the Westin Poinsett and certainly not my last. Having stayed in many of the hotels in Greenville, I have found this to be my favorite. My daughter is a first year student at Furman University and I travel on a regular basis to see her (sometimes without my husband). When by myself, I still feel safe staying at the Poinsett as the front staff (Jason in particular) always remembers me by name. The in room dining staff (Megan) even remembers some of my special requests at breakfast and brings them when I forgot to ask! That not only makes me feel special but also makes me feel that I am an "authentic guest". Dru saw to all my reservation needs and made sure my room was quiet, snug and cozy since I have "mommy ears" and can hear everyone walking up and down the halls. I always slept quietly and don't hear a thing! I couldn't ask for more and will be back in the next few weeks.
Thank you Westin Poinsett.

Room Tip: Suites have a door between you and the hall if you want extra quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kimmiecolumbiasc
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoy each stay with us at the Westin Poinsett and that our staff takes such special care of you! It pleases me to hear you feel safe, comfortable and cozy when staying with us and that you are able to rest easy in our “Westin Heavenly Beds”! Additionally, Jason, Megan and Dru were thrilled to hear about your compliments. Thank you for making us your favorite hotel in town. Congratulations on your daughter’s University choice; we sincerely hope to see you many more times over the next three years.