“Wonderful evening!”

Greenville History Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Greenville
More attraction details
Owner description: Our selection of tours includes: $45pp At the Chef's Table culinary tour (3 hrs); walking; 5 restaurants $39pp Greenville BBQ Trail tour (2.25 hrs); driving; 3 restaurants $15pp Downtown Driving Tour (1 hr) $20pp Historic Neighborhoods & Architecture tour (1.5 hrs); driving $12 West End Walking tour (1 hr); walking $39 Greenville Breakfast tour (2 hrs); driving; 3 restaurants (coming summer 2017)
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Thank you, John, for a wonderful evening of history and delicious food from five great restaurants in beautiful downtown Greenville! I highly recommend this culinary treat for anyone who loves history and great food. I plan to take my friends on this tour when they come visit me this spring when all the flowers and trees will be in bloom downtown!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

John was very well versed in Greenville history and had photos to share of the stops along the way to compare and contrast the Greenville of today with the Greenville of yesterday. He was very good with the girls who are ages 7-8 and they were very much engaged in what he had to say. Adults found it very interesting also!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've been a big fan of Greenville History Tours' food tour for years, and this new Southern Foods attraction is more to love. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening than with people who love food and love Greenville. Thanks, Greenville History Tours, for pouring your heart for food and for our fair city into another fabulous tour.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a fantastic tour - no matter if you've lived in Greenville your whole life, are new to the area or are just visiting, it's a great way to spend an afternoon. The history you learn about both the city of Greenville and the restaurants you visit is very interesting. Not to mention the food is amazing! You get a LOT of food for your money and will leave with a full belly and happy taste-buds :) My favorite was the Pecan Tarte with homemade Bourbon Ice Cream and Pumpkin Spice Martini at Breakwater -- PERFECT way to end the tour!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I hired John to take a small group of us on a walking tour before a weekend conference we were attending. I knew we would never get outside during the conference so we scheduled to meet John the morning before. What an amazing city. And what an amazing tour guide we had. John showed us photos of Greenville's past and gave us a narrative of it's revitalization and what's in store for the future. I could have walked around all day. Greenville is an amazing town and you should take a tour with John to find out just how interesting it really is. He made the city come alive for us. Thank you John. We feel like the lucky few who got to see your town up close and personal. I, for one, am richer for it.