“Shut the lights off”
Review of Motel 6 Greenville

Motel 6 Greenville
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Motel 6 Greenville
Ranked #59 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My wife & myself stayed @ a motel 6 in Greenville South Carolina. It was TERIBLE !! smelled like urine in hallway, cigarette butts in the stairway, Burn holes in bed spread .Brown stains on both sheets. Hair on pillows. Bathroom sink didn't work. People yelling in the hallway all night. No remote for the TV. NEVER AGAIN !!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 24ChristopherB
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Greenville

Reviewed 8 November 2011

So I just want to say that for $29+tax for one person, it's hard to beat if you just want a no-frills experience. But it really was no-frills. I don't know if it's Motel 6 standard or not because I've never stayed at one before this place, but there wasn't an alarm clock or a shampoo bottle in my room which was kind of disappointing. People at the desk seemed nice enough.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Worst motel 6 in the country. 2 non-smoking rooms smelled strongly of smoke, carpet is more stained than the floor at my mechanic, paint peeling from walls, bed remade but already slept in, bathroom door had a huge hole through it, gang activity in the parking lot. Total dump.
Lots of other motels nearby - choose one of them instead.

• Stayed: January 2011
3  Thank JackOfMany
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Cockroaches on the ceiling, a carpet that looked as if something horrible happened there some time ago, shabby looking beds, linen with old stains. 'nuff said, it doesn't get much worse than that and the next motel can't be that far away.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Frunobulax
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Horrible stay overall.hotel is on the worst side of town and right next to 85 where they were doing roadwork all night.a lot of prostitutes and drug dealers/addicts were staying here,made me very uncomfortable to even leave my car in the parking lot.the room was gross,non smoking smelled of stale smoke anyways,door had been busted down and was not very secure,tv had about ten channels and there were used condoms behind the bed.ciggarette burns in the sheets and maid told me they don't wash the comforters but twice weekly,mine reeked of sweat.found hair in the bed and dirty floor,dirty shower and toliet.when I left the next morning I was 5 mins late leaving and I had a man come knocking and yelling if I wasn't out in 5 he'd call the police.I told him to give me one second to get my things together and I assume he didn't hear me,as he tried to bust in my door.thank god the top lock was fastened.he begam screaming and cussing and when I drove up to the office to speak with the front desk,she just starred as he came inside cussing and screaming even more.I never could contact the manager.place needs to be shut down or remodeled.worst hotel experience ever.pretty sure the maids are illegal also considering they cannot speak or understand basic english.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank dylankb
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Staying at the Motel 6 in Greenville, SC was one of the worst motel/hotel stays in my entire life. When we first arrived, nearly midnight, we noticed the motel was in a sketchy area, with a police officer driving around the parking lot to keep an eye on things. When we checked into our room, I noticed there weren't enough towels for my family of 3 to take a shower. So at midnight, I had to call to the front desk to request for more towels. Unfortunately, we had to wait a little longer to receive them, because all the towels they had on hand were in the dryer drying.

Once we received the towels, I then proceeded to give my son a bath. However, after pulling back the shower curtain, I noticed that the bathtub was filthy. It looked as though the shower hadn't been cleaned in a while, because there was mold/mildew on the caulking, soap scum in the tub, etc. So I proceeded to put my son's Crocs on his feet and just gave him a shower.

During the night, it was kind of hard to sleep, because the air conditioning unit was really loud. Whenever it would cut-on, it would wake me from my sleep.

We also had a pet with us. The motel room didn't seem too pet-friendly, as our cat was able to hide IN the boxspring itself. My husband had to lift the mattress the next morning, in order to remove our cat from the boxspring. Upon lifting up the mattress, we were both horrified with what we saw. We noticed absolutely disgusting stains on the underside of the mattress. In my opinion, those stains could be a health code violation...
Had we seen that the night before, I would have requested my money back and just slept in our vehicles for the night...

I would NEVER recommend this motel to my worst enemy...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank usnchk
Reviewed 11 April 2009

Firstly, this place is a little tricky to find, so definitely check the directions on the website before you set off.

Basically, you get what you pay for. Forty bucks gets a decent sized room, it's clean and well presented. Sure, the decor is a bit faded and the bed spread is a bit rough, but that pricing doesn't buy elegance. From what I saw, the clientele seemed fine, and the hotel staff were nice and friendly. Only slight irritation was paying three dollars for internet, but with the cheap room rate this wasn't the end of the world.

For a cheap place to stay, this fits the bill,

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank floydroad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn Millenium
Rodeway Inn Millenium
#47 of 64 in Greenville
Best Western Plus Greenville South

Been to Motel 6 Greenville? Share your experiences!