“Skip It” 1 of 5 bubbles

Grille 33
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The best burger in the Upstate. Maybe the best burger in South Carolina or even the entire southeast.Grille 33 has won People's Choice Award at Fall for Greenville two years in a row followed up by The Best Burger in the Upstate for Metro Magazine. Try the Down South tacos, the Sammy doughnut burger or some Shrimp and Grits. We Have many gluten free items and an incredible staff that can't wait to serve you!Amanda and Jay work together as a husband and wife team! You might find our 16 year old serving you, our 6 year old greeting you at the door or our 1 year trying to eat your french fries :) Thanks for supporting locally owned businesses and for giving us an opportunity to serve you.
Greenville, South Carolina
“Skip It”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We decided to stop in for dinner on Saturday night, May 10. When we arrived there was hardly anyone in the restaurant (6:45 pm), which should've told us something. Hardly anything in Greenville has zero wait at that time on a Saturday night. We ordered and waited. The fried pickle appetizer came out hot & fairly quickly. Then we waited about 45 minutes with no explanation as to why our food was taking so long. Finally the server, (with a straight face) stopped by to ask if everything was alright. We told her no, that we'd like our food. She said the kitchen was backed up, because the restaurant was "so busy," even though by this time it was barely half full. We expressed our disappointment, but she said the kitchen was working as fast as possible. About 10 minutes later we finally got our food. My daughter's medium steak was tough due to sitting under heat lamps, and my coleslaw was warm (ew). My son's shrimp & grits was such a small portion it wasn't even close to being worth the $16 we paid for it. We left hungry and unsatisfied (and went to get ice cream somewhere else). No manager ever stopped by to apologize at any point during our visit, which means there has to be a lack of communication between the wait staff and management. I didn't even see a managerial presence the entire time we were there.

This was our second visit to Grille 33 (the first was at the downtown location, and I didn't love the food then because the fried chicken tasted like it had been pre-fried and reheated. It had that cold grease taste). I was hoping the move from downtown had changed things, but I'm sad to say we didn't have a great experience this time, either. For the $100 we paid ($86 plus tip) we could've had a far superior experience at City Range across the parking lot. Grille 33 will not last if they don't seriously fix these problems.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank IPlanD1sneyTrips

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but could be great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My son and I went for lunch. Food was good but service was o soooo slow. Only a few other tables were occupied so it can't be blamed for being too busy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Just THAT good...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Dang. Yes, it's true... Channel 33 is the center of the known universe for incredible food, at incredible prices, with an incredible mission... selflessness. ALL profit goes to support music.

ZERO ego from the staff... how refreshing, it's about YOU not them.

There was such good energy in the food from all the good energy of the people working there. The food truly was incredible, simple, but incredible. The burgers were some of the best I've ever had, nothing from the Meatrix. The veggies were local, fresh, and cooked to perfection... warm, with some crunch still there.

I get to Greenville every now and again and each time I try to discover new places within walking distance of my hotel. I will continue to do so on my next visit... but I could be happy having every meal I consume while in Greenville and this unassuming restaurant. They are great!

• Visited August 2013
Kingstree, South Carolina, United States
“Wonderful people and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We tried this restaurant because it was close to our hotel and were not disappointed! Best burger, other than my own, I've had in a long time. The owners were absolutely wonderful. They lent us an umbrella since we got caught in a storm. I went back two days later for lunch and the chicken and waffles were divine!

Visited July 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Awesome place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is great for several reasons:
1) It is run by a non-profit that supports local music for all ages
2) Plenty if sidewalk seating
3) Located across from the Hyatt Plaza, which has music during warmer months
4) Attentive staff
5) cheap bottled beer
6) Prompt and attentive staff
7) Got to try the doughnut buger. May not like it, but certainly unique.
The only downside is a limited menu, but that usually makes what is available better quality.

• Visited April 2013