“Delicious fast Japanese food!”
Review of Joy of Tokyo

Joy of Tokyo
Ranked #208 of 906 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: I would like to review several of their locations. I have recently visited their restaurant at 6220 N. Pleasantbug Dr and their location at 15 Pelham Rd, A.
Greenville, South Carolina
“Delicious fast Japanese food!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been to walk in Japanese restaurants before but Joy of Tokyo is the best I have ever had! The food is consistent and the service is great. The owner/management are top notch. I highly recommend visiting any of their locations in the Greenville/Simpsonvlle area.

• Visited June 2014

“Visited the one in cherrydale”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

my family and I walked in and the guy with black hair and black facial hair just starred at us. He didn't ask us what we wanted to order. The food prices are kinda high I mean jumbo shrimp are supposed to be big right??? Staff was kinda rude and food was average

Center Point, IA.
“Wish we had one in our town”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food is good/very good. The staff is friendly. I had the scallops and shrimp, it was very good and was tasty. The price was reasonable it was around $10. Worth the cost.

This place had a window where you could watch the cook prepare your meal. While we were eating he let down his guard and was eating an apple between orders. Not only was this unappetizing but unsanitary. The cook needs to remember he is on view and conduct himself as such. The dining room, very plain, but clean, is bused readily and ready for service. The customer has to pick up their own utensils in preparation for their "dinner plate" to be delivered to the table.

• Visited August 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good food, good portions”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I went for the first time.There was only one other table of customers. It didn't take long to get our food- maybe 10 minutes. The fried dumplings were overcooked, and the sauce was refrigerator cold. Soon the sauce was room temperature though before the appetizer got cold. The hibachi chicken and rice was tasty and plentiful- enough for two people. The tempura vegetables were also plentiful but had too much batter. The vegetables were cooked just right. The white sauce was good and thick, not watery like you see at other Japanese restaurants. I would go back.

• Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Quick and cheap”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Close to my office, and always very quick in and out service. Prices are the lowest around for decent Japanese food. Self service on the sauces, if you dine in which is nice.

• Visited February 2013