“Dinner for two”

Southern Culture Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #50 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner for two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great atmosphere. Excellent service. large helpings. Would go again. Went early to beat the crowd.
Easy in and out parking.

• Visited June 2014
General M, Manager at Southern Culture Kitchen and Bar, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Wow we like hearing you had a great dining experience. Come back and enjoy our Sunday Supper every Sunday. Served Family Style :)

“Southern Comfort with a Twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you get tired of the same ole same ole, you will love this place! Every time we go they have added something new while still keeping our favorites! Even though they were serving a Brunch Menu on Sunday we asked if my daughter could order off the menu, their infamous Pimento Cheese Burger. They said of course and the sweetest savory sweet potato fries were here side. The beef brisket tacos ladled with a tangy mustard bbq sauce, corn and bean salsa and a mound of crisp cole slaw are to die for! The hardest part is to try and get out of the place and not order the warm banana pudding served up in a mason jar. SC pays attention to detail and that's why its one of our favorite restaurants. Free live entertainment just compliments it all!

• Visited May 2014
Mansfield, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a baby shower in the wine room and the experience was wonderful. The service was exceptional and the food was very good and unique. The appetizers easily served 3-4 people each and the entrees were delicious. This is a charming restaurant with "out of the ordinary" menu items that definitely have a southern flair. The staff was engaging and pleasant to work with in planning our event and the service could not have been better and we had a group of 18. I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed with this restaurant and they also have live music on certain days.

• Visited May 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“wow, Blown away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've always enjoyed brunch in the Greenville area but it's been years since I've been blown away with food and service like this. From the friendly atmosphere and service to the exquisite food, there wasn't a single moment where I had to ask for anything as all my needs were anticipated. The servers, chefs and owners are all very friendly and there is even live music to supplement your meal. Even though the place stays open an hour past the traditional 2pm brunch cutoff time, I felt like I would've moved in if they let me. Try the French Toast!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Antonio C
Atlanta, GA
“I'm always wary when the word "Bar" is in the title...................”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We picked this out looking for comfort food while passing through Greenville, but not wanting to eat "on the highway". We drove through several nice neighborhoods to get there, but then transitioned through an industrial area. I began questioning the wisdom of the choice. But, we popped out on a major road, and pulled into a very nice, newer shopping center.

All I can say is, this is a gem of a restaurant. All of our main courses were very good. The fried chicken was cooked to perfection-hot, moist, with a great crispy skin. Fried green tomatoes-very good and with a nice kick. Burger was great, fries were perfect. The only downfall was the slaw accompanying the fried chicken-lifeless and dull. The fried chicken was also accompanied by a side of "jalapeno jelly". It wasn't the consistency of jelly-more like thin syrup. I ended up pouring it on the slaw and it helped both items. But this is a minor point.

I would heartily recommend this place. Great food, and our server was outstanding. She was there to actually take care of us-in practice and by her own admission. I would caution that this is a somewhat higher end establishment, and the prices reflect this.

By the way, I think the "Bar" part kicks in after 10:00 pm.

• Visited April 2014