“Trustworthy with your body and your personal property”
Review of River Falls Spa

River Falls Spa
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I'd planned on drafting a positive review of this spa but recent events have motivated me to do so sooner than later and to speak on more than the services they offer. I am a Greenville citizen, and in light of a recent death in my immediate family, my work colleagues purchased me a gift certificate for this spa. I was having a "down" weekend and I was going out on a limb getting out of the house for a massage. The venue is tucked away in an enchanting way and as soon as I entered Kathy at the desk made me feel like I was literally the only customer they had. I've been to more pricey spas that didn't even leave me feeling this way. Although my appointment was late in the day, I was treated like they had all the time in the world for me. They had a name tag on my locker with my name and a little graphic--it was comforting. My masseuse was Amy-she was my style and knew what she was doing. She went above and beyond. We talked about my neck issues, she answered questions I had on her take on different approaches to pain and treatment and exercises to help my problems. She spoke with me when I wanted to talk, but did not push it when I simply wanted silence. THAT is what I needed. We also talked about a rare form of psoriasis I had, and things I can do to help minimize flare ups. Whatever oil she used on me did not irritate my skin in any way...and I have extremely sensitive skin...I have to take prescription meds for my hormonal acne. My skin did not react at all to anything she used and I didn't even have to ask for anything special. I had been at my college earlier that day for a an honor ceremony and came directly to the spa afterward. As a result, I was wearing my best jewelry, which included jewelry that was not only expensive (~$3k total) but also had irreplaceable sentimental value in light of my recent loss. Amy asked me to remove my jewelry prior to the massage. I simply put it into the pocket of my spa robe. I had an excellent massage...and I mean excellent. Amy even took the time to demonstrate exercises to me that I should try moving forward to help alleviate my chronic neck pain. It was the end of the day on a Saturday and she got absolutely no financial benefit from doing so. I felt so welcome. Well...the absent mindedness resulting from my recent loss caused me to forget my jewelry in my spa robe. When I realized this the spa had closed for the night. I panicked. Long story short my mother contacted the police and the police contacted the key holder for the spa (Laura or Lauren cannot remember). Not only did this person respond THAT NIGHT, they went out to the spa, unlocked it, and searched multiple locations for my robe which contained my jewelry. They locked my jewelry safely and even called me this morning (Monday) to confirm that I'd authorized my mom to retrieve my jewelry for me. This is what I consider unparalleled top notch service. A family friend told me that she'd also left her phone there at one point and that she had no problem retrieving it. The services provided by River Falls Spa are stellar, but on top of that, the way I was treated speaks wonders to the type of people working there. I'm going through a challenging time in my life and the massage and the spa employees' reactions and attention to my jewelry seriously renewed my faith in humanity. Genuinely. Amy even called me back late Saturday night promising me that she would make sure my jewelry got to me. These are talented and good people. The treatments are worth the money. I am now a huge fan and will not visit any other spa in Greenville in lieu of River Falls Spa. No words can express how thankful I am. Don't hesitate to patronize this establishment.

5  Thank GypsySoulSC
in 5 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had a 90 minute massage with Kelly last Friday. It was exactly what I needed after a long travel week. It wasn't the fanciest spa I have ever been to and that wouldn't be expected given I have been to many around the world. However it was great! Kelly did get rid of my aches and pains and put forth a lot of effort to do so.

I am not a small girl and was thrilled for once to have a robe that actually fit perfectly!! I have never had that....no idea what a treat that was to feel comfortable in it. It is definitely pricey but in line with other similar type spas. I am sure you can get a regular massage for much cheaper but you are paying for the environment which isn't overly fancy at all but I didn't mine paying the premium because Kelly did such a nice job.

2  Thank dianegooslin1960
Reviewed 23 December 2013

There isn't a better place in the Upstate for ah hour or a day of pampering and spa services. Lauren and her team are the best a providing top quality, professional care with warmth and that Southern hospitality that makes you want to return again and again. A "don't miss" experience for visitors and residents alike.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This is an amazing spa. My girlfriend and I have enjoyed a couples massage. Wow! What a great experience and a relaxing yet professional and clean environment.  We will surely be back. Thank you, thank you!!!!