“21st birthday dinner!”

21 East
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“21st birthday dinner!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

21 East is a small restaurant/ bar. When you walk in the atmosphere was nice and the staff was very welcoming. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table to come open so we went upstairs to the bar area to wait. The bartender upstairs was not very friendly, and quite pushy. Two of the people I was with ordered a shot because it was there 21st, he gave it to them then proceeded to pour himself one. Now I could be wrong, I don't know, but I thought the bartender was only supposed to take a shot or drink if you bought it for them. Anyways, besides the fact that he kind of bothered me doing that, he was very pushy trying to get everyone to take a shot, and when we all didn't take one he told us that we needed to being our wild friends next time. Not very professional. We finally got our table which was tight, but we managed. We sat down right away and ordered our food and drinks. We waited on our food for an entire hour! I had the 21 East Burger, and it was delicious once I finally got it. The food was great, the service was extremely slow. The hostess did more for us than our actual waitress. The only other thing is the noise. If you want to be able to talk to your group that you're with don't go here unless you planning on yelling all night. Because the place is so small and has a substantial amount of people in there it is incredibly loud. So bad, I had started to get a headache by the time we left. Now I gave this restaurant a good rating because it was very good food, the service was for the most part good, just slow. If you like loud upbeat places, this is great!

Greenville, South Carolina
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“Really good food”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

While parking was difficult downtown on a Friday at dinner time, it was worth it. They take some classic foods and make them more upscale. One example is the home made tater tots with a truffle aioli are to die for and a must try appetizer. My son had a burger that was fantastic along with the truffle parmesan fries that were excellent. My chicken and waffles were amazing; topped with a cinnamon whisky butter and served with a whisky syrup and home made hot sauce. This allows you to use sweet and hot as you prefer while eating a nicely seasoned fried chicken breast atop a sweet potato waffle. Nice.

Service was very good. Ambience is okay, sort of upscale bar vibe, with funy dim lighting and what appeared to be a pretty nice bar. Price was reasonable though it seemed the dinner portions were not super large. However the food was prepared very well and you really should check out thos tater tots anyway. For my son and I, sharing an appetizer and each having an entree, the total, with tip was around 42 bucks. We drink soft drinks since he is 13 and I am driving. Naturally, if you have cocktails or liquor you could spend quite a bit more but I suspect this would be an awesome place to hang out, have a few drinks, share some appetizers with friends and chill for a few hours.

Highly recommend!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank music_fanatic1
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We ate here using a groupon. The food was very good, very well prepared and quite tasty. Service was excellent. We thought the drawbacks were the value for the price, the atmosphere was a bit lacking, and the policy of 'no substitutions' but they will sell you another side order if you didn't like what came with the dinner. We had an excellent dinner though and I think most people would enjoy the dishes.

Visited May 2013