“Jersey Boy Hits The Spot”
Review of Sully's Steamers

Sully's Steamers
Ranked #8 of 939 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: At Sully's, we believe the world's best sandwiches let off steam. Real steam, rising up from fresh bagels and a stack of the best ingredients. The other kind of steam, too. The kick back, take-a-load-off kind, the "Man, that hit the spot" kind. That's what Sully's is all about, so come in, eat up, and let off a little steam.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Being a Jersey boy, I had to have the "Jersey Boy"! The meatballs were perf. Topped with Provolone and Parmesan Peppercorn a little L&T - Great combo!
I will return! Ithink I'm going Reuben next time...

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I love a good bagel and was excited to try this place. These were more like a soft roll than a bagel. You order your bagel with whatever sandwich toppings you like and then they steam it. These were soft, soggy and since we were quite hungry, a huge disappointment.

Will_M3, Public Relations Manager at Sully's Steamers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. Please accept my sincerest apologies about your experience. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to me and you leaving dissatisfied is personally troubling. I'd like to inquire further about what you ordered, time and day so I may investigate the issue further. As with any establishment, consistency is important and it appears you were served a sandwich that was inconsistent with our menu and standards. I'd like to invite you back as my guest and further explore our sandwich making process - perhaps inviting you to try another sandwich or even build a custom sandwich.

We use bagels as the vessel to create our sandwiches and then steam them to warm the meats, melt the delicious cheeses, and create a sandwich that many have reported a very positive experience for their taste buds. Unfortunately your experience was not positive and I can only ask for a second chance to entertain you and your taste buds.
Cheers,
Robert Sullivan

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife loves this place and goes there for lunch whenever she can. I can take it or leave it. A lot of selections on the menu, but most are just variations off a common theme. Bagels are ok. Be prepared with plenty of napkins.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you are thinking deli like NY or Montreal, CA with the big overstuffed freshly sliced meat sandwich...not so much. However, this is a good to very good and somewhat unique steamed bagel sandwich deli. The Reubens were very tasty and I liked the steamed bagel sandwich style. I thought it was a bit overpriced...but I guess it is in the heart of Greenville and in a prime location. Walked right in for an early lunch...but it sure crowed up quickly. This is a very popular spot in downtown Greenville...which I have to say is as nice a little city as you can get! I won't say don't miss it...but it's good.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Sully's spectacular Steamers is a true hidden gem in the Carolinas. Perfect ambiance for any occasion, whether you are taking your significant other on a nice date, or just getting a quick bite to eat downtown. Sully and his crew are truly artists, with the bagel being their canvas. These succulent steamers are truly poster children in the deli industry, and I could do nothing short of calling you insane for not wanting to try. My story:

It was a cool spring morning, and the birds were chirping as I was making my way downtown and noticed a little "rumbly in my tumbly". It was a sign from above, as this tingling came as I walked right to the pearly gates that some call Sully's welcoming front doors. The service was absolutely outstanding, with the employees making it their first priority that I make my first steamer, my best steamer. My choice (the best choice) was the MEAT CHIMNEY on a flavorful everything bagel, and believe me, it was truly everything I could have imagined. My taste buds even wrote me thank you notes for the selection I made, and I couldn't have imagined my morning going any better than it did.

Long story short- I was back for lunch and dinner (Dukes of Earle, and the Father Newman's own, respectively.)

Hopefully this sums it up, but if not.... Go to Sully's, if you are scared of the menu, ask questions. Either way, you will not regret it, I bet you a million dollars.