“Good Steakhouse, Can it compete with other good steakhouses in Greenville?”
Review of Rare Steakhouse - CLOSED

Rare Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Easley, South Carolina
“Good Steakhouse, Can it compete with other good steakhouses in Greenville?”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Ordered the Spinach Caesar salad, Hubby ordered the Mixed Field Greens, and we split the Ribeye. Food was very good, served at optimal temperature, seasoned well, and cooked as requested. They had these amazing little tomatoes on the salads that were coated in some sort of pistachio. Service was excellent but granted we arrived at 6pm and were the only people in the restaurant for a good 30 minutes. Went on a Wed nite. Prices were expensive, as would be expected from an upper class steakhouse. We used a living social deal so that offset the price somewhat. Ambiance is nice but not romantic or upscale. They went a little cheap with all tables and no booths. If I was looking for a special nite out I would probably choose a different steakhouse, if just going for a regular dinner this would be a fine choice. A good restaurant and I would go back if I had another coupon.

• Visited June 2014

Greer, South Carolina
“Excellent Porterhouse”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I are steak lovers. Peter Lugers and Gallagher's have great steaks in New York City as do a number of lesser know restaurant all over the world. But these are hard to find, in fact they are Rare.

We stopped for lunch and I saw the Porterhouse on the menu and liked the description: "A monster cut. 40oz of USDA Angus Beef capable of serving two or more." And thought of all the great steaks we have had in NYC. So I suggested we try it with the creamed spinach and a bottle of red wine.

My wife agreed and the lunch that followed was truly excellent! I do not think you can judge a restaurant on a single visit. It is in fact consistently great food and service that make the great ones special but Rare seems to have great potential. If our lunch was any indication this is a excellent restaurant. So enjoy!

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Not worth the $$$”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice ambiance but that was about it. The Rib-eye I ordered was all fat and the mashed potatoes tasted instant. I could have gotten a better steak at the peddler.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Good steakhouse for downtown”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a good place prior to the Peace Center shows or just to enjoy the downtown of Greenville. It is located in the plaza of the One Building and easily accessible from the Richardson St or McBee garages. We had drinks and the cheese tray for appetizers and this was awesome. All entrees and sides are al a carte. Very nice special occasion restaurant.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good food/good service”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Solid choice in Greenville. Just slightly off the main path. Food was good and staff was very friendly and outgoing. Naturally, a bit pricey but expected at that location.
Happily recommend.